Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The gentleman that is Chris Powell

Comments

• Options
    Chris Powell will get a deserved welcome today and rightly so.

But lets not forget Bowyer and remember as much as he loves Charlton, between 3 and 5 he will want us to get slaughtered.

However loud we cheer SCP make sure we cheer twice as loud for LLB
    Literally slaughtered with those tackles that were flying in on Williams and others. His team today just showed he is just another manager of a rubbish league one team.    
  • Options
    If he was behind the time wasting by his team today I have lost a lot of respect for him. Football is entertainment, that display was cheating.
  • Options
    I agree. Was very disappointed by the tactics of Powell's team today. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Richard J said:
    I agree. Was very disappointed by the tactics of Powell's team today. 
    I’d love his tactic of getting 100 points and winning the league though ! That’s not
    to suggest I want him back, although I wouldn’t object too much when LB inevitably leaves this summer 
  • Options
    Can’t believe the ten men of Southend didn’t wanna keep the game flowing and wasted time , really strange tactics 
    There is a difference between time wasting and what they were doing.

Also the time wasting started on the 40th minute
  • Options
    The time wasting I am unhappy about is the continuing feigning of serious injury. To my mind that is cheating same as diving. I understand the ref cannot ignore a player saying they are injured, but he could then add on the 20 minutes lost ( we probably would not have scored)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can understand a bit of time wasting as they were clearly the weaker team and having to play most the game with 10 men, but it was the way they went about it that was disappointing from a Chris Powell team, he is a man we look at as an honest pro doing things the right way. His team today were just cheats pure and simple. The ref didn’t help as he had no control of the situation, the goalkeepers antics were just ridiculous towards the end. Oh and the fattest physio in the world didn’t help!
  • Options
    He looked very smart today as always
  • Options
    In all honesty, as a manager, this is probably his level. As a man he’s top class. 
  • Options
    I can accept time wasting but constantly feigning injury was just too much yesterday and the ref did f*** all. The injury time was a joke - it could easily have been doubled.

What made it worse was Southend could easily have won at the end.
  • Options

It scared me how shit we were for that ten minute or so period when everyone was giving the ball away at the back and failing to clear it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The keeper going down injured worked as it killed our momentum and after that they had 2 great chances to.score. Before this a yellow card to the keeper early on would have helped but I think the ref was worried about the no. of cards already dished out. I think in the end our team looked very disjointed with our subs and I think Powell may look back and think maybe his team could have played a bit more and even with 10 men got the win.
  • Options
    I dont have a problem with timewasting we do the same albeit not quite so cynically, thats modern football. As Robinson said Allardyce plan is to reduce playing time against the stringer teams. What i did not like about this Powell team was the cutting down of players with thigh high tackles with no intention to get the ball. Powell never played like that and its sad that he condones it as a manager.  2 games and 3 sendings off!
  • Options
    If he was behind the time wasting by his team today I have lost a lot of respect for him. Football is entertainment, that display was cheating.
    Are we selectively forgetting that his Charlton team did exactly the same? 
    It does go to show that CP (top top guy) is like every other sports manager in the entire universe (usually tossers) and is focussed on winning every game for his club, regardless of the opposition and so he should.

Guarantee there's Charlton who wanted Southend to win yesterday as it was CP (absolute gentleman of the highest order) and also because of the current situation at the Club.

• Options
    Probably all Charlton teams, not just his.

Didnt Pompey fans have similar views of us after we beat them?
  • Options
    It does go to show that CP (top top guy) is like every other sports manager in the entire universe (usually tossers) and is focussed on winning every game for his club, regardless of the opposition and so he should.

Guarantee there's Charlton who wanted Southend to win yesterday as it was CP (absolute gentleman of the highest order) and also because of the current situation at the Club.

Really? Can’t see that being the case 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Several 'fans' on here have said they want us to lose every game to hirt RD.
  • Options
    I can accept time wasting but constantly feigning injury was just too much yesterday and the ref did f*** all. The injury time was a joke - it could easily have been doubled.

and maybe if it was doubled Southend might have won in it
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Several 'fans' on here have said they want us to lose every game to hirt RD.
    One or two at most