Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic Moscow Amateur FC

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2016
    I must see if I can find the story, but IIRC a couple of years ago a couple of Zenit (St Petersburg) fans drove to an away game in Vladivostock, an even greater distance. The round trip took a fortnight, and the fans received a special award from the club.

"Our" Moscow guys seem like a great bunch, too.

Edit: it was 2006. The distance covered varies from report to report, but let's just say it was "only" 10000km. There were three guys who made the trip. The car reached Vladivostock but conked out on arrival, and after seeing Zenit win 2-0 the lads had to return on the Trans-Siberian Railway, at the reported fare of £1000. The club rewarded them with a new car, and the old one sits proudly in the Club museum.

This reminds me further of the England match in Almaty, Kazakhstan in 2009. A couple of lads drove out from the UK and after a week on the road they just about made it to Almaty. They gave what was left of their car to a local orphanage and flew home. (That was a long old trip - 200 miles short of the Chinese border. Kazakhstan are in UEFA !!)
  • Options

I must see if I can find the story, but IIRC a couple of years ago a couple of Zenit (St Petersburg) fans drove to an away game in Vladivostock, an even greater distance. The round trip took a fortnight, and the fans received a special award from the club.

"Our" Moscow guys seem like a great bunch, too.

Jesus... Just looked it up on Google... Would be 117-hours to complete and £800 minimum to hire a Car one way
  • Options
    Just imagine getting all the way there and it gets called off :open_mouth:

• Options
    Sod using the away coach service.
  • Options
    might be an idea to make contact with them so we can get a safe passage for the world cup.
  • Options
    Ooha would have a boring time counting those away figures... BUT a good old moan "ONLY 25 at Vladivostock!!!, it's only 4000km!)
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Sod using the away coach service.

You'd never get there as the Driver would have to stop every two hours for an hour!!
  • Options
    FC Edmonton in the NASL play Puerto Rico every season - thats only a 7000 mile round trip though....
  • Options
    Oakster said:

FC Edmonton in the NASL play Puerto Rico every season - thats only a 7000 mile round trip though....

In Russia that's just a local Derby !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oakster said:

They didnt drive though did they?
  • Options
    Very probably the most random thing i've ever seen. Has anyone from CARD contacted them?
  • Options
    Great thread, love the randomness of this
  • Options

Oakster said:

They didnt drive though did they?
    No the road between Florida & the Islands can get a bit damp at times
  • Options
    Get them over with their mates who were at the euros for a chat with Roly!
  • Options

Superbly well put together video, that.
    Lads

Yes, genuinely better than our club could put together.

I would love an exchange where we sent a few over there and vice versa for a league game.
  • Options
    Nug did it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That video is really professional. If only our actual players had that much passion for the badge we'd be doing a damn sight better.
  • Options
    Whoah

Absolutely superb. Love it love it love it
  • Options
    Bloody brilliant, love that.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I was wondering if this lot were still about just the other day. Love the passion.

'I used to play against a wall'. I hope he was better at it than real Charlton.
  • Options
    Not seen this thread before. Superb. I went to Russia in the early 80s. Loved the place, the people and the vodka. This could be an excuse to return!
  • Options
    And at the end of the video....... 'WARriors come out to play'........
  • Options
    I've heard they're in the Lower West on Sunday.
  • Options
    I think they need a trip to Belgium.
  • Options
    Quality video
  • Options

Superb !!