Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Updated Squad List - 21 July 2014

NAME / CONTRACT EXPIRY DATE

Players with contracts that run to 2015 or beyond (24)

Goalkeepers

Nick Pope 2018
Dillon Phillips 2016
Stephen Henderson 2017 - Signed on free transfer after having been released by West Ham

Right Backs

Chris Solly 2017
Loïc Négo 2017

Centre Backs

Michael Morrison 2016
Harry Lennon 2016
Joe Gomez 2016 - Signed professional contract
André Bikey-Amougou 2016 - Signed on free transfer
Tal Ben Haim - 2015 - Signed on a free transfer from Standard Liege

Left Backs

Rhoys Wiggins 2018
Morgan Fox 2017

Right Midfielders

Lawrie Wilson 2015

Central Midfielders

Johnnie Jackson 2016
Jordan Cousins 2016
Yoni Buyens 2015 - Signed on one year loan from Standard Liege
Franck Moussa 2016 - Signed on a free transfer after contract expired at Coventry City

Left Midfielders

Callum Harriott 2016
Johann Berg Gudmundsson - 2016 - Signed on a free transfer after contract expired at AZ Alkmaar

Strikers

Reza Ghoochannejhad 2016
Simon Church 2015
Piotr Parzyszek 2018 - Announced as having been loaned to STTV but not on CAFC OS
Joe Pigott 2016
Igor Vetokele 2019 - Signed for undisclosed fee from FC Copenhagen
George Tucudean 2017 - Signed for undisclosed fee from Standard Liege

U21 Development Squad (12)

Zak Ansah
Rhys Browne
Kurtis Cumberbatch
Kadell Daniel
Harry Gerard
Tareiq Holmes-Dennis
Oliver Muldoon
Jack Munns
Harry Osborne
Levander Pyke
Tobi Sho-Silva
Terell Thomas

NB I've now adopted the format used by the OS of separating the first team squad from the development squad.

There are also a number of second year scholars. Full details should be in the handbook released for the first home league game.

Comments

• Options
    Did i dream that Polish Pete went?
  • Options

loaned out not sold
  • Options
    So my request was granted! Thanks very much! Top work!
  • Options

loaned out not sold
    Was that confirmed on our OS?
  • Options
    edited July 2014

So my request was granted! Thanks very much! Top work!

Your wish is my command
  • Options
    Didn't this used to show Age or Date of Birth?

How old is Cumberbatch?

We are very weak on the right, if Solly has still got his injury issues. Assuming Kumberbatch is a youngster, we have Wilson / Nego to cover those 2 positions, if Solly is out or rested.

Can Gudmundsson play on the right side? Perhaps Reza will be played there, again, if he is still here, although I don't think that is his best position.
  • Options

loaned out not sold
    Not ours but is on official STVV channels I believe.
  • Options

Didn't this used to show Age or Date of Birth?

How old is Cumberbatch?

It did but I haven't got the time or energy to go through them all and check.

If someone wants to do it feel free and I'll update

loaned out not sold
    Not ours but is on official STVV channels I believe.
    You know the rules. When it is on THE OS not any old OS : - )

Does seem odd that CAFC don't announce these things but there you go. Maybe it's not confirmed yet.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    GK: Henderson, Pope, Phillips

RB: Solly, Wilson, Nego
    CB: Morrison, TBH, Bikey, Gomez, Lennon
    LB: Wiggins, Fox, Lennon

RM: Gudmundsson, Wilson, Moussa
    CM: Jackson, Cousins, Buyens, Moussa
    LM: Harriott, Moussa, Gudmundsson

FW: Vetokele, Tucudean, Church, Piggott, Reza

I like it! Wood/Lingard/Bahebeck in for Reza/Church and I like it even more. :-)
  • Options

http://www.stvv.com/nl/nieuws/hotnews/d/detail/piotr-parzyszek-de-nieuwe-nummer-9

Looks confirmed to me.

The club also list Rhys Browne as a development squad player and have called him that in match reports.

Archie Edwards is still a second year but he did mention his pro contract on Twitter.

The Thurrock friendly seems to confirm Terrell Thomas (CB), Levander Pyke (RB) and Mikhail Kennedy (midfielder/striker) were the u18s that we kept on, as well as Muldoon and Osborne.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RM is a lot stronger than it looks, Vetokele, Moussa, Gudmundsson, Wilson, Nego, Reza and Cousins have all played there before, it may not be their best position but I think it will be covered well enough.

Still feel we need a playmaker and another striker, but I reckon we will rely on loans for them now, unless RD goes for broke and buys Bahebeck or Wood
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    me too but then why not on our OS or have we all just missed it?

let me have a list of the development squad players and I will amend the list to add them all.

• Options
    Ahearne-Grant was rumoured to have signed a contract too I believe.
  • Options
    I think the squad looks quite strong now, but that depends on the new signings performing to expectation. As we know from January, that cannot be taken for granted. Another couple of arrivals would provide some insurance.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

let me have a list of the development squad players and I will amend the list to add them all.

An updated development squad has been posted at the bottom of this page.

It seems to confirm what we've been guessing at for the last few months (Pyke and Thomas signed). Kennedy still not listed, but there was an online article on him and his brother that confirms his status.

cafc.co.uk/team/squad-list/
  • Options

An updated development squad has been posted at the bottom of this page.

It seems to confirm what we've been guessing at for the last few months (Pyke and Thomas signed). Kennedy still not listed, but there was an online article on him and his brother that confirms his status.

cafc.co.uk/team/squad-list/
    Thanks Paddy, Squad list updated.
  • Options
    The squad is looking strong. I can't even pick a starting 11. At least 3-5 quality players (at our standard) will be missing out and I think that says a lot. I think we've got enough defenders. 2 back up centre backs, 3 back up right backs (providing Gomez can play there like Peeters says he can) a back up left back. If anything I would be more concerned about the left side of the pitch than the right.

I think if we were to buy a versatile mid that can pick a threatening forward pass or Wood or Bahebeck we would be sorted, unless Peeters is useless at getting a team to play together. The quality is there just need to get things in motion now. We're in a position where we don't have to utterly rely on one player in a certain position on the pitch to stay fit cause we have back up everywhere.

I'm not normally someone to wish time away, but Brentford couldn't come any sooner.
  • Options
    I think Moussa will be the creative midfielder.

Every team's fans want "just" one or two more but I can only see one more coming in in this window.
  • Options
    Agree this time of year every fan of every club is saying we're happy with the signings BUT just need a CB, LM, RM, CF, GK, and a RB and we're done!
    Got to be happy with the squad so far.
  • Options
    Think there is enough to work with there.

Might be for the best if we hold off on any further transfers until January. Though the incoming players (and manager) sound promising, we still don't really know how well they will gel or take to the Championship.

Hopefully Roland will keep this in mind and take stock in January when we can look at further ammunition for a playoff push, or bring in some other players if we do struggle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henry, sorry for being pedantic, but Munns appears in both the full and development squads. Thanks for doing all this btw.
  • Options

Henry, sorry for being pedantic, but Munns appears in both the full and development squads. Thanks for doing all this btw.

No probs, thanks for pointing that out. Now changed.

Does help to have a full list for people to refer and glad you like it.

No one else seems to like to enough to "like" it and Admin won't "promote" it, not that I'm counting of course ; - )
  • Options
    Since you've begged I've 'liked' it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Not counting the 12 U21 players

We have 24 senior players of whom 3 are goalkeepers so one more than a world cup squad.

There are still rumours that Reza will leave which would make it 23. PP is said to be on loan.

12 could reasonably be classed as experienced at Championship level (SH, CS, RW, MM, TBH, AB, CH, JJ, FM, JC, LW, SC)

7 could reasonably be classed as inexperienced at this level but familiar with Charlton (NP, DP, LN, HL, JG, MF, JP)

4 could reasonably be classed as new to the country and this level but experienced abroad (YB, JBG, IV, GT)

So IMHO a solid base of experienced players but with a lot of youngsters and some exciting but so far untested imports.
  • Options

Scoham said:
    me too but then why not on our OS or have we all just missed it?

Possibly because it's hilarious and embarrassing. Maybe the comms team are just trying to see if anyone other than us anoraks will actually notice he's gone
  • Options

Not counting the 12 U21 players

We have 24 senior players of whom 3 are goalkeepers so one more than a world cup squad.

There are still rumours that Reza will leave which would make it 23. PP is said to be on loan.

12 could reasonably be classed as experienced at Championship level (SH, CS, RW, MM, TBH, AB, CH, JJ, FM, JC, LW, SC)

7 could reasonably be classed as inexperienced at this level but familiar with Charlton (NP, DP, LN, HL, JG, MF, JP)

4 could reasonably be classed as new to the country and this level but experienced abroad (YB, JBG, IV, GT)

So IMHO a solid base of experienced players but with a lot of youngsters and some exciting but so far untested imports.

Agreed! And a very young squad with just a handful over 25 - this is our basic squad for two years + as almost all are on 2-4 year deals.
    And the whole transformation executed with just one transfer fee (Vetokele)
    Perhaps Reza out and Baheback or someone else comes in?
    Plenty of players to make up a decent squad of 18 for the first ten games... and perhaps Duchatelet / Peeters wait a few games until the loan window to make a couple more changes?
  • Options
    What's all this....Henry Irving and Seriously Red actually in agreement on something! Wait for it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    cafc-west said:

What's all this....Henry Irving and Seriously Red actually in agreement on something! Wait for it.

Not quite. He agreed with me, not the otherway around : - )
  • Options
    I agreed because what was written was a fair assessment of the squad. It also happens to be what I have been predicting all summer! With so many players signed by Slater/ Jiminez and Powell leaving and the majority of new arrivals being u23 and sourced through the established Network (Liege)scouting set up. So now we have an academy team topped up with European signings...
    Funnily enough one is from Romania and one from Angola... Now who could have predicted players arriving in Se7 with eastern European and African origins?!
  • Options
    edited July 2014

So Vetokele is the product of the SL scouting system in Africa? PMSL as the kids say. Only he grew up in Belgium, played under Bob in Belgium, played for the Belgium U17, U18, U19 and U21 side and was then signed from that well known African country, Denmark.

Tucudean is Romanian but I'm don't think it was very hard for the "network (Liege) scouting set up" to discover him this summer as he was signed to, well knock me down, Standard Liege.

You have to laugh