Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chelsea - Arsenal

What a game! 3-0 down, the ox handballed it but he sent gibbs off instead? never seen this before!

Comments

• Options
    AOC even said to the ref 'it was me' and he still sent off Gibbs... The referee is deaf as well as blind
  • Options
    4-0...
  • Options
    Arsené's 1,000th has gone tits up BIG time
  • Options
    Remember it happening to Fulham in Europe, Stephen Kelly fouling someone and Hangeland getting sent off despite being about a foot taller and blonde.
  • Options
    How can a manager that's so experienced be so tactically naive every game against the top 4? Putting 5 attacking midfielders in a midfield loses games.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    The Arse given a new hole by Chelski
  • Options
    Wonder what Brentism Wenger will utter after this?
  • Options
    Not really a fan of chelsea but ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

AOC even said to the ref 'it was me' and he still sent off Gibbs... The referee is deaf as well as blind

i laughed at thi s but i do want to point out that the ref is correct not to change hos decision on the basis of a player's admission. you give what you see and nothing else. its a slippery slope if you start to let a Player change your decision with words.

so the decision was wrong but ignoring oxo's admission was 100% the right thing to do
  • Options
    Would the ref have gotten two white players mixed up? Probably not, bet there will be at least one pundit to call the ref out of this.
  • Options
    best quip i heard was that gibbs should have just.come out 2nd half wearing walcotts top
  • Options
    Hilarious stuff, love it when the arse get mullered
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Would the ref have gotten two white players mixed up? Probably not, bet there will be at least one pundit to call the ref out of this.

Wtf? ?
  • Options
    Stan Collymore noted this swiftly on Twitter.
  • Options

Fiiish said:

Wtf? ?
    I was just commenting that someone is bound to jump on the ref because the two players he mixed up weren't white, and it looks like I've been vindicated by Collymore.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Wtf? ?
    I was just commenting that someone is bound to jump on the ref because the two players he mixed up weren't white, and it looks like I've been vindicated by Collymore.

White players have more variety of hair colour and hair styles generally so it's more likely to mix up 2 black players than 2 white players. You wouldn't have Roy Keane confused with Paul Scholes for example. Nothing to do with racism.
  • Options
    Godstone said:

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Wtf? ?

White players have more variety of hair colour and hair styles generally so it's more likely to mix up 2 black players than 2 white players. You wouldn't have Roy Keane confused with Paul Scholes for example. Nothing to do with racism.
    Not sure if the ref's excuse that 'they all look the same to me' would go down too well in the media, but if there's any sense at all the red will get turned and the offending player will be given the appropriate suspension.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fiiish said:

Godstone said:

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Wtf? ?

Not sure if the ref's excuse that 'they all look the same to me' would go down too well in the media, but if there's any sense at all the red will get turned and the offending player will be given the appropriate suspension.
    That is what happened when we played Bournemouth and the ref got Fitz Hall/Angella mixed up!

A mistake but no excuse for Arsenal - they were 2-0 down at time anyway.

Maybe its sums up the state of the game that the ref didn't believe for once a player was being honest...
  • Options
    Refs getting people mixed up is just a simple mistake....let's face it players make loads of mistakes in every game - missed chances, fouls, pulling shirts, diving etc
  • Options
    Dunno about refs, I remember the Press association feed reporting Pardew had scored up at Oxford when it was actually Leaburn, don't think even the most myopic official would get those two confused.
  • Options

Arsené's 1,000th has gone tits up BIG time

He hasn't won anything for 500 games.