Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BP happy with points haul so far after Bolton win

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I like Bob. He tells it as it is, doesn't sugar coat things or exaggerate his points. I think most of us will agree with his assessment; Bolton started strong, we grew in to the game and got two very good goals then we let Bolton back in to the game with their first real chance and had to rely on some good defending whilst playing far too deep. No arguments there.

He also puts it in to perspective when he mentions injuries - no Vetokele, Gudmundsson and Solly; three important players. To a lesser degree, no Gomes and it's essentially been Gomes who's kept Wilson out at RB. He mentions in another interview that bar Morrison, our bench was entirely U21. To get 3 points out of that game, with a weakened squad and an U21 bench is brilliant.

I'm glad he's mentioning Solly as one of the "three better players of the squad". It's good to see Solly get that recognition under new management, especially considering his long term injury and the fact he hasn't quite been at his best (that's not to say he hasn't be brilliant.) on a couple of occasions this season.
  • Options
    Is Solly injured or is he just discussing the fact that he cant play midweek games?
  • Options
    took till 26th dec to get to 22 points last season
  • Options
    timken said:

took till 26th dec to get to 22 points last season

Hmmmmm
  • Options
    I reckon Bob's as honest with the players as he is with the press - if he's not happy with them then by God they will know it, but if they've impressed him he'll make that equally clear. To me, more important than the squad building/tactical aspects, he's managed to keep the squad mentality and get them playing and for each other, which cannot be overstated given the obvious and large transition in the way the club is run at the top.