Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Open 2013

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'd love to see Westwood or Jimenez win it but Tiger has to be favourite from here.
  • Options
    Got McDowell in the work sweepstake. Ha.
  • Options
    I'm up in East Lothian. Everyone's gone golf mental.
  • Options
    can lee hold his nerve cant think of a player id like to win more than him consistently the best striker of a ball for years but putts for poop

now he seems to have got old of his putting could this be it
  • Options
    Garcia 80-1 got to be a good e/w bet.... He's got better everyday and hit a 68 yesterday
  • Options
    I certainly gave him the kiss of death
  • Options
    Come on Lee, dont let the wheels fall off!!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Oh piss off Mickelson
  • Options
    He's gonna win this. Please..anyone other than Mickelson.
  • Options
    After missing out on a US Open for a 6th time it would be very him to nab this one. If he chokes it's going to be even more typical.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be -4/-5 for the round in such conditions is worthy of winning.

• Options
    I'm not over keen on Mickelson but a round of 66 today, when the rest are struggling for par, and in all likelihood the only man to finish under par after 4 rounds deserves the title.

Sometimes you just have to tip your hat and say well done you were the best player.
  • Options
    Best round of the week. Well done Lefty
  • Options
    Fred Boycott ‏@FredBoycott
    Sorry for earlier tweet saying Lee Westwood was a Yorkshireman. I've just checked his progress in the Open and it looks like he's from Notts
  • Options
    Mickelson's colleagues on Twitter seem pretty happy for him, Keegan Bradley said it's the best golf he's ever seen. Not too often you see players signing stuff straight after winning a championship either.

Easy to say now but I wish I'd been there. I'd love to have seen him win at St George's 2 years ago but in a way it was just as cool to see a Mickelson near miss in person, especially after that silly miss on 11 (I think it was). I think I'm going to have to make the effort for Hoylake next year, maybe stay in Liverpool centre and there should be a shuttle service.

Interesting that the two players who were most vocal in complaining about the course on Thursday are the ones who went low today.
  • Options
    Keegan Bradley's face is even more inviting to punch than Mickelson!
  • Options
    Nggghhhhhhhh
  • Options
    A superb last round from Mickelson, especially his putting. His experience and coolness under pressure got him home.
    Westwood as so often before, seemed to find the pressure of leading too much, is he 'doomed' to be a successor to the unwanted Montgomery crown ?.