Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan v Charlton - Player Marks

edited February 2014 in General Charlton
For those that were there, marks out of ten please.

Thuram-Ulien
Nego
Wiggins
Poyet
Morrison
Wood
Cousins
Ajdarevic
Ghoochanneijhad
Sordell
Jackson

Lennon (8')
-------------------
Pritchard (73') N/A
Dervite (88') N/A

Please note - Comments and discussion should go on the match the Post Match Views thread, not here.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/59434/wigan-v-charlton-post-match-views-2014#latest

Comments

• Options
    Thuram-Ulien 3
    Nego 5
    Wiggins 6
    Poyet 7.5
    Morrison 7
    Wood 7
    Cousins 7
    Ajdarevic 6
    Ghoochanneijhad 6
    Sordell 6
    Jackson 7

Lennon 7
    Pritchard 6
    Dervite 6
  • Options
    Seriously... Thuram (3)? - Sounded like he made some good saves in the match
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Read RC's comments on the post match views thread.

Let's try and keep the marks thread just for marks please, cheers
  • Options

Search #wafc on Twitter...
  • Options
    Thuram-Ulien 7
    Nego 5
    Wiggins n/a
    Poyet 6
    Morrison 6
    Wood 6
    Cousins 7
    Ajdarevic 6
    Ghoochanneijhad 7
    Sordell 6
    Jackson 7

Lennon (8') 6
    Pritchard (73') 6
    Dervite (88') 6

Jackson with some good dangerous passes at times,

Nego was hot and cold , sometimes diving in when he should of stood his ground , abit light weight but I'm sure he will get better.

Lennon stood up to mcmanaman like his effort against a top player

To be fair Morrison and wood did well but we couldn't keep hold of possesion so they had so much to deal with constant corners and crosses

Cousins and ajderivic couldn't keep the ball in midfield . Ajderivic was unlucky hitting the bar. He needs to win more headers he is tall enough!

Thurman I like the look of , very acrobatic and good talker kicking was also good . He doesn't like to catch the ball tho , prefers to punch it or parry it.

If I'm honest , they were better and when Pritchard and dervitte came on we crumbled.

We can't defend 1 goal leads like that we needed to push out and not invite so many crosses . When fortune came on for Wigan we couldn't handle the presence of him.

Ghoocanjhad looks good but goes down to easy , he will score us goals IMO. Sordell was better today but still makes the wrong decisions. He ran the ball into the keeper at one point when he should of just took the shot .

Very disappointed to be honest. But can see some positives ! Keep the faith .

• Options

I have and two comments on him punching more then he catches, and a couple on how good the save from Watson was

• Options

Thuram-Ulien - 5
    Nego - 5
    Wiggins - n/a
    Poyet - 7
    Morrison - 6
    Wood - 6
    Cousins - 6
    Ajdarevic - 5
    Ghoochanneijhad - 6
    Sordell - 6
    Jackson 6.5

Lennon (8') - 6.5
    Pritchard (73') - 4
    Dervite (88') n/a
  • Options
    Rothko said:

I have and two comments on him punching more then he catches, and a couple on how good the save from Watson was

Snap. Found one comment giving him stick.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    please only mark down as far as Lennon because neither Pritchard nor Devite were on the pitch long enough for a mark
  • Options
    Surely people can mark if they want to? You don't have to include it in any analysis you do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Were you there then? Assume the chap that marked actually watched rather than listened to the radio.
  • Options

Were you there then? Assume the chap that marked actually watched rather than listened to the radio.
    Nah your right I wasnt there but then again I wasnt criticizing the marks he gave was merely surprised due to the fact he only conceded come the 88th minute so thought I'd ask the Question as to why he got such low marks - Now they've been explained I understand them... that okay with you Sire?
  • Options
    Thuram-Ulien - 4 - He flapped at too many crosses and looked shaky a lot of the time. I may be a little harsh but from where I was I could not see whether some of what was going on at the end were good saves from him, defenders clearances or bad shots from Wigan. Good distribution.

Nego - 6 - Good performance for the majority of the game got tired by the end it looked to me. Definitely needs to get on the weights he looked like he was going to blow away. If I was marking him at 70 minutes I probably would've given him a 7.

Wiggins - Gutted he came off.

Lennon - 7 - Again lost his legs towards the end but felt that he rose to the occasion. Controlled a top winger for the majority of the game and threw in some great sliding tackles. Very brave especially after injuring himself slightly in his first few minutes.

Poyet - 7.5 - Composed and cool. He kept the ball moving in midfield and looked confident, with more movement and creativity around him undoubtedly could create. Again, lost his legs a little towards the end, but only looked out of place when we were inviting them onto us in a stupid 5-4-1.

Morrison - 6 - Did quite well in difficult conditions, messed up more clearances than usual but wasn't too worried by him.

Wood - 6 - Solid

Cousins - 5.5 - Didn't do much, out of place on the wing. Start Green on the right, Harriot on the left, with Cousins and Poyet in the middle next time if I was CP.

