Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

training ground works to go ahead

just seen on the official site that the council have given us permission for the training complex to be built. would post the link but cant on my phone! good news =)

Comments

• Great news
  • Don't like the new green kit they're wearing in that photo, a sign of things to come maybe?

RD out!
  • Good news. It sounds like there is more funding/grants to arrange before the work starts though. I hope they get everything lined up quickly so the construction can begin over the summer.
  • Great news. RD is such a rat :-)
  • Great news but them artist impressions are wank. Looks like a school project.
  • bricks and morter are more important long term than managers, players or owners. Well done RD.
  • Surely very good news.
  • Any latest news on this? Surprised building hadn't started already
  • Sponsored links:

• Good news, but can they find an architect who does not use a shoe box as a starting point for his designs.

I see they have the cheek to say you cannot reproduce without their permission. Since when did they have the copyright on a box?
  • I'm sure that this info has been on the VoTV site for weeks
  • I'm sure that this info has been on the VoTV site for weeks

Yes, hence the link to the VOTV site : - )
  • edited October 2014
    Redrobo said:

Good news, but can they find an architect who does not use a shoe box as a starting point for his designs.

I see they have the cheek to say you cannot reproduce without their permission. Since when did they have the copyright on a box?

Well, you wouldn't want the idiot that designed Birmingham's new library. The moron has just given Brummie's pigeon population the biggest present they could possibly imagine! Unbelievably it's up for a prize!

• Don't want to belittle libraries but how much did that cost the taxpayer?
  • edited October 2014

Don't want to belittle libraries but how much did that cost the taxpayer?

It's ok BK I heard that there's no cost to the taxpayer as they've budgeted to cover the development by increasing the daily fine rate for the late return of books. :-)
  • It's a fantastic building to visit, though, especially the roof terrace.
    Love it.
  • Don't want to belittle libraries but how much did that cost the taxpayer?

£188.8mn apparently. That's a lot of money for a giant pigeon perch.
  • Sources close to the club* have revealed that a new planning application is close to being submitted.

Assuming permission is granted work is set to start in September 2105 and due to finish "late" 2016.

* today's programme
  • Set to start in September 2105 ffs ages away roland out ...
  • Sponsored links:

• thanks Henry, best news today
  • Excellent news !

Plenty of time for all those daffodil bulbs to flower and another summer for the perennials before we have to move them on.

We've been told that our views will be taken into consideration when the new site for the Memorial Garden is discussed which is very heartening.

Bring it on !

• Awaiting a "beyond parody" rant from Airman Brown...
  • An extended training ground scheme is a good test of RD, so if it gets built I shall applaud that. The original plan involved no club money at all, although obviously the club contributed the land. An enhanced scheme is unlikely to be fully fundable by grants and third-party usage.

Planning consent is not a formality, however, especially if the scheme includes 1) the residential element and 2) a higher building. I'd expect any concerns to be addressed with council officers before a scheme is submitted, although as we know from experience that doesn't always happen.
  • Haven't we already had an almost identical announcement to be thus delighted about this year? Is this announcement different in any way? I absolutely want to see this happen, let's see it begin.
  • Was it actually announced that this lot had been appointed in November? emmausconsulting.uk/charlton-athletic-football-club/
    So the project managers are in place anyway!
  • Thought I would get in the following analysis before the naysayers do:-

Don't be fooled, RD is just an asset stripper, this is just part of a scheme to own an asset created from other peoples money he can strip out later on.

Don't be fooled, RD is just an asset stripper, this is just part of a scheme to own an asset created from other peoples money he can strip out later on.

Some meat on the bones of your comment might be helpful.

How does he strip it out later on?

Who can he sell a training ground to?

How can he run a club without a training ground?

Yes, it will increase the value of the CAFC Ltd if he sells it in the future but not by that much that it would cover the money he's already invested in the purchase and upgrade.

Dippenhall - please explain. All I see is another positive step for CAFC`s youth set up upgrading status to protect player investment with the owner seeking as much outside investment as possible.