Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nathan Jones, You've Been Gone Too Long

Young (40)

Knows most of remaining squad (coached the U21s)

Experience abroad (played in Spain and for Merthyr Tydfil)

Ambitious (Left Yeovil for Charlton U21s, left Charlton to be assistant at Brighton)

Available? (Brighton lost in the play-offs and Garcia (head coach) has offered his resignation. A new manager may bring in his own coaches.

If Riga isn't staying then.........

Comments

• Options
    Too short.
  • Options

Young (40)

Knows most of remaining squad (coached the U21s)

Experience abroad (played in Spain and for Merthyr Tydfil)

Ambitious (Left Yeovil for Charlton U21s, left Charlton to be assistant at Brighton)

Available? (Brighton lost in the play-offs and Garcia (head coach) has offered his resignation. A new manager may bring in his own coaches.

If Riga isn't staying then.........

Yes please!!!

• Options
    Really good idea HI, also can't help but feel Gary Rowett may have unfinished business with us.
  • Options
    Good shout Henry.

Also mentioned in this thread: http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1838045#Comment_1838045

Do you think Roland would have him though?
  • Options

Do you think Roland would have him though?

Who knows but Maybe Roland will read this thread : - )
  • Options
    Dream team - Riga academy director (if Paul Hart leaves) and Nathan Jones 1st team manager.
  • Options

Dream team - Riga academy director (if Paul Hart leaves) and Nathan Jones 1st team manager.

Dream Team would be... Paul Hart - Academy Director.. Nathan Jones - Assistant / Reserve Team Manager (Sorry Euell).. Jose Riga - First Team Manager
  • Options
    My mate knows rowett I will get him to ask
  • Options
    Ideal as a replacement for Jose assuming he moves upstairs. Knows the club, knows the young players, well respected when he was here and knows the division. The fact that he'll be first team coach rather than manager works in his favour also, has all the experience we need and his inexperience in terms of the transfer market isn't relevant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gary Rowett? Where has that one come from? I'd be happy with him
  • Options
    Having seen Brightons performance last night is there any solid evidence that Nathan could manage the step up? I can't help worrying a bit that we may end up with another Les Reid secanario where neither the club nor the person benefitted from the promotion too far!!
  • Options
    Not Flemish (or is it Waloon) enough for RD.
  • Options
    outside chance of him getting the job maybe
  • Options
    Would be too much of a gamble.
  • Options
    Can't see it.
  • Options
    I think he would be welcomed by a lot of the fans but like others just can't see Roland appointing an outsider
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    If, in a months time we are still heading south,
    Nathan jones, our most successful U21 Manager
    and mentor of a lot of our young players who are in or around the first team squad
    would be a good call.
    Or could Nathan and Bob be joint head coaches ?
    why didn't someone think of that before !!!!
    Welcome Little and Large. (or would we be better off with the chuckle brothers)
  • Options
    I think whomever is appointed as new head coach they wI'll have been sounded out and lined up for a couple of weeks now. I think that's means someone in Duchatelets knowledge and perhaps more likely sphere of influence. I think that unfortunately rules out Nathan.
  • Options
    My only comment on the matter, as The Good Lord in Heaven (well it is Sunday), is that ultimately only He knows. What I think, however, is that if we are going to place such emphasis on youth, then the Charlton manager/head coach etc. that has delivered more silverware than any other over the last few years, but more's to the point has worked with and developed that group from their early teens must be a good shout.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will stick my balls on the line and state as a fact it won't be NJ, or Curbs, or Riga.
  • Options
    Looks like he's set to become the new Luton Town manager...

Good luck to him, wouldn't mind him in charge of us. But that would be daft because we don't need an actual manager do we?! Clueless Karel it is.
  • Options

Good luck to him, wouldn't mind him in charge of us. But that would be daft because we don't need an actual manager do we?! Clueless Karel it is.

Really?

Shows how keen he is to be a manager in his own right.

Can't imagine he would take the managers (note manager, not coach) role at Luton over that at Charlton.

Huge missed opportunity for us, great coup for Luton, if true
  • Options
    Congrats to Nathan... Has he been @ Brighton all this time still or did he leave with one of the recent regimes

Hopefully we can send a few youngsters out to Luton on loan, yet he's already got Green and Benson there who he's worked with before?
  • Options

Congrats to Nathan... Has he been @ Brighton all this time still or did he leave with one of the recent regimes

Hopefully we can send a few youngsters out to Luton on loan, yet he's already got Green and Benson there who he's worked with before?

Been at Brighton since 2013, currently 1st team coach.

Really?

Shows how keen he is to be a manager in his own right.

Can't imagine he would take the managers (note manager, not coach) role at Luton over that at Charlton.

Huge missed opportunity for us, great coup for Luton, if true
    I'm sure he sees the role there as a stepping stone, nobody knows if he'd be any good as a manager instead of a coach anyway.

• Options
    SkyBet have suspended betting after Nathan Jones was backed in from 20/1 this morning, to 1/10
  • Options
    Anybody else get the song stuck in your head when you read the thread title?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMDKXGB91Es
  • Options
    We're allowed to appoint someone who a) has never worked for the club before, and b) has no link to the Belgians.

Having said that the last manager who met that description was Dowie.
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 1h1 hour ago England, United Kingdom
    Nathan Jones apparently got Luton job. Interested to see how he will get on. #cafc players raved about how good a coach he was.