Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rob Hulse Retires

Havent seen this posted anywhere but rob hulse just had a little 5 minute piece on sky sports news about how hes retired and moved into physio work

Comments

• Options
    good luck to him
  • Options
    shame as i think he still has something to offer.
  • Options
    "opted" to go into physio work then : - )

Good luck to him, good honest pro
  • Options
    Always liked Hulse. Made a good contribution to us when needed last season. All the best Rob
  • Options
    Would've taken him now to be fair. Good luck Rob.
  • Options
    good luck, really liked him last year and thought he really bought into the team work ethic.
  • Options
    I don't understand the fascination with Hulse. Everyone to their own but I didn't rate him when he was with us. Good luck to him!
  • Options
    Thought he led the line very well and wasn't afraid of hard graft. Thanks for your Charlton cameo Rob and good luck.
  • Options
    Might have done a job for us this season, might not. Who knows but the bottom line is we're skint so we wouldn't have been able to afford his wages in any case.
  • Options
    Thought he did a good job for us last year and also really pissed off the spanners so it's all good!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surprised he's retired, as he wasn't that old and didn't seem to be carrying a long term injury, though with his new career perhaps he diagnosed himself.

Simon Webster became a physio didn't he, I can't think of any other former Charlton players from the top of my head.
  • Options

Might have done a job for us this season, might not. Who knows but the bottom line is we're skint so we wouldn't have been able to afford his wages in any case.

How much do you think he's earning as a unexperienced physio?

• Options
    Good luck Rob.
  • Options
    Done à good job last season. was better than what i have seen from church and marvin. Made the ball stick and that is vital as we are finding out.
  • Options
    Wish Rob good luck in his new career.
  • Options
    DRF said:

How much do you think he's earning as a unexperienced physio?

Probably not much but as an experienced footballer he would expect to earn £5k(?) a week which is £5k per week we haven't got
  • Options
    Sounds like he has made a very sensible career decision, best of luck to an honest pro.
  • Options
    Liked him and would still take him now, perhaps we could take him on as player/physio !
  • Options
    Would take him over Sordell
  • Options
    Good luck rob
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Good luck Rob.

I liked him,he came in and did a decent job for us as a loan striker last season.He helped us preserve a midtable berth during a crucial part of the season.

Its a shame that he can't come back and help us again through the period of Yann's injury now but I suspect their might be deep lying injury problems and at 34 it would only be a temporary measure.
  • Options
    Gotta like anyone who talks about an exit strategy
  • Options

Gotta like anyone who talks about an exit strategy

Can't we start a new thread on Exit Strategy? :smile:

• Options

Great interview with Rob in today's paper talking about life after being a pro' and working in the NHS. Comes across as a top bloke and we should all probably remember that there are people like him involved in the game and they aren't all out nicking taxis!

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/rob-hulse-nhs-physio/

I missed the story - what player nicked someone's taxi?
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Great interview with Rob in today's paper talking about life after being a pro' and working in the NHS. Comes across as a top bloke and we should all probably remember that there are people like him involved in the game and they aren't all out nicking taxis!

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/rob-hulse-nhs-physio/

I missed the story - what player nicked someone's taxi?
    Look at the Taxi for Pardew thread.