Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come in No 4 your time is up! (Ed. Page 33 - Jackson signs new contract to 2023)

Comments

• Options
    Captaining Charlton to win League One. Getting to lift the trophy is probably my best moment.

Love Jacko to bits.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Captaining Charlton to win League One. Getting to lift the trophy is probably my best moment.

Love Jacko to bits.

Well if we won the League or get promoted this season, Jacko and Peacock must be the only guys to have played and coached in a promotion winning side?

Edit - Just seen that Curbishley got a runners-up medal from our promotion to the First Division back in the 85/86 season, both Mike Bailey and Andy Nelson got us promoted as Managers but not as Players.
  • Options
    Bless his cotton socks.

See you in Wigan, JJ !
  • Options
    LEGEND.
  • Options
    Do you think he'd fit in my stocking ?
  • Options
    Fantastic man!!!
  • Options
    While he may not have the legs he once had his footballing brain is still 100% there. Experience tells at this level.
  • Options

Filth :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Filth :wink:
    Sexist filth! We are not pieces of meat you know!! :wink:
  • Options
    Played well yesterday in that role. Good touch.
  • Options
    In February this thread will be four years old.

And the OP is still wrong
  • Options
    Did a decent job for us yesterday. Safe pair of hands.
  • Options

LEGEND.

Or Legsend, as some would prefer
  • Options
    Enjoyed seeing him yesterday and it was great to hear his name being sung for so long
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Enjoyed seeing him yesterday and it was great to hear his name being sung for so long

Yes, agreed. A great tribute to a top Charlton man. We never know when his last game will be, so it's good to make every game memorable.

Played the full 90, probably won't be able to lift his nipper onto the new Xmas bike for a week.

Love Jacko to bits.
  • Options

JJ isn't the future and wasn't four years ago when we were playing in the Championship.

Football isn't all about sentimentality otherwise nobody would ever retire or be moved on.

JJ has been a great servant for the club and showed yesterday he can do a job if required in L1.

Would JJ want to start more games?
  • Options
    I met Jackson will be aching this morning, he can't have done too many 90 minutes recently
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Don't think Jacko adds anything to the team anymore. Shouldn't be starting as the game is passing him by.

• Options

JJ isn't the future and wasn't four years ago when we were playing in the Championship.

Football isn't all about sentimentality otherwise nobody would ever retire or be moved on.

JJ has been a great servant for the club and showed yesterday he can do a job if required in L1.

Compare and contrast
  • Options
    He did a good job for sixty minutes in a scrappy game where height and tackling in midfield would be extremely valuable attributes. He'd be a good option to bring on in the second half of scrappy games, I think - expecting more than an hour of him is too much at this stage as he really can't keep up with play if it's in any way flowing
  • Options

Compare and contrast
    You've replied to me twice which is nice - I love your style. When I made the original post we were in the Championship in case you've forgotten.

JJ now operates as a backup which illustrates my point that MR doesn't see him as a starter in L1. I'm sure even JJ would accept he'd struggle.

Thank you for your interest...
  • Options
    Forget it Hoof, it's Museumtown
  • Options
    Can you imagine what the reaction if jj'd nipped in for a 90+5 winner?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Can you imagine what the reaction if jj'd nipped in for a 90+5 winner?

Shock, disbelief and joy!!!
  • Options
    Wasn’t there yesterday, but it’s good to have have a proper leader on the pitch. As much as I like Solly, I don’t think he’s captain material. When in the team I personally think Pearce is the man for the job.

Jackson has a goal in his locker as well - If he starts at Southend I predict he will add to his tally.
  • Options
    He did well yesterday and there was no question of having to take him off. Blackpool were pretty poor in midfield so Jacko did get more of the ball than usual and wasn't chasing his tail. I think his goal threat has pretty much gone though and I can't recall him getting anywhere near the penalty area apart from dead-balls.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Compare and contrast
    You've replied to me twice which is nice - I love your style. When I made the original post we were in the Championship in case you've forgotten.

JJ now operates as a backup which illustrates my point that MR doesn't see him as a starter in L1. I'm sure even JJ would accept he'd struggle.

Thank you for your interest...
    "Don't think Jacko adds anything to the team anymore."

JJ proving you and many others wrong for nearly four years - in the Championship and League 1.

:wink: