Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why no number 9?

Why was there no number 9 in the team lineup today, the players weren't wearing their squad numbers any conspirisy theories for this? Is 9 an unlucky number in Belgium ?

Comments

• Options
    Still to come in we are led to believe.
  • Options

Why was there no number 9 in the team lineup today, the players weren't wearing their squad numbers any conspirisy theories for this? Is 9 an unlucky number in Belgium ?

Saving it for Yann when we re-sign him :-0
  • Options
    Reza?
  • Options
    Cos he's not a number. He's a free man.
  • Options
    John Lennon asked the very same question...............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdPvN7HOLh8
  • Options
    Being reserved for a new signing who ain't a Pig or a Vicar ;-)
  • Options
    Someone was due to wear it but was injured and therefore didn't play maybe? Harriott, Moussa?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

se9addick said:

It's been retired in celebration of Marvin Sordell's contribution to th club.

He wore 10....
    Exactly. They wouldn't retire his shirt in celebration of his contribution to the club, as on the whole, it was rubbish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Waiting for our new striker to be announced as number 9
  • Options
    Think someone decided it was cursed
  • Options
    The team are taking the role of the False 9 to another level here...
  • Options

Gomez took 3 as Ashley Cole is his idol, Vetokele on 14 due to Thierry Henry being his hero. Sadly no one in the current first team was inspired by Simon Church, so 9 remains vacant.

It's obvious

No, clearly they were SO inspired by Church they just thought they were not worthy. Of course.
  • Options
    How true I don't know but I was told on the quite by a club shop worker it's meant to be a french under 21 international who was walking round yesterday with his agent
  • Options
    dancafc said:

How true I don't know but I was told on the quite by a club shop worker it's meant to be a french under 21 international who was walking round yesterday with his agent

Can't be Bahebeck, he's still in China.
  • Options
    Haven't we had a French player on trial this last week ?
  • Options
    Don't know his name or even if the bloke was pulling my plonker just to sound important
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Because 7 8 9.
  • Options
    There's no 9 because Christopher Eccleston didn't want to come back for Day of the Doctor.
  • Options
    Andy Delort would make sense, has number 9 at his current club, and is French.
  • Options
    Is he under 21 though
  • Options
    dancafc said:

Is he under 21 though

• Options
    Could be then
  • Options

dancafc said:

Is he under 21 though

So no?
  • Options

dancafc said:

Is he under 21 though

So no?
    Previously capped for France U20 side though..
  • Options
    Stephane Valcy is the one on trial.
  • Options
    Nicklas Bendtner is a free agent

Just saying.......