Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You're not opening, you're not opening, you're not opening any more

The title of an email I've just received from the club. Which says I'm not opening their emails.
The thing is I do!
As far as I know Thunderbird is set to accept cookies, so is it the Club system throwing a wobbly?

Comments

• Options
    Just got the same one.
  • Options
    Me n'all. I don't always open them, but I am sure I must have opened the odd one in the past six months?
  • Options
    Got that email too, I read every email that comes from the club lol
  • Options

Me n'all. I don't always open them, but I am sure I must have opened the odd one in the past six months?

me too but to be on the safe side I've just opened one

• Options
    Same here; I open them but don't necessarily follow the links through to the club site. Binned this one; the problems clearly their end.
  • Options
    I read mine in the browser (usually Firefox). However they are recording it, it's wrong. I've emailed them to say so, but forgot to put a "read receipt" flag on it, then I could do the same to them.....
  • Options
    If you go to the on line form where you can check your personal details, it asks you to fill in any blank spaces which are marked by a diminutive, fictional, Gaulish warrior...
  • Options
    Me too. It's addressed to my son but as it's not right for me to read his emails so I haven't.
  • Options
    Yep I got the same, fairly sure I have opened emails from them.
  • Options
    never open any email from the club. goes to an old gmail account i rarely track these days (same as hotmail)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The reason I don't always open mine is that they often seem to be old news, along the lines of 'Read a review of our home win against Bolton,' which I don't need to because I was there, and also because I've read the post match thread on here.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

The reason I don't always open mine is that they often seem to be old news, along the lines of 'Read a review of our home win against Bolton,' which I don't need to because I was there, and also because I've read the post match thread on here.

I fear an injunction from the Club coming - preventing any comments on here pre, during or post match.

That will get their subscription numbers up.
  • Options
    I got one addressed to Dave.?
  • Options
    Not the only one then.

I browse the emails and very occasionally click on something as well.

Problem at their end.

• Options
    The club are desperately looking at ways of cutting costs. One of the big out-goings is the amount spent on estamps for mail that doesn't get read...............
  • Options
    The thing is I generally do open them!....... but still got this...... probably my browser is out of date on an 'old mac'.
    If the club are going to keep records, they need to keep accurate records, otherwise it is a waste of time, and rather sloppy management of data information.
  • Options
    Got the email too saw the subject then deleted it.
  • Options
    You're not opening, you're not opening, you're not opening any more
    That sounds like a chant aimed at a dropped England top order batsman (Robson, Carberry etc)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I open a few before quickly deleting them. Think their IT dept needs a health check though.
  • Options
    I replied telling them that I do open them and their system needs attention
  • Options
    They're right I don't open them, so I don't know what this one said either.
  • Options
    As far as I'm aware my in-browser email provider does not send read receipts or any indication to the sender that I have opened the email. I would be rather worried if my email provider were notifying senders without my consent whether or not I was opening emails.

I am also rather worried that whoever is behind this email didn't bother to check how many people were going to receive this email, as I imagine it would be at least 90% of the club's email list, and if that's the case then either:

a) Your method for determining who is actually opening their emails is extremly flawed

or

b) The emails really are so terrible that 90% of the club's fans are not even opening it, in which case you don't need to email so many fans to canvas their opinions when the issue ought to be obvious.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

The title of an email I've just received from the club. Which says I'm not opening their emails.
    The thing is I do!

Snap
  • Options
    I always open them. Never missed a single one. Yet I still got this email, different title though.
  • Options
    Poor communications yet again............ ;o)
  • Options
    just recieved an apology.sent in error by the club to people whoHAVE been opening their email
  • Options

Hi David

It seems that we sent you an email in error this morning asking why you hadn't been opening our emails.

The email was aimed at people who hadn't been opening any of our recent emails to try and find out the reasons why.

We realise that you do open our emails so thank you for engaging with us and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your understanding.

Charlton Athletic