Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

DEFENDING

I watched the game last night courtesy of "Wiziwig" and I have got to say I don't remember EVER seeing a better defending "performance", they were immense.
The two centre backs, at the moment are fantastic.......again, I can't remember a better pairing at the moment. I know I "might" be getting carried away BUT what a job we done on a very very good Norwich team.

It wasn't only our back four though, every single player played their part, what a great bit of business when we bought in TBH, AB, and Stephen Henderson.

I love Big Bobs reaction as well, he's got, it seems great passion and love for our club which is great.

To top the evening off my nephew (Millwall season ticket nutter) text me saying "You boys are on fire!!!

If Carling did Tuesday night's eh???

COYR........

Comments

• Options
    I'm glad you brought this up, but sad old git that I am, I actually appreciated and enjoyed our defending last night , because our defence was rock solid, and took everything thrown at it.
  • Options
    To be a great team we have to be doing it both ends. We are fantastic at defending but it is our ability not to concede that is clouding our shortcomings at the other end. A few sobering facts:

Just four goals in five games in September.

A failure to score more than one goal in seven of our last eight matches (and the exception was two goals at Brighton).

Apart from Igor, no player in open play in the League has scored more than a solitary goal.

Not trying to be the profit of doom but, if we really want to be serious as challengers for promotion, we have to find some extra creativity/goals from somewhere.

And as much as this is a very competitive League we have seen that there are no truly outstanding sides so, with just a little extra dimension here and there, we could be in the shake up at the end of the season.

Over to you RD. This is too good an opportunity to miss.
  • Options
    The centre backs have been immense.

We finally look like a solid wall which won't concede in the final 5 minutes.

With people saying "give Church a go" or other outside 11 players. Not once have I seen the call for Morro to be put in ahead of Bikey or TBH.

Gomez has been unreal, sign him up!
  • Options
    There aren't many better CB pairings in this division. (Omerou from Middlesbrough was excellent though)

I love watching Bikey make a block and then just get up and stomp into position. No fuss
    TBH is as calm as you like - never seems overly flapped.

Wiggins is getting back to his best. He's come up against some really tricky opponents this year and we haven't lost a game. That says something.
    Solly will get the better of his winger more often than not. Gomez is a more than able deputy and Wilson will always give you 100%

Henderson has surpassed all expectations I must say. He looks in really good shape - when he joined he didn't look anywhere near as "ripped" as he is now. His kicking isn't great but his positioning and shotstopping are very good at the moment (#Deeeeeaaaaaanooooo)

Most impressive thing is the defending as a unit. Last night there were 10 men behind the ball. It must be tough on Igor because he is working his arse off and feeding on scraps but his pace and strength mean the defenders don't get a moment's peace.

• Options
    I said in the pre match thread that I thought that we had a lower Prem, upper Championship defence, as long as we keep them out then we have a chance and even replacing Solly with Gomez each Tuesday does not seem to weaken us. Wiggins still has some work to get back to his best but he has been moving in the right direction the last few games.

Unlike others, I am not wanting Roland to push the boat out, with the additon of a striker I am happy for this squad to challenge for top 10 this season and like Murray and Curbs build a Prem challenging squad over the next couple of seasons.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Unlike others, I am not wanting Roland to push the boat out, with the additon of a striker I am happy for this squad to challenge for top 10 this season and like Murray and Curbs build a Prem challenging squad over the next couple of seasons.

Agreed... Would prefer to see us consolidate this season with us possibly going up to the Premier League next season.

At the moment we're still in transition and should the likes of Vetokele.. Gudmundsson.. Gomez.. KAG all have good seasons in our sole Premier League year then I reckon we'd lose them in an instant (as if went up this year I do believe we'd come straight back down because of our small squad)
  • Options
    We are yet to be behind in any league game so far this season.

This says a lot for our set up, organisation and resolution.

• Options

It'll be interesting to see how we react when we do.
  • Options

I'd say we would continue to go and get a late equaliser ... Huddersfield
  • Options
    Henderson has been key for me. Seems a long time ago that people were calling for Pope to be given a chance.

The defenders clearly have confidence in him behind them and that allows them to get on with what is a very good job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We were 0-1 against Huddersfield before equalising in added time.

But agree with your point in principle.

• Options
    When Costa played for us he seemed to get away with murder on the pitch at times. I remember seekng him kick a player up the bum right in frontfof the ref once. In Bikey and TBH we seem to have players with similar skills. Both seem to get away with things lesser defenders don't.