Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RALPH MILLER

The Bournemouth programme carried an obituary to Ralph Miller who recently passed away at the age of 73. Our more mature supporters will remember him as a young defender who made 11 appearances for us back in 1964. He joined us from Slough Town in 1963 but after failing to hold down a regular place , moved on to first Gillingham and then Bournemouth where he played quite a number of games in the lower divisions. A small cog in the Charlton wheel, but RIP Ralph, you are not forgotten

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    A left back if memory serves me right. He and David Stocks fought it out to play left back when John Hewie was injured or deployed elsewhere in the team.

RIP Ralph.
  • Options
    RIP

According to Colin Cameron's Valiant 500 he was a right back or centre back.

Found this profile on Slough's website it seems he left there as a right back but was converted to centre back along the way :

http://www.sloughtownfc.net/profile/1458
  • Options
    Strangely enough David Stocks (mentioned above) and Ralph joined Gillingham from Charlton on the same day and later linked up again when they both played for Bournemouth together. Does anyone know what happened to Stocks ?
  • Options
    I always liked Ralph Miller. I used to see the reserves a lot in those days and he was my favourite reserve team player. I think he played right back more than left back, but he certainly appeared on both sides.
  • Options

I always liked Ralph Miller. I used to see the reserves a lot in those days and he was my favourite reserve team player. I think he played right back more than left back, but he certainly appeared on both sides.

Thanks Thai!

I thought my memory was playing tricks as I was sure I'd seen him play as a left back!