Ajdarevic - 4.5 - Ineffective, I thought it was Reza who hit the bar not him though? May have to edit later if it was him.

Ghoochanneijhad - 6 - Little supply, but looked lively and interested and keen. Hopefully with more time with the squad he could score. I have faith.

Sordell - 4 - Extra .5 for a well taken goal, but other than that he was lazy, uninterested, frightened of challenging for the ball and generally a waste of air.

Jackson - 6 - Not great today I didn't think but was solid.

Pritchard - Not what we needed
    Dervite - See above
  • Options
    Thuram-Ulien 4 responsible for much of the pressure, claim the ball man.
    Nego 6 Looked tired at end, started diving in but on the whole sound start.
    Wiggins n/a was looking busy.
    Poyet 7 really liked the distribution and the energy shown, not afraid to talk and demand more from those around him.
    Morrison 6.5 busy day
    Wood 6,5 ditto
    Cousins 6 wasn't allowed to dominate by effective and better opposition but never shirked duties.
    Ajdarevic 6.5 improved since saw him at Hudds, more with the pace of the game.
    Ghoochanneijhad 6.5 welcome aboard, looked sharp to start, faded but hopeful for good stuff to come.
    Sordell 6 best I've seen of him, if only had been as decisive with second chance as he was with the first.
    Jackson 7 captain's shift put in. Getting fitter therefore more influential.

Lennon (8')
    Pritchard (73')
    Dervite (88')
  • Options

Thuram-Ulien 4 responsible for much of the pressure, claim the ball man.
    Nego 6 Looked tired at end, started diving in but on the whole sound start.
    Wiggins n/a was looking busy.
    Poyet 7 really liked the distribution and the energy shown, not afraid to talk and demand more from those around him.
    Morrison 6.5 busy day
    Wood 6,5 ditto
    Cousins 6 wasn't allowed to dominate by effective and better opposition but never shirked duties.
    Ajdarevic 6.5 improved since saw him at Hudds, more with the pace of the game.
    Ghoochanneijhad 6.5 welcome aboard, looked sharp to start, faded but hopeful for good stuff to come.
    Sordell 6 best I've seen of him, if only had been as decisive with second chance as he was with the first.
    Jackson 7 captain's shift put in. Getting fitter therefore more influential.

Lennon (8')
    Pritchard (73')
    Dervite (88')

What was Lennons mark mate?
  • Options
    Lennon 6.5 up against good quality opposition did well
    Cheers
  • Options
    just seen the goals on t v thought our keeper should have saved both there goals
  • Options
    Thuram-Ulien - 7
    Nego - 8
    Wiggins - N/A
    Poyet - 8
    Morrison - 8
    Wood - 8
    Cousins - 8
    Ajdarevic - 8
    Ghoochanneijhad - 8 MOTM
    Sordell - 8
    Jackson - 8

Lennon 8

Really good team performance. Didnt deserve too lose. Lots of positives too take from the game.
  • Options
    Thuram-Ulien 4
    Nego 4 I seem to be in the minority here, but I was very disappointed with him - positional play shaky, dived in too much, tackling light weight
    Wiggins
    Poyet 7.5 excellent holding play and good, calm passer
    Morrison 6.5 solid defensively - if only he could use the ball when he has it
    Wood 7
    Cousins 6
    Ajdarevic 6 slow moving, quick thinking
    Ghoochanneijhad 7 have high hopes of him
    Sordell 5 I hoped his early goal would allow us to see him playing with confidence, but I don't think he has it in him
    Jackson 7 we still need him

Lennon (8') 6.5 defensively good, but I don't think he's going to offer anything going forward. Of course that's less of an issue in his normal position
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thuram-Ulien 5 No confidence in this guy at all, did make a couple of good saves and his kicking is ok, but tries to punch everything away, totally unorthodox!

Nego 6 Had a very nervy start against probably the best left winger in the league, but stuck to his task quite well, didn't get forward at all.

Wiggins - Felt sorry for him having to go off in his first game back.

Poyet 6 Steady and hopefully a good player for the future, not ready yet.

Morrison 7.5 MOM for me, dealt with everything that was thrown at him.

Wood 7 Steady

Cousins 6 Totally lost and wasted on the right wing and didn't help Nego out much, so much better when moved into the middle.

Ajdarevic 5 Talking to a lad on the train on the way home who thought he had a good game, personally I thought he was rubbish!

Ghoochanneijhad 6 Showed signs of a quality player but needs a target man up front with him, hopefully Peter Parsley will fill that gap.

Sordell 6 A well taken goal, but apart from that nothing, I really don't rate him at all.

Jackson 6 Was trying hard to get some organisation in the team first half because we really looked like a team of strangers, not much apart from that.

Lennon (8') 6.5 Tried hard and put in some good tackles, another one that is not quite ready yet.

Pritchard (73') 5 Put on rather than Green to play right wing, odd!

