Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POTY Question

Is Poyet eligible to vote for? I always thought the cut off was 20 appearances which means at the moment he doesn't make the cut but would do at the end of the season if he stayed in the team. What was decided?

Comments

• Options
    OK . Time to put this one to bed...

Have just spoken with Ian Wallis who sorts this side of the POTY event and he stated that players who have played a minimum of TEN (10) games this season are on the voting list.

So, that rules out Chris Solly, but includes Poyet, Kermorgant & Stephens.....
  • Options
    Gotta be Poyet imo
  • Options
    Dale was going to be my vote by far until January. Followed by Yann. Typical.
  • Options
    damn...........there goes my vote for Piggott.
  • Options
    Obviously you must mean Diego for young player, cause we all know Church has the POTY award tied up?
  • Options
    if poyet leaves in the summer but wins the POTY award wouldn't he have to give up the award to second place like semedo did when he left a few years back??
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I believe the POTY physically keeps the "trophy" for a year & then hands it backs, in good time for the next year's award.

I believe as Semedo then moved to Sheffield, he had to arrange for it to be physically returned one year later.

(I may be wrong).
  • Options
    Thought he took it to Portugal with him

There was definitely a delay with Solly receiving it as he got the actual trophy on the pitch before a game
  • Options
    Wilson POTY
    Poyet YPOTY
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dale was going to be my vote by far until January. Followed by Yann. Typical.

You can still vote for them.
  • Options
    Because wilson is a RB alot of what he does goes unnoticed. The amount of times there has been a 2 on 1 against him and hes easily dealt with it, but as all the attention is on poyet even something he does so simple it gets talked up as its the best thing in the world
  • Options

Have just spoken with Ian Wallis who sorts this side of the POTY event and he stated that players who have played a minimum of TEN (10) games this season are on the voting list.

Has it changed from 20 or always been 10?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Has it changed from 20 or always been 10?
    TBH, I'm not sure, PL54.

Ian sorts this side of the event so will ask him when we next speak.

• Options
    Voting for Poyet who has played so few games would be a total insult to Morrison or Cousins. Cant see how anyone who has a memory would vote for Poyet. If he stays he is favourite for 2015!
  • Options

Please tell me everyone's voted for kermorgant.

That would be a nice end of season message for Roland to pop in his pipe.

I have. Quite a few others too. Even top three would be a statement.
  • Options
    I will be. As will my dad and my kids so that's another four for Yann.
  • Options

I think it's disgusting and an absolute insult to cousins , Morrison and Wilson everyone who voted for yann and Stephens should be ashamed of themselfs and do everyone a favour and stop following this club !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yann897 said:

I think it's disgusting and an absolute insult to cousins , Morrison and Wilson everyone who voted for yann and Stephens should be ashamed of themselfs and do everyone a favour and stop following this club !
    Change your name to Yan1984 as you seem intent on rewriting history. Yann does not play for airstrip one. Yann had never played for airstrip one.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I think it will look rather stupid, if not embarrassing, if a player who is no longer here is awarded POTY. Who are you going to present it to.......an empty chair ???

If the old rules used to be that a player had to play 20 games & its been changed to 10, I can only think its because of

a) Someone wanted to make sure Poyet got recognised (as it could not be guaranteed he would have played 20 games)
    or
    b) Someone wanted to make sure Kermorgant got recognised (as he only played 17 league games )

I would like to think its a) but I do like a good conspiracy theory.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I fail to see how it's disgusting to vote for a player who has represented the club this season and some people's in opinion, performed better than anyone else who has.
  • Options
    Think it will be ridiculous if Kermy wins. It's player of the season, he left half way through. Likewise Poyet who although being outstanding has played half a season or less. Take away those two and you are left with Lawrie Wilson. If he doesn't win it will be a travesty.
  • Options

Think it will be ridiculous if Kermy wins. It's player of the season, he left half way through. Likewise Poyet who although being outstanding has played half a season or less. Take away those two and you are left with Lawrie Wilson. If he doesn't win it will be a travesty.

So why don't we just have an award for 'Most Appearances'? If you just have to play in most of the games, it's even more of a farce. Wilson has been average at best in most games (backed up by the CL stats). Does that make him POTY?
  • Options
    Stone said:

So why don't we just have an award for 'Most Appearances'? If you just have to play in most of the games, it's even more of a farce. Wilson has been average at best in most games (backed up by the CL stats). Does that make him POTY?
    I don't think it does, however it might explain how Semedo won it.
  • Options

I fail to see how it's disgusting to vote for a player who has represented the club this season and some people's in opinion, preformed better than anyone else who has.

Because he's not a Charlton player , not hard to understand is it !
  • Options

Yann897 said:

I would have changed my user name before I spouted that.
    It won't let me change it , what would you like me to do about it ? I don't want that username either clever bollocks !
  • Options
    I miss clever bollocks, her posts were always entertaining