Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield Town vs Charlton |Tues 17th Sept 2013| Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Introduction

The Football League resumed normal service last weekend and Chris Powell’s Addicks would have been pleased with the point gained at Vicarage Road last Saturday.

Charlton’s opponents on Tuesday are Huddersfield who beat the Addicks 3-2, three weeks ago in the Capital One Cup. However, it will be a different line-up for the Addicks this week that played that fixture, so Tuesday’s match will be an interesting spectacle.

The Opposition

Huddersfield have started this season promisingly, mainly thanks to their in-form striker James Vaughan who so far this season, has six goals in six games for the Terriers.

Vaughan joined the club permanently during the summer alongside a number of new recruits including striker Martin Paterson and midfielder Jonathan Hogg, who scored during the 3-2 victory over the Addicks three weeks ago.

In their last fixture, Huddersfield drew 0-0 with Doncaster and Mark Robins’ side would have been disappointed not to grab all three points which would have taken them inside the play-off spots.

Player to Watch

The player to watch this weekend is Huddersfield in-form striker James Vaughan. Vaughan is actually the youngest Premier League goalscorer, scoring a goal for Everton against Crystal Palace when he was 16 years and 271 days old. Vaughan has great pace and has superb composure showcasing why he is currently the Championship’s top goalscorer with six goals.

The Line –Up

Chris Powell’s switch of formation from a 4-4-2 to a 3-5-2 has been a blessing for the Addicks in recent matches and after picking up four points from a possible six in their last two fixtures, Powell would have been delighted with the way the formation is working out.

However, a concern for Powell is the fitness of star-striker Yann Kermorgant who went off injured against Watford last weekend. If Yann is injured, then either youngster Joe Pigott or on-loan striker Marvin Sordell will start.

Also the injury to Leon Cort before this weekend meant that summer-recruit Richard Wood got his first league start of the season and after doing a sterling job, Wood should continue in Cort’s absence.

Another recent injury victim has been Chris Solly who will be fighting for fitness ahead of Tuesday’s fixture. If Solly isn’t fit, then Lawrie Wilson will continue in his place after two solid performances whilst Solly has been out.

The centre midfield trio of Stephens, Jackson and Pritchard has been effective thus far meaning that the likes of Callum Harriott, Jordan Cousins and on-loan winger Cameron Stewart will continue on the bench for the Addicks.

The Prediction

1-0 away victory for the Addicks.

Comments

• Options
    Good review Stubley. At last the Terriers have a manager who can be trusted to spend the owner's money on good quality players and to get them motivated and playing well. Hudd will do quite well this year, but not tomorrow. We will come away with a point in a low scorer.
    Unchanged from Saturday, injuries permitting, a good close game .. I hope that the gales abate and we have a calmish evening. The winds can get very strong in them there Yorky hills.

Huddersfield Town 1 v CAFC 1
  • Options
    take a point but fear (as usual) a routine 2-0 loss in front of a hardy 333 travelling Addicks
  • Options
    No one should have to visit Huddersfield twice in such a short amount of time
  • Options
    Can we get tickets at the ground?!
  • Options
    Gimme a point now.

I wonder how much Pritch and Jacko will have in the tank given how hard both reportedly worked at Watford.
  • Options
    Young Attwell in charge
  • Options
    Will take a point but can see a similar result to the one in the league cup 3-2 Terriers
  • Options
    Can see us nicking this 1-2.
  • Options
    JT said:

No one should have to visit Huddersfield twice in such a short amount of time

Lol make you right there but we are bringing home 3 points this time!
  • Options
    1-1 id be more than happy with that, hopefully rest those that need it for the big one on saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Battling 1-1 draw, 227 loons in the away end.
  • Options
    1-2 to CP's Red & White Army
  • Options
    1 2 to charlton
  • Options
    No Yann, I suspect.

Sordell to come in.
  • Options
    1-1
  • Options
    cafcfred4 said:

Can we get tickets at the ground?!

About 4,000 of them !

No problem at all
  • Options
    1-2

Church
    Jackson

Vaughan
  • Options
    going for a 2-1 victory to the addicks..........match thread will start at 7.15 as I'm working till 6.30
  • Options
    Comfortable away win 4-0.
  • Options
    COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Score draw. Hoping for more but would take the point going into the Millwall game.
  • Options
    Did we beat huddersfield away the game before millwall at home last season?

• Options
    Too much optimism here: 2-0 defeat.
  • Options
    Not another game with this dull club. A close affair but I think Vaughan will provide one piece of class to separate the sides, 1-0 to the udders. Possibly a few dubious injuries picked up as well if I am being cynical...
  • Options

Yep sure did.

I reckon we will get a draw up there this time. 1-1.
  • Options
    Feel a narrow defeat and indifferent performance is on the cards just to put us even more on edge about Saturday added to by a battling Millwall draw against the Tangerines.
  • Options
    If Yann plays I think we'll win, otherwise I'll take a point.
  • Options

we did and coldest game been at in years.my boy was the away mascot and came off the pitch shaking.dull club they maybe but we were treated by staff really well and was fortunate to get some great pics in the changing room with cp and the players.
  • Options
    (Sorry,off topic)
    Matt, what did HTFC charge for the mascot experience compared to The Valley one ?
  • Options
    If Kermit plays I think we will win 2-1 if he doesnt play I think we will 2-1