Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v QPR Post-match Views 2014

Comments

• Options
    I think we tend to do better against good sides, who expect to beat us. We really have a lot of potential in the side - Poyet and Cousins are very young and still a bit raw in places, but they will at some point in the not too distant future, be better than any other midfielder in this division.
  • Options

ET, I felt exactly the same, I had my little un in my arms and I was just roaring Yes Yes Yes get in there for ages, she said to me daddy you shouted so loud I was scared for a min , then her arms went up and she was saying get in there herself, it was a real emotionall end to a game of football, we will kick on from this you can sense it as a club

Great stuff NLA. You need to start planning for your new baby's first trip to the Valley soon :-)
  • Options

Watched on the tv link. !!!

What TV Link?
  • Options

Got a last minute freebie to the Arsenal game today. Just completely embarrassed myself jumping up and down shouting Yesssssssss when news of our winner came through at a point where absolutely sod all was happening at the Emirates. Oh well, worth the embarrassment.

Can't believe a Charlton supporter would go to Arsenal instead :-(
    e

Am I reading this right?
    In London, supports Charlton, went to Arsenal instead. Thanks for dropping by with your Yesssssss, enjoy Munich take it Sheffield not on your agenda. See if you can make it to Wembley .

• Options

Powell nailed it today, top tactics and subs. Let him build a team this summer Roland!

Yep a great afternoon for all true fans - David well and truly slayed immorally overpaid Goliath! But let's not do the CP love in again!!!

• Options

MOTM: Johnnie Jackson
    Diego Poyet just behind that for me.

Subs were for once spot on, not defensive, keep in the game and use flare and skill. Astrit definitely an inspired sub. Players were throwing themselves about and tackling well, Astrits shot at the end deserved a goal in itself, then he matched it with an as good cross. Lovely morale booster, legs up, massages and onto Monday lads!

Mmm can't go with that albeit the 92nd minute contribution was delicious! Diego and Jordan were outnumbered but immense all afternoon! The young men took a huge step forward in their education this afternoon! Ravel Morrison? He could have learnt a great deal from our young men but then again he only has eyes for what he sees in the mirror :-))))

• Options
    Best goal celebration since Palace away last season. On the pitch and in the stands.

I believe "scenes" is the word to describe this nowadays.
  • Options
    Everybody knew how important that goal was - a defeat today and we would have been bottom! With the win, we look like we can jump over a couple of clubs with our games in hand - then things will start looking brighter.
  • Options
    Just got rid of the in laws. As NLA said , my son at 12 don't want to cuddle me anymore, but when the winner went in we had a great father and son experience. W e got stuck in today 11 Fighters, that makes a huge difference.But I another fighter today Scarlett New (aka NLA jnr),and as I told her today if we win you gotta come every week, what a happy beautiful and energetic little girl. If somebody had told me at the season Poyet and Cousins would be our central midfield pairing , against Q P R I would have laughed in your face. Can't believe Green saved AA's shot, but what a response. Said at halftime I fancied Sheffield Wed on Monday, just need to fill a car.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Harriot is a great talent and you have to accept that you can dip a bit at such a young age. But he is a great prospect - I'd be amazed if any clubs outside the premiership have as many top youngsters as us!
  • Options
    Wow, we needed that. Match looked like ending 0-0 but great to snatch it at the end especially with the bottom 2 both winning, although that brings Donny & Millwall even more in the fight. With the games in hand you could argue we are now in the best position of the bottom 5, but there is still a long way to go. CP also deserves a lot of credit for 2 good substitutions early enough to make a difference, and that ultimately won us the game. Cousins & Poyet are looking a good combination in the midfield, and I like the look of AA. The back 4 are also generally solid, but unfortunately the front 2 of Reza & Church aren't really good enough and that may cost us in the end. Still 3 vital points and also a big boost to confidence going to Hillsborough on Monday night. COYR
  • Options
    Main game on fl show now
  • Options
    Powell looked so dejected/exausted at the end of the game, shook hands with every person on the pitch as if he was saying goodbye!
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Powell looked so dejected/exausted at the end of the game, shook hands with every person on the pitch as if he was saying goodbye!

Just emotionally exhausted, so much pressure on the game, risky team he put out, for it to pay off in a 92nd minute after such a hard week I think everyone would need a sit down to soak it all up. And that's just team spirit, every single person playing a part if we're to stay up, not just the 11 kicking the ball.

• Options
    Dave2l said:

0 shots on target produced by a superior side against a team in the bottom 3.

So did QPR just not turn up today? Or did we do an extra special job on them to keep em out and win the game?

Bit of both, would be the most likely and reasonable answer.

In Redknapps post interview it kind of seemed he couldn't quite put his finger on it about how there was such a lack of a goal threat against a team, that on paper, he should be beating comfortably. He appeared overly angry and frustrated. Perhaps understandably so for a man in his position that should win.
    They may have, collectively, been better on the ball and played with more confidence, especially the 1st half, but we read almost everything they threw at us just by hard work, determination and being more organised.

How many of you "had that feeling" for a positive result going into today's match? I assume quite a lot. The fans players and management was forced to assume the role of the "under dog" which rarely happens playing at home, and it payed off as we were willing to sing a bit louder as fans, and the players put the extra foot in where it counted.
    Once again our younger players impressed and, to highlight Diego Poyet, he was fantastic and gave a inspiring battling performance.

QPR have lost two games on the trot prior to today's fixture, so they would have been desperate to pick something up at the valley and we did not allow them a proper sniff at goal at any stage of the game.

Chris Powell got it 100% spot on.

In answer to my question I think It was mostly a case of Charlton being good, and it was a long time coming. Hopefully we will push on from here and survive the season. It's still a long way to go and it will be a struggle, but that was a very encouraging performance that should not go under-estimated.

Monday night in Sheffield...can we pull that off too and keep our Wembley hopes alive? Who knows.

boggzy said:

The amount of thought, discipline and battle in our team was brilliant to watch. Everyone seemed up for it, and you could really tell they'd worked hard in training (which you don't always get the impression of, to say the least!)

Like CAFC 'the good guys' winning against all the odds.

• Options
    Looking forward to Monday chaps.
  • Options
    @CrayAddick Can you not put NSFW stuff on the match related threads? Ta
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Did you rest players today?
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Did you rest players today?
    Yeah, loovens, Maguire, Best and Coke all rested but the others today stepped up to make a claim for Monday.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Alright Piggy what you doing up this time of night...........Don't tell me, your alarm must have gone off after your self imposed 48 hour exile after your I'll thought 'what if we knock you out of the cup and relegate you' thread :-0
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Alright Piggy what you doing up this time of night...........Don't tell me, your alarm must have gone off after your self imposed 48 hour exile after your I'll thought 'what if we knock you out of the cup and relegate you' thread :-0

Was it that long? wow, that's long for a lifer like me that!

• Options
    I'm gutted you never asked me why I'm still up at this unearthly hour. Now what stand are you going to be in tomorrow night so that I can give you a friendly wave :0)
  • Options
    Why are you up at this unearthly hour anyway Red? lol

Stand to your right.
  • Options

Stand to your right.

Just got in from a do and that's convenient because I am right handed :0)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Stand to your right.

Just got in from a do and that's convenient because I am right handed :0)

Sadly this stand has little atmosphere, the stand to your left (North Stand) will be vocal as well as the Kop.

• Options
    Its been emotional for sure... listening to powell's interview has got me this morning.... THIS MAN MUST STAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Great to see us win on live TV. Everything has been said as unlike some I have read the thread before posting.

One question, did RD stay on to watch the game after his midweek press conference