Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Frederic Bulot joins on season long loan**

Comments

• Options
    cafctom said:

Hopefully we can get him back. I think there are quite a few players in this league with similar traits and style to him, so if we don't then it isn't the end of the world either.

At the same time, the fact that there are players like him in this league suggest that he is very well suited to the Championship - which I certainly wasn't expecting to be the case when he joined us.

Yes, but are they as GOOD as he is? I would say mostly not. His goal record is respectable (and with more luck earlier in the season would be up there with Gudmunson's) and while his assist count is slightly less so that is in part due to our strikers and with a big lump to get on the end of some of those crosses he'd look better in that respect.

What impressed me with Bulot is that generally when he went on a run with the ball he looked like he had a purpose. He had intent. The likes of Harriott seem more gung-ho and optimistic that you never know, maybe this time it will work instead of having conviction that they WILL score/cross/leave the defender behind.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

cafctom said:

Hopefully we can get him back. I think there are quite a few players in this league with similar traits and style to him, so if we don't then it isn't the end of the world either.

At the same time, the fact that there are players like him in this league suggest that he is very well suited to the Championship - which I certainly wasn't expecting to be the case when he joined us.

Yes, but are they as GOOD as he is? I would say mostly not. His goal record is respectable (and with more luck earlier in the season would be up there with Gudmunson's) and while his assist count is slightly less so that is in part due to our strikers and with a big lump to get on the end of some of those crosses he'd look better in that respect.

What impressed me with Bulot is that generally when he went on a run with the ball he looked like he had a purpose. He had intent. The likes of Harriott seem more gung-ho and optimistic that you never know, maybe this time it will work instead of having conviction that they WILL score/cross/leave the defender behind.
    There are a lot of good wingers in the league - look at the likes of those in the Bournemouth and Watford teams that have just been promoted, plus players like Antonio at Forest and Gudmundsson with us (I personally reckon JBG is one of the best midfielders in the league from what I saw last season). Most of the sides in the top half have at least one dangerous winger like Bulot.

As I say, I'd like us to keep him as his goal return was very good for an on-loan winger.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

thenewbie said:

cafctom said:

There are a lot of good wingers in the league - look at the likes of those in the Bournemouth and Watford teams that have just been promoted, plus players like Antonio at Forest and Gudmundsson with us (I personally reckon JBG is one of the best midfielders in the league from what I saw last season). Most of the sides in the top half have at least one dangerous winger like Bulot.

As I say, I'd like us to keep him as his goal return was very good for an on-loan winger.
    Exactly... keeping hold of him would be great for that exact reason. Get him on loan again or even if Uncle Roland feels kind and 'gives' him a free transfer to Charlton and we won't have to spend stupid amounts for a proven winger like Antonio or take a punt on some League One wunderkind. Especially as it's far from definite that JBG is going to hang around... :(
  • Options

A lot has been made the last few days about Bulot and how he's a good winger going forward but in addition I always felt he did a good job defensively and really helped out Fox by never leaving him exposed etc...

This, this, this!

A footballers footballer in the Graham Suart mode.

• Options
    Amazing how quickly you can totally forget about a player.
  • Options
    He's had a rough time over the last two seasons and has hardly played. Shame because he's a very decent player.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

He's had a rough time over the last two seasons and has hardly played. Shame because he's a very decent player.

Personally thought he was overrated.

Often lauded on here as a massive mistake not to keep him but he was good for 6 weeks or so - the rest of the time he was a disappointment

Undeniably he had talent but not the second coming of christ
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unusual for one of Roly's recruits to have fitness issues.
  • Options
    Perhaps it took a little time to settle into a new country and his surroundings? He was fantastic once he had. Top half championship player at least.
  • Options
    He was a hottie that's for sure :kissing_closed_eyes:
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Simonsen said:

Personally thought he was overrated.

Often lauded on here as a massive mistake not to keep him but he was good for 6 weeks or so - the rest of the time he was a disappointment

Undeniably he had talent but not the second coming of christ
    But it's also widely accepted that he improved markedly when actually being played in his correct position. He was regularly played off the bench, on the wrong wing or at number 10 earlier in the season. Once he got a proper run in the team at left midfield he started scoring, assisting and providing excellent cover to the full back. His run of form gave us the impetus we needed to end that season so strongly and we were crazy to not nail that transfer down
  • Options
    He was excellent in the second half of his season with us, and a major part of our turnaround.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Now without a club. Anyone know how his injury is doing and who would want him back at Charlton?
  • Options
    Don't know. And I never saw him play I don't think.
  • Options
    Bulot made Fox look half decent- quite an achievement
  • Options
    I did like Bulot. However, I’d start Holmes, Marshall & Fosu ahead of him. I’d imagine his wages will not be cheap. Therefore not worth paying big wages to a fourth choice winger imo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:

Dazzler21 said:

I certainly would not start Fosu or Marshall ahead of Bulot, he was much better and knew when to pass or shoot.

Agree- I think people are forgetting how good he was in that decent spell under Luzon ; JBG, Cousins, Buyens and Bulot was a good midfield
    I disagree, think people are making him up to be a much player than he actually was for us. He had a good spell that is all.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    wmcf123 said:

Dazzler21 said:

I certainly would not start Fosu or Marshall ahead of Bulot, he was much better and knew when to pass or shoot.

Agree- I think people are forgetting how good he was in that decent spell under Luzon ; JBG, Cousins, Buyens and Bulot was a good midfield
    The sad thing is how fleeting those good spells under RD have been until recently. We come back in the following August, Bulot and Buyens have gone and instead we have the likes of Ba and Bergdych in midfield
  • Options
    Fosu & Bulot very different players, fosu is fast and direct, Bulot was fairly slow for a winger but was much better technically and was a much better passer of the ball
  • Options

Now without a club. Anyone know how his injury is doing and who would want him back at Charlton?

wmcf123 said:

Dazzler21 said:

The sad thing is how fleeting those good spells under RD have been until recently. We come back in the following August, Bulot and Buyens have gone and instead we have the likes of Ba and Bergdych in midfield
    I'd forgotten about Ba and Bergdych that's how impressive they were.