Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton U21's 0 Leeds U21's 1

Very poor game of football at the training ground this afternoon. No sightings of any new players either. Only Morgan Fox of the first team layers was watching. Millwall and West Ham scouts present.

Leeds were, the better side and deserved the win albeit a scrappy goal in the first half. No one excelled. Muldoon and Munns the best of a poor bunch which included a disinterested Harriott. Could have been two players sent off. Terrell Thomas should have gone for a second yellow and the Leeds left back (Tyler Denton) for a reckless tackle which saw Muldoon carried off. Kadell Daniel was truly shocking.

Team Mitov; Osborne (c), Holmes-Dennis, Thomas Obileye; Muldoon, Daniel, Munns; Sho Silva, Pigott, Harriott. Subs used Kennedy, Cumberbatch and Aherne-Grant.

Comments

• Options
    Any idea who Obileye is (I take it he's a trialist)?
  • Options
    Think ahearne-grant will be the pick of the bunch, reckon he will be pushing first team next year.
  • Options
    Yeah I was wondering about the very tall CB Obileye too. Bad injury to Oliver Muldoon it appeared, overall it was a grey performance on a grey afternoon where Munns was our best player.
    Got there at 1.30 for the advertised 2pm kick off only to find the game had started at 1pm.
  • Options
    Never seen or heard of him before Scoham. Christian name is Ayo. Looked reasonable but no Ajayi/Gomez unfortunately. Like the look of Terrell Thomas though, albeit this was only the second time I have watched him.

Should have said on the opening thread, that Tareiq Holmes-Dennis was decent, but then again he is and will be an exceptional player for us in a couple of years, unless we are in the prem by then:)
  • Options

Never seen or heard of him before Scoham. Christian name is Ayo. Looked reasonable but no Ajayi/Gomez unfortunately. Like the look of Terrell Thomas though, albeit this was only the second time I have watched him.

Should have said on the opening thread, that Tareiq Holmes-Dennis was decent, but then again he is and will be an exceptional player for us in a couple of years, unless we are in the prem by then:)

From what you've seen what's your opinion of Munns and what level do you think he'll get to?
  • Options
    Seen Munns a lot in last 18 months. Has a lot of talent and a big heart, but in a small frame, which I think will hold him back at Championship level. I hope I am wrong, as he does get "stuck in", but can get overpowered at times by the physicality of the game.
  • Options

The only Ayo Obileye I can find, does not have the name Thomas, this players is a 19 year-old midfielder for Wednesday, who Palace tried to sign in March. Born in Hackney, started with Chelsea. Are you sure it is Ayo?
  • Options
    Ayo was the name given on the team sheet handed out and I heard players call him Ayo on a couple of occasions.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Why can't I do quotes properly?
    Ross1 said:
    "The only Ayo Obileye I can find, does not have the name Thomas, this players is a 19 year-old midfielder for Wednesday, who Palace tried to sign in March. Born in Hackney, started with Chelsea. Are you sure it is Ayo?"

There should be a comma between Thomas and Obileye in bolloxbolder's team list.

he passes the height test en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayo_Obileye

• Options
    danny777 said:

Why can't I do quotes properly?
    Ross1 said:

"The only Ayo Obileye I can find, does not have the name Thomas, this players is a 19 year-old midfielder for Wednesday, who Palace tried to sign in March. Born in Hackney, started with Chelsea. Are you sure it is Ayo?"

There should be a comma between Thomas and Obileye in bolloxbolder's team list.

he passes the height test en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayo_Obileye

Thank you danny that explains it, but curious if it is the one I mentioned
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Seen Munns a lot in last 18 months. Has a lot of talent and a big heart, but in a small frame, which I think will hold him back at Championship level. I hope I am wrong, as he does get "stuck in", but can get overpowered at times by the physicality of the game.

:)
  • Options
    How far off is Ahearne-Grant from possibly getting into the first team mix?
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Ben18 said:

OJO makes a good point. Even Dick Plumb, our expert on the academy, I seem to remember didn't have Poyet marked as someone who'd make it. Perhaps the guide is England age group caps. JC & DP were in the system, we all know about Gomes. KAG is progressing as is Archie Edwards but do we have any others in the mix? Please don't muddy the waters with other Home Nations.
  • Options

Ben18 said:

Ben18 said:

OJO makes a good point. Even Dick Plumb, our expert on the academy, I seem to remember didn't have Poyet marked as someone who'd make it. Perhaps the guide is England age group caps. JC & DP were in the system, we all know about Gomes. KAG is progressing as is Archie Edwards but do we have any others in the mix? Please don't muddy the waters with other Home Nations.
    Fergus McTaggart is a real prospect...
  • Options

Ben18 said:

Ben18 said:

There should be news on the England Victory Shield squad at some point in the next few months, worth looking out for anyone named in there.

U18s beat Huddersfield 5-0 on Saturday with Ahearne-Grant getting a hat trick.

The centre back Kenneth Yao is an u16 and made a few appearances for the u18s last season while still an u15. Don't know anything more about him but could be one that potentially plays in the Victory Shield.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140902-u18s-report-huddersfield-town-0-charlton-5-1892859.aspx