Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Serie A

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2018
    I think at least one or two players were going to leave last season but sensed they had something special between them. They wanted to give it this year to try and achieve something that would cement their names in club history.

It feels to me like this was their one chance sort of thing. Gutted for the whole team cos they deserve something for their style of football alone
  • Options
    Going to Naples on Friday!! Should be a fantastic game!
  • Options

Going to Naples on Friday!! Should be a fantastic game!

Special city. The people, food, weather, beauty, passion. My favourite city in the world.
  • Options

Well it was brilliant. Finished 2-2. Lost their chance at the league following juve’s Friday night game. Fans were cracking. Amazing atmosphere. No idea how to post pics or vids but they were amazing. Considering the facilities are so much worse than at charlton. No programmes, no screen, a Tony scoreboard. We complain about cold water and no mirror in the ladies in the west. There was a hole inthe floor to squat over that didn’t flush and no paper or tap to wash hands after. We got in late due to the ID queue, sat in any old seat, that didn’t have a back or a number just tons of pigeon shit on every seat. People walk along the seats but no one minds. Everyone pleased to be there and support the team despite being so far away due to the running track etc. The players did a lap of thanks after the final whistle and joined in the songs. Not even their last home game!!
    Still in Italy now so can’t make Thursday. Will be cheering on from our apartment in Amalfi!

A Tony scoreboard? Was it made in New Eltham?
  • Options

Well it was brilliant. Finished 2-2. Lost their chance at the league following juve’s Friday night game. Fans were cracking. Amazing atmosphere. No idea how to post pics or vids but they were amazing. Considering the facilities are so much worse than at charlton. No programmes, no screen, a Tony scoreboard. We complain about cold water and no mirror in the ladies in the west. There was a hole inthe floor to squat over that didn’t flush and no paper or tap to wash hands after. We got in late due to the ID queue, sat in any old seat, that didn’t have a back or a number just tons of pigeon shit on every seat. People walk along the seats but no one minds. Everyone pleased to be there and support the team despite being so far away due to the running track etc. The players did a lap of thanks after the final whistle and joined in the songs. Not even their last home game!!
    Still in Italy now so can’t make Thursday. Will be cheering on from our apartment in Amalfi!

A Tony scoreboard? Was it made in New Eltham?
    Tiny! Feckin auto correct!
  • Options
    Pepe Reina has left Napoli and signed for AC Milan.

Seems odd to leave a top 2 side and drop down the table but i guess he's being paid very well.

Milan must already know that Donnarumma is leaving then as no way he will want to be number 2. My guess is he will go to PSG.
  • Options
    Incredible rise back for them and their captain Lucarelli who decided to stay with them even after they got demoted.

First ever Italian side to win 3 straight promotions.
  • Options
    now they had some dodgy owners. Parmalat's story is incredible when it comes to serious fraud. debts of billions and forged billions. after them a succession of crap owners left Parma bankrupt and being demoted to Serie D. but anyone who watched Italian football in the 90s would know its great to see Parma back competing in the top flight again.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    this weekend is the last round of matches. there's 5 teams involved in a relegation scrap at the bottom. other than that there isent alot of drama, i guess at the top its mainly about which Rome club finishes above the other in 3rd and 4th and if Atlanta can pip AC Milan to 6th place so they avoid a qualifying round for the Europa cup next season..
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Lazio v Inter

4th vs 5th
    Playing for the 4th Champions League spot
    Inter win and they pip Lazio to 4th, a point is enough for Lazio

Huge game financially for both teams
  • Options
    Lazio v Inter just kicked off.

