Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

loan window

is it still open?

Comments

• Options
    time to get another striker in then. need to lighten the load on Igor in a 4-4-2 and a replacement in case of injury if we go 4-5-1. I'm happy for KAG to get time off the bench but I very much doubt he's ready for a start.
  • Options
    Until last Thursday in November
  • Options
    edited October 2014

time to get another striker in then. need to lighten the load on Igor in a 4-4-2 and a replacement in case of injury if we go 4-5-1. I'm happy for KAG to get time off the bench but I very much doubt he's ready for a start.

Maybe you have hit on the managements thinking Large. They are always stressing the yoot factor after all. Think we do need a loan backup as well. What do we know eh?
  • Options
    Think we are wasting Igors ability by not getting someone up there with him.
  • Options
    Don't know why RD not using the loan window could cost him in the end.
  • Options

Don't know why RD not using the loan window could cost him in the end.

Reckon if the right type of player for Charlton comes along then we'll try and get him... Trouble is its gonna be difficult in the Loan Window as could very easily end up with someone just going through the motions
  • Options
    There's no point signing someone for the sake of it. All signings since the end of last season have been considered transfers that will benefit and improve the club. I'd rather RD, KM and BP wait longer if it means we get the right man in.
  • Options
    I didn't want to start a new thread and to be clear these aren't rumours. Just thought I'd let people know how some of our rumoured targets are getting on.

Yannis Salibur - 3 appearances, 49 minutes played, 0 goals, 0 assists.
    Celso Borges - 14 appearances, 1260 minutes played, 4 goals, 3 assists.
    Jean-Christophe Bahebeck - 5 appearances, 206 minutes played, 1 goal, 1 assist.
    Jed Wallace - 13 appearances, 1039 minutes played, 5 goals, 1 assist.
    Sam Baldock - 9 appearances, 722 minutes played, 0 goals, 0 assists.
    Andy Delort - 7 appearances, 485 minutes played, 0 goals, 0 assists.

Does look like we dodged a few bullets tbf. Credit to the club for not panic buying. I know it's early but all our new signings have really done well for us.

Out of that list I think the real difference makers would have been Borges and Bahebeck. Especially Borges. Our weakness is definitely the middle of the pitch and for someone who started for Costa Rica in the world cup and beat Uruguay, Italy and Greece I think he could have tore this league apart.

Hope we go knocking back on his door sometime soon.

• Options
    Are you sure Baldock hasn't scored yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Borges could come in January if we're in the top six...
  • Options

Are you sure Baldock hasn't scored yet?

All stats are from transfer markt mate, they all seem pretty accurate. Wiki has him at just one game played. Soccer base has him at 3 appearances, 0 goals. Bbc sport 0 goals as well.
  • Options
    There must be a lot of strikers and attacking midfielders rated at €1.5 to €2m across Northern Europe. We have the backing now and the league table suggests we are a much better bet than last season so I hope they can land a couple in January to add to what we have.
  • Options

Borges could come in January if we're in the top six...

I really hope we take a real punt at him. He's 26 so plenty left in him and makes it into the young category. Would adapt to the championship instantly and could be a premier league player too from what I've seen. I think he would be more important than a striker for us right now.

I'm genuinely baffled why a prem club didn't go in for him. He's affordable, way too good for the Swedish league and proven at international level too.

I assumed the only reason clubs might be put off is because of a language barrier maybe but he speaks very good English.

He's at the very top of the wish list for me. I wouldn't doubt us making play offs one bit if we had him.
  • Options
    Darren bent 0 appearances 0 minutes played 0 goals 0 assists 17 kebabs 3 stone gained