Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford Utd v Charlton Ath|FA Cup 3rd Rnd Replay|21 January 2014|Preview, Views, News and Line-Ups

edited January 2014 in General Charlton
The Introduction

This will be 5th Oxford preview this season and, with no due respect, it was hard enough trying to think of something to say about them the first time so I won't bother.

The Opposition.

Same XI we drew with last week. "Deserve another chance", "ran a team two divisions higher very close", "disappointed at the end having been two up" blah, blah, blah

The Line Up

Now this will be a conspiracy theorists delight.

Some simple rules to follow

1. Anyone who doesn't play is being sold - no one is ever injured, ill, suspended or dropped for a FA Cup game in January.

2. Any Liege players who play HAVE to play and Chris Powell has no say in it. Even if they are on the bench.

3. Any managers/scouts at the game are watching our players only and will be putting in bids in the next 48 hours so are as good as sold.

4. Danny Green looking good v league 2 opposition proves he should start in the Championship every week.

So with that in mind the team will be

Alnwick

Wilson Morrison Dervite Evina

Green Cousins Stephens Harriot

Kermorgant Church

The Prediction

Crushing 2 - 1 victory to the Addicks (Church 2)

Comments

• Options
    £67,500 up for grabs.
  • Options
    3-1 win for cafc and a field day for the conspiracists
  • Options
    Not sure Ajdarevic is eligable to play. 1-3 to CP's Red and White Army. If we win the players have the reward of two trips to Yorkshre in 5 days.
  • Options
    I reckon Fox might play
  • Options
    No Standard Liege players are eligible to play.

Alnwick will play if he's fit, otherwise Hamer with his ankle seriously strapped.

Oh, to hell with it - why not give Phillips a start in goal, it'll be good experience for him.

;o)
  • Options
    Comfortable away win 4-0.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

No Standard Liege players are eligible to play.

Are you sure? Not eligible for the first game but does that also apply to a replay?
  • Options
    That's how I read it, Henry.

I believe it's because the replay is part of the same fixture.
    Happy to defer if anyone knows for sure.
  • Options
    Another good reason for putting out a strong team - if we win, Wiggins's suspension will only include one league match.
    So, if Solly's fit, I would play him in this one, and rest him v Uddersfield (hopefully).
    And let's include several strong players on the bench, as well as a couple of the kids.
  • Options
    (f) All players must have been eligible to play in the original tie in order to play in a replayed or postponed match; however a player who has been suspended according to the disciplinary procedures under the Rules of The Association may play in a postponed or replayed match after the term of his suspension has expired.
    (g) A substitute who does not play in a match is entitled to play for another Club in the Competition in the same season.
    (h) In all Rounds of the Competition a player shall be a “registered player” of his Club under the Rules of the Competition.
    (i) (i)
    A “registered player” is one who is either, in the case of a player under written contract, registered with The Association or, in the case of a player without a written contract, registered with a League in which his Club competes in the current season. Any such registration must have been received and accepted by The Association or League by 12 noon on the Friday previous to the date fixed for playing the Round, and the registration must be continuous through to the date of the match. .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks, Dansk.
  • Options
    Thanks Dansk
  • Options
    Alnwick
    Wilson Morro Wood Evina
    Green Pritchard Jackson Harriott
    Piggot Church

Have Kerms, Stephens and Cousins on the bench and only use them if absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    Wood took a bad knock towards the end of the game on Saturday and was not fully mobile, so might be rested?
  • Options
    Doesn't matter who plays we win
    1-3 to the red army
  • Options

Wood took a bad knock towards the end of the game on Saturday and was not fully mobile, so might be rested?

Opportunity for Harry Lennon?

• Options
    Same team as the first game with Green, Harriott and Evina in for Cook, Pritch and Wiggins.
  • Options
    Sorry to say that my interest in this is that it hopefully counts as one of Wiggins' suspension matches. If,by some miracle, we win this then hopefully Huddersfield will count as another meaning that Rhoys misses just 1 league game.

Staying up is what matters this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Same team as the first game with Green, Harriott and Evina in for Cook, Pritch and Wiggins.

So 27% different then?
    You could say that, yes. Although if you wanted to be pedantic, it's closer to 27.33333...%. :-)
  • Options
    Good preview.

I might go to this if I can get away from work and I genuinely cant remember the last time I saw us win away.

1-0 Oxford (AET) and some proper wrist slitting on here from 10.30 onwards tomorrow.
  • Options

Good preview.

I might go to this if I can get away from work and I genuinely cant remember the last time I saw us win away.

1-0 Oxford (AET) and some proper wrist slitting on here from 10.30 onwards tomorrow.

Agree boring game ahead think ur right extra time but think it could go either way?
  • Options
    No interest at all however hoping for a win so this and the Hudds game count as 2 of Wiggo's 3 match ban
  • Options
    Nailed on win , not saying who for though.
  • Options
    Next season can we just form our own min-league with Oxford and Huddersfield and get sponsorship from a leading sleeping pill manufacturer ?

I am sure it wasn't all quite this boring before the Belgians took over.
  • Options
    More doom and gloom. I think we will lose. ):
  • Options
    Henry' s 11 works for me and should go through, so I'll agree with the happy chappy and go 0-4 , cu at udders.
  • Options
    Positive thinking. 1-0 down at half time, half time rollocking from Powell and we win 3-1. Ok started off not that positive but added a bit of realism :-)