Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

good fridays past

Late 60s, rotherham at home, 11.15 (?) Ko and it clashed with a family gathering somewhere in kent. My parents finally agreed I could go to the match and gave me verbal instructions on what train to catch and how to get to the house. Off I went to the match. We won. I came out if the ground and realised I'd completely forgotten where to go. Strolled up floyd road and saw my dad waiting for me. They knew I wouldn't remember.

Comments

• Options
    68/69 - cardiff at home on good friday (4-1) then boro at home next day and birmingham away easter monday...and our lot cant cope with 2 games per week
  • Options
    Was the shipperly own goal from the half way line against orient on a good friday ?
  • Options
    1-0 v Palace 1978, Terry Brisleys finest hour.
  • Options
    Reading 3-0 in the play off surge and 1-1 televised draw with Luton in 95-96.
  • Options
    Been a few nailed on results on previous Good Fridays....
  • Options
    Cliff Holton inspired 5-2 win against Preston was a Good Friday I think c1966.
  • Options
    Our tumble over the line in 2000 happened over the East weekend. I think we played on Good Friday (televised match) and I think we lost............but then Man City lost the following day and we were promoted. Always remember that as I went off to Wales that weekend to play golf and found out we were promoted just as I was going out for my 2nd round of the day at Pennard around 5pm when the classifieds came on the radio.