Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christmas Day workers?

Anyone working on the big day?

I thankfully got it off, after booking it off a year in advance!

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    No but my school wanted to open on boxing day and new years day.

We had to agree to sing carols dressed as santa in a massive shopping mall on christmas eve in exchange.

Not happy.
  • Options

No but my school wanted to open on boxing day and new years day.

We had to agree to sing carols dressed as santa in a massive shopping mall on christmas eve in exchange.

Not happy.

Stu , you gotta post some pics!

• Options
    What's the deal these days for pub / restaurant staff ? Double ? Triple ?
  • Options
    First Christmas off in ten years! Whoopee!
  • Options
    Double time all bank holidays including Xmas day. On night's all over Xmas.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Double time all bank holidays including Xmas day. On night's all over Xmas.

What time are your shifts? Was that volunteered working?
  • Options
    Gonna be driving me Scaletrix all day, fingers crossed I been a good lad
  • Options

They work for the love of it ;-)
  • Options

Up until a few months ago I was working at a hotel in Greenwich I asked about Christmas their rules were
    work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and have New Years Eve and News Years day off or vice versa
    No extra pay
    Unfortunately I was a bit late(due to not staring until April) and probably would of had to work Christmas(If I was still working there)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wife got Xmas day and Boxing day off as well as New years day but don't think those who are working those days get extra. That's the NHS for you
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Double time all bank holidays Inc Xmas day. On night's all over Xmas.

What time are your shifts? Was that volunteered working?
    Volunteered!! No part of my set shifts.
  • Options
    Working Christmas and New Years Days.........well it is a muslim country.
  • Options
    I'm working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day……bah humbug!
  • Options
    D_F_T said:

I'm working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day……bah humbug!

It's not all bad.
    Means you get to miss the home defeat to BHAFC.
  • Options
    Working 24,25,26 and New years eve and New years day. At lease Xmas day will be finished about 4.30.
  • Options
    Charlton staff are working Boxing Day, Sunday 29th, January 1st and Saturday 4th.
  • Options

Charlton staff are working Boxing Day, Sunday 29th, January 1st and Saturday 4th.

The ones that are left anyway.
  • Options
    I've never worked Christmas Day but I had a horrible client once who insisted that something was delivered on Christmas Eve. Rather than go to the pub at lunchtime with everyone, I worked all afternoon and finished at around 7pm sending the papers in a brown envelope by courier. On the first working day of the New Year, I went to his office and there sitting on his shelf was the unopened brown envelope. I loathed the guy.
  • Options
    Same here have never worked on Christmas Day, Boxing Day or even New Years Eve. The wife worked on New Years Eve once (1999...."The Millenium Bug") but it was well worth her while and as nothing happened was probably the easiest money she has ever earn't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On call throughout the Christmas period, got the 29th off though.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

On call throughout the Christmas period, got the 29th off though.

Must be bloody awful that, not knowing if you have to go in or not.
  • Options

Hope, someone tells the team that!
  • Options
    I work all through get Christmas day and boxing day off, know loads of blokes who scored getting on the call out rota for Christmas day. It's not bad being on call as long as you take the mindset of assuming you will be called out. Just means no alcohol but you're being paid well for not drinking
  • Options
    I was lucky to get leave on both Xmas day and Boxing day, but the triple time call was far too strong, so I am now working Boxing day night shift for triple pay plus annual leave payment. I am also working New Years Eve and New Years Day.
  • Options
    Money always talks in the end don't it mate

:-)
  • Options

Double time Boxing Day?
  • Options
    cafckev said:

I was lucky to get leave on both Xmas day and Boxing day, but the triple time call was far too strong, so I am now working Boxing day night shift for triple pay plus annual leave payment. I am also working New Years Eve and New Years Day.

Fire brigade? That sounds like strike money....
  • Options
    Not kent fire brigade! They are offering 5x hourly rate plus a bonus