Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peeters rules out swapping Charlton for Standard Liege

Comments

• Options
    Good news. Didn't expect anything else to be honest
  • Options
    Hmmmmm was the standard job put to him though ...
  • Options
    I think RD appreciates his good work and premier league status will quickly make Charlton the new mothership. Big Bob is presiding over his potentially biggest assett.
  • Options

I'd also like to rule myself out.

Not me, I'm available.............
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

I wonder if every manager has to rule out moving to a Champions League club after beating Bolton at home.

They are not quite that at the moment.
  • Options
    Has Pardew ruled himself out yet?
  • Options
    anyone actually read this article? Apparently Duchatelet was there to watch "The Trotters Victory" last night!! A 13 line article and they make such a fundamental mistake, lazy b*stards!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

You've got a bit of a nerve writing that after starting a rumour-mongering thread that would have bothered a lot of people if there hadn't been a game on.

You often seem to offer informed insights, and I often have the impression that you are indeed informed but in this case you seem just to have heard a couple of blokes in the stand talking.

Have you learnt nothing from the Andy Delort fiasco? Speaking of whom, banging them in, isn't he?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Swisdom said:

You've got a bit of a nerve writing that after starting a rumour-mongering thread that would have bothered a lot of people if there hadn't been a game on.

You often seem to offer informed insights, and I often have the impression that you are indeed informed but in this case you seem just to have heard a couple of blokes in the stand talking.

Have you learnt nothing from the Andy Delort fiasco? Speaking of whom, banging them in, isn't he?

Pot. Kettle. Black

Remember how you were when RD first took over Prague..
  • Options
    As others on this thread have stated before me, I would like to rule myself out of the running for the Standard job. I have so much more I want achieve in my current role and my work is far from complete.

(But I would take it if they offered it to me.)
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Pot. Kettle. Black

Remind me. What unfounded rumour did I start or confirm? About RD or anything else? Dig out an example and I will apologise. i think you''ll find I use the word frequently on here, but not involving r umours I've started.

You are confusing scepticism - an opinion - with rumour mongering. And you will find plenty of cases where I have conceded that my initial opinion turned out to be unfounded or wrong, once subsequent facts - such as the summer transfer activity - have come to light.

Furthermore you are part of a small group who tend to bracket others together as having a certain viewpoint because you've just decided you don't like something about how they write. That's just the way it goes on message boards, but as a result there is a danger that you don't read carefully what individuals have actually written, and tend to confuse one individual's opinion with another.

It's a bit frustrating, no more than that
  • Options

Swisdom said:

It was indeed from a couple of people talking in the stands - but sitting where I do there are a number of well connected people who frequent the lounges and many are in the know.

I wasn't trying to scare anyone but sharing what I had heard and wondered if anyone else had heard similar - the fact it's now online, in the interview and in today's papers I'd like to think that's not all as a result of me!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

It was indeed from a couple of people talking in the stands - but sitting where I do there are a number of well connected people who frequent the lounges and many are in the know.

I wasn't trying to scare anyone but sharing what I had heard and wondered if anyone else had heard similar - the fact it's now online, in the interview and in today's papers I'd like to think that's not all as a result of me!
    I think the reason for the reaction @swisdom was that the Belgian guy who runs the Standard blog had floated this 24 hours earlier but subsequent Belgian press comments suggested it really wasn't anything like a serious option for RD - but I guess you missed that particular thread.

• Options

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

I think the reason for the reaction @swisdom was that the Belgian guy who runs the Standard blog had floated this 24 hours earlier but subsequent Belgian press comments suggested it really wasn't anything like a serious option for RD - but I guess you missed that particular thread.

Indeed. I only heard the chaps last night.

Most important thing is that we won, Bob's still here and that doesn't seem like changing any time soon

• Options
    I think Swisdom is the person the papers refer to when they quote ' a source close to the club' in their stories about Charlton.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

'frequent the lounges' lol
  • Options
    Leave Swizz alone or else! If anyone seriously think he's a rumour monger then they are misinformed. Plus he produces children that are much prettier than him and gawd knows our gene pool could do with some enhancing!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Leave Swizz alone or else! If anyone seriously think he's a rumour monger then they are misinformed. Plus he produces children that are much prettier than him and gawd knows our gene pool could do with some enhancing!

That of course is another reason why you should encourage -female - immigrants from Central and Eastern Europe :-) Not to mention Russia and Ukraine. Lordy...

• Options

Another new club in the network - Roland has taken over Prague ..... ?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Another new club in the network - Roland has taken over Prague ..... ?

I hope it's Dukla so I can get their away kit for Christmas.
  • Options
    Maybe he's got a subbuteo, with authentic floodlights, to recreate that big match atmosphere. Just don't want to be lumbered with a headless centre forward...