Dervite (88'
  • Options
    Thuram-Ulien 5
    Nego 3
    Wiggins
    Poyet 6
    Morrison 7
    Wood 7
    Cousins 7
    Ajdarevic 6
    Ghoochanneijhad 7
    Sordell 6
    Jackson 6
  • Options
    Will leave it until tomorrow to post my marks as I think my disappointment at the way it ended will cloud my judgement.
  • Options

Thuram-Ulien 6
    Nego 6
    Wiggins 6
    Poyet 7
    Morrison 7
    Wood 7
    Cousins 7
    Ajdarevic 7
    Ghoochanneijhad 7
    Sordell 5
    Jackson 6

Lennon (8') 7
    Pritchard (73') 6
    Dervite (88' 6
  • Options
    Gutted.
    Like se9 will post my marks later.
  • Options
    ok, had time to think about this - not for a long time have i been so gutted and deflated as this - would have been a fantastic 3 points - maybe an undeserved 3 points , but what a 3 points it would have been.
    Thuram-Ulien 5 - what a flapper he is - and everyone thought Hamer was a flapper ! - tried to punch EVERYTHING in the air, sometimes it went backwards!(memories of Richard Wright at Highbury)- however, he quite obviously is a good shot stopper and saved us on more than one occasion . Wigan quickly cottoned on to this and just put cross after cross into the box
    Nego 6.5 After a torrid first 5 mins, i thought he settled into it very well and looks promising , if a bit Bambi like.Needs to put on some muscle though.
    Lennon 6 - steady, however, (and no blame on him), gave no overlapping outlet to anyone trying to counter down the left. as he had his hands full with Mcmanaman.
    Poyet 7 - good, impressive. will be a very good player once he's filled out , but linked the play well, and has a lot of control and energy.
    Morrison 7.5 A rock - felt gutted for him at the end as he had given everything to hold up the stampede
    Wood 7 As per Morro -very solid - put in a big shift today.
    Cousins 6 ineffective and anonymous for a lot of the game. Had to double check the program to make sure he actually was playing.
    Ajdarevic 5 - Hmmm, aside from sliding the pass into Sordell, didnt do a lot else , just wandered around looking lost. My son turned around to me in 2nd half and said 'he plays like Berbatov' - and he wasnt talking about the skill.Lightweight.
    Ghoochanneijhad 7 Now, this lad interests me, i thought he had a good game and looks very promising, hard to knock off the ball for a little un and has control and skill, and his work rate was very good too for a continental player, could be a find.
    Sordell 5 - Sorry, aside from the goal did eff all - provided no outlet (through laziness) to Lennon on left hand side when attempting to clear the lines.
    Jackson 6 - hmmm, steady.

Support 10/10 - they were brilliant today - singing all through the game, very proud of them. a bit gutting to hear the Wigna crowd mocking at the end when they had made no contribution whatsoever.
  • Options
    Thuram-Ulien - 3
    Nego - 4
    Wiggins - n/a
    Poyet - 6
    Morrison - 6
    Wood - 6
    Cousins - 6
    Ajdarevic - 6
    Ghoochanneijhad - 6
    Sordell - 6
    Jackson 6

Lennon (8') - 5
    Pritchard (73') - 6
    Dervite (88') n/a

• Options
    Clutching at straws, but Gucci could be big for us... Sounded a constant threat
  • Options

Thuram-Ulien 3
    Nego 5
    Wiggins
    Poyet 7.5
    Morrison 5
    Wood 5
    Cousins 5
    Ajdarevic 5.5
    Ghoochanneijhad 5.5
    Sordell 5.5
    Jackson 6

Lennon (8') 5.5

• Options
    Thuram-Ulien - 5 Threw more punches than Frank Bruno. If he's the answer, then we're in trouble. Worst of all the keepers we've had this season. He's like a cracker jack, jumping all over the place. Got a cheer when he actually caught a cross.

Nego - 7 Quite impressed with him actually - particularly the first half, Did fade though.

Wiggins - N/A

Poyet - 7 Looks really comfortable on the ball, played some decent passes. Not the bite in the tackle that Stephen's had.

Morrison - 7 Usual solid display. Really puts his body on the line and just keeps going.

Wood -7 Good to see him back. Best partner for Morro.

Cousins - 7 Some great passing and broke up their midfield flow quite a lot.

Ajdarevic - 6 OK in the first half but looked dead on his feet from 60 mins as was a bit of a passenger. I would have taken him off earlier. Hopefully it's just a matter of getting his fitness levels up.

Ghoochanneijhad - 6 No pace, but did cause them quite a bit of problems during our few and far between attacks.

Sordell - 6. Took his goal well. Quite often looks uninterested though

Jackson - 7 Great Captain. Not as effective as he was a couple of years ago, but we really need him on the pitch particularly with so many youngsters playing.

Lennon (8') - 8 Actually my man of the match. He kept McManaman really quite, covered his team mates well and was listening and acting on what both Morro and Jacko were telling him.

Fans 10 - Not sure how many of us were there, but the support was brilliant throughout. It was cold, wet and windy and all we needed was the game to finish in the 87th minute for a better evening.