Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most famous sports person youv met ??

Anyone met anyone realy famous? I met harry redknapp once , I was in Dorset for a few days and was walking down near sand banks looking at all the huge houses , one of the houses big drive doors opened and a car pulled out and parked up litteraly right next to me . Out popped harry redknapp holding a bottle of engine oil! I shouted to my girlfriend who was abit down the road get the camera it's bloody harry redknapp! She obviously didn't have a clue who he was but managed to get a picture. He did generally seem like a nice bloke , it was just after Tottenham let him go and I said to him any luck with a new club? He replied not yet but I want to get back into football straight away. I was tempted to ask him if I could see his rich dog... ;)

Comments

• Options
    I met Michael Jordan
  • Options
    Sugar Ray Leonard
  • Options
    Thank fck bill Clinton aint a sportsman
  • Options
    Ive played a frame of snooker against Willie Thorne .
  • Options
    Peter Crouch @ Euston earlier this year...
    Rob Elliott was right behind me at an away match against Southampton a few years ago
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Shag said:

Thank fck bill Clinton aint a sportsman

Hahah!

Oh and I think I've mentioned the Michael Johnson incident once or twice... when he put his arm out and showed me the palm of his hand and bellowed "NO!" at me! I was only heading towards him to say hello... Rude w*nker.

Buckshee likes that story!
  • Options
    Mick McCarthy at a pub in Chislehurst a few years ago when he was just starting his managerial career at Wolves. Got talking about some of our players and who to look out for. We mentioned how good Chris Iwelumo was and that same season he went and bought him!
  • Options
    I met Ian Rush last night - unbo sort of a missus
  • Options
    Rafael van der vaart during the Olympics, Had my picture with him but wished it was with his Mrs instead, she is a stunner
  • Options
    I have a couple of autographs from Valentino Rossi but I didn't get a chance to speak to him.

Ernie Els is the biggest golf one I have, that was a lot more of a personal encounter. He was exactly as you hear, 'The Big Easy'. Phil Mickelson has BO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have taken John Hollins' order a few times in my dad's restaurant in Eltham, back in the old days when he was an Arsenal player.
  • Options
    Had a chat with Jack Charlton in the green room of They think it's all over. Nice bloke.
  • Options
    Also worked on the fish counter at Sainsburys when I was a youngster and sold Kenny Sansom a shed load of tiger prawns.
  • Options
    Me and arry
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I worked for the Cable company Videotron in the early 90's, and was involved with a lot of their social and charity events.
    At one I met Daley Thompson, who was down to earth and a nice bloke. While we were having a chat one of our snooty marketing managers interrupted and asked Daley if he had Cable TV, he said unfortunatley not. She replied he should consider getting it as "we now have a channel for black people," I've never felt so embarrassed. He was very cool and said, why the fuck would he want to watch that. She climbed out of her hole and disappeared.

We carried on chatting.

He really was a top bloke. !!!!
  • Options
    steve redgrave.
  • Options
    mo farah

the entire england rugby team just after they won the world cup

• Options
    Paul Ince or Eric Bristow (beat him in a leg of darts)
  • Options
    Scott Parker
  • Options
    Sam Bartram
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Geoff Hurst
  • Options
    Henry Cooper
    Phil Thompson
    Nearly ran over Kelly Holmes
    Kenny Sansom stopped at a pedestrian crossing for me
    Tony Fernandes (not a sportsman, of course)
    Neil Webb - hours before his career effectively ended
    Swedish centre forward with a typical Swedish name whose name escapes me
    Jimmy Giles just before he signed for Charlton (and just after he had hit me for two huge sixes - mind you, he was Worcestershire Seconds standard)
  • Options
    All of these are 10 times better than me meeting harry redknapp! Lol.
  • Options
    Geoff Hurst & Pawel Abbott.
  • Options
    Allan Simonsen, Mike Denness, Derek Underwood, Boris Becker.
  • Options
    Met Rufus in the car park once.

Also met the great Ray Reardon when I was a teenager he seemed genuinely surprised that I wanted his autograph.
  • Options
    The Duke of Edinburgh
  • Options
    Sir Jackie Stewart.
  • Options
    Freddie Flintoff
  • Options
    David Beckham/Sir Alex Ferguson in the Marriott Hotel in Bexleyheath.