Place in the Champions League on the line.
  • Options
    Lazio 2-1 up with 15 minutes to go

Inter get (and score) a penalty after a foul by De Vrij, who is signing for Inter in the summer. 2-2

1 minute later Lazio down to ten men

2 minute later 3-2 Inter Milan
  • Options
    What a season. Best Serie A season in a long long time and the first season I have watched closely since the 90s/early 2000s... absolutely brilliant ending with inter getting the UCL spot. Expecting to see big things from them next season. Excited for next season to kick off already with all top 4 in with a chance next season. Juve’s time at the top is coming to an end with the other teams getting a lot stronger once again. Also looking forward to seeing how Parma do. Wouldn’t it be great to see Buffon back there for one or two seasons as he’s still too good to retire.
  • Options
    Why on earth would you play a defender who's already agreed to sign for the team you're playing....................then he gives away a penalty.

Juve will still be the team to beat next season, they just got 95 points!
    Napoli had an incredible season, got 91 points and still couldn't win the title, and i can't see them doing any better next year.
  • Options
    Eleven Sports have won the rights for Serie A next season.

BT deal ended last season.

Eleven Sports have already won La Liga for next season too

They will be launching their own subscription app soon but are also in discussion with 'television networks' (so assume BT and Sky) to sell on the rights for their coverage.

Must say I watched more Serie A football last year than any other European league and almost as much as I watched Premier League.

I think BT had 3 games a weekend, going to miss it if they don't get it back.

I imagine with Ronaldo moving now too, Eleven Sports could sell their rights for a profit if they wanted to/are allowed to
  • Options
    I hope sky will still show La liga. Enjoyed watching Spanish football more than premier league
  • Options
    Eleven Sports have confirmed their price of £6 a month or £60 for the year (£50 if you sign up before end of August)

BUT... they say they will select the best games to show, with up to 10 live games every week

They have 5 leagues (Italy, Spain, Netherlands, China & Sweden)
    10 games isn't that many. BT (Italian league) and Sky (Spanish league) showed most of the games each weekend last season, by the time they select Barca, both Madrid clubs and Juve it doesn't leave many games to show some of the smaller/lower teams games.

Also, they are still in discussion with Sky and BT to get the leagues on the bigger platforms, so I'd suggest holding off signing up to any year pass until they decide what they are doing.
    Proper pissed off if you pay £60 for the year and they give it to BT which you already pay for.

Finally, you have to watch through the app, so are limited to tablet/phone.
    They hope to enable chromecast soon.
  • Options
    More subscriptions just to watch some bloody football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

More subscriptions just to watch some bloody football.

Exactly. Pushes more and more to streaming.

Have BT and will get eleven sports if not made available elsewhere.

But don’t have sky. Reading v Derby tonight. Streamed on my tv in perfect HD without a single stutter.

It’s so easy and needing multiple subscriptions doesn’t encourage anyone to stop streaming anytime soon.
  • Options
    Betting sites have usually shown Serie A in the past too, not ideal but it is free.

I've just seen that Eleven Sports have the PGA golf next week too, it looks like they mean business. I think I saw it's £6 a month which I'd pay to watch a game or two a week, as long as it isn't just the top clubs shown.
  • Options
    Parma 2-0 ahead on 60th minute on Serie A return, 10 minutes later its 2-2
  • Options
    AC Milan v Genoa
    And
    Sampdoria v Fiorentina

Both called of this weekend
  • Options
    Inter lose 1-0 to Sassuolo.
  • Options
    Good result for Roma away at Torino. Kluiverts son came on and changed the game.
  • Options
    Lazio 1-2 Napoli.

I was worried napoli would fall away this season after losing Sarri but that’s a massive result after being one down. Hopefully under Ancelotti they do well in the league as well as actually trying in the Champions League. Last year they didn’t even bother with European football they were completely focused on the league.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I'm off to Inter v Torino next Sunday. Can't wait
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

What a game that’ll be. Really think Belotti could be a huge player if he got a move to a bigger club in Serie A.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

cafc4life said:

What a game that’ll be. Really think Belotti could be a huge player if he got a move to a bigger club in Serie A.
    Surprised he's still there, thought he'd have got a big move this summer