Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why Are We Always The Last Match To Finish When Playing At Home?

Well amongst the last few anyway.

Comments

• Options
    Because we are always the last to start? On Saturdays I always have one of the Prem games on TV while I follow the match thread on CL. It's normal for the Prem game to start a good couple of minutes before our game starts even though they're both scheduled to start at 3.00pm.
  • Options
    Maybe our large pitch means more stoppage time as it takes longer for the obese refs in our division to catch their breath when play has stopped.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I have noticed this for years. I blame the Greenwich meridian.

Not a bad call that. Time could get distorted as you get nearer an imaginary line drawn up in the 18th Century by the predominant colonial power at the time.

Anyone got the number for Brian Cox?
  • Options
    it's bloody true, I was thinking exactly the same thing last night as I kept checking the bbc scores and every game had finished except ours!

do you think it happens deliberately to drag out the agony?
  • Options
    Been saying this for years..maybe time stops when the Red, Red Robin is played
  • Options
    Could it be that Stephen Henderson, who has had a good start to his CAFC career so far (kicking apart)
    does everything in slow motion, the bizarre fact is that even when we were losing at bournemouth he took for ever.
  • Options
    We started past 7:45 last night
  • Options
    It's the length of the Red Red Robin song. Having to wait until the end before reading out the line-ups must delay kickoff by a minute :-)
  • Options
    We are also one of the last games to finish when we're away from home as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are the last to finish when we are level or one up and hanging on. We are one of the first to finish when we are losing.
  • Options
    It's because of the Red red robin, if we came out to a more upbeat song like Tom Hark the players would walk out of the tunnel quicker.
  • Options
    Its because we are connected to Southeastern trains where nothing runs to time.
  • Options
    We always start late. Red red robin was still going at 7.45
  • Options
    Plus we love to timewaste and make it really obvious so the ref adds on a load at the end.
  • Options
    Powell was noted for it and bought the players back late every game. The club was given two warnings by the FL as a result.