Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC Player

edited July 2013 in General Charlton
Being a subscriber to player- I have no complaints about the service during the season. I was disapointed last season with the close season coverage- of course there is less to report but agin this season - where are the Welling highlights? - interviews with managers and players? They take my money but provide nothing for it in these Summer months. Ok, it doesn't break the bank, but next season, I'm cancelling at the end of the season and will rejoin when it starts agian out of principle.

Like I said - I don't expect loads of content, but as a compensation, I expect friendlies to be covered much more comprehensively!

Comments

• Options
    I will do the same also next summer. I haven't even bothered to check its content over the summer but I have still paid the subscription . Silly really .
  • Options
    I remember when we played Bristol City in Spain - the highlights were on their player but not ours!
  • Options
    I have not renewed this season. Just don't make enough use of it and not sure that they do offer a good service.
  • Options
    TellyTubby, the coverage of away games live is the reason I subscribe, getting to away games is hit and miss for me, especially as it is expensive. So there is a service, as for it being a 'good' service, well that is the debate. If our guys are there then it is generally good, but some of the commentators simply don't describe the action we can't see, so you think what's the point.
    If you give a person a mic funny things happen, and they very often overlook the fundamental reason as to why they're there, which is to tell us what is happening, as it's happening.
    I stick with the oppo coverage myself, because every time I give the Charlton player another chance it disappoints.
  • Options
    Sorry if this is old news, but you can use your log in on other clubs player to get their service too. Saw many away games this way that I was not able to get to in the flesh.

Especially enjoyed watching the Barnsley game as commentators were the same as their radio commentary! Still thought in with a chance when three down and fully expected an easy three points pre match, lol
  • Options
    I’m happy enough with the in season service- it is just I noticed they took out my monthly payment the other day and thought – in this close season – what have they actually provided for that payment! I thought, never mind- good coverage of friendlies will compensate –but Welling was a disappointment! Maybe it will improve in the next week or so, but I’d be embarrassed taking people’s money for what they have given since the season ended.
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me the difference between the "old Player commentary" and the "DVR" one ?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Love listening to Emma casually chatting away to peter whilst there's a f**king match going on in the background. Worth every penny of my subscription fee...................
  • Options
    The chicken curry was good.
  • Options

The chicken curry was good.

And according to Emma, It filled a hole..................ooh er, missus.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just signed up to this, I thought you got full-match highlights of home matches with it, or is that not the case?
  • Options

Just signed up to this, I thought you got full-match highlights of home matches with it, or is that not the case?

Yeah you do. You need to select "Match highlights" from the drop down menu though
  • Options

I did that but it seems the only highlights available are the 2-3 mins ones?

• Options

That's pretty much all you get I'm afraid. Sometimes they show extended highlights but it's not always the case. I subscribe mainly for the live match commentary (even though it's often rubbish).

• Options

That's pretty much all you get I'm afraid. Sometimes they show extended highlights but it's not always the case. I subscribe mainly for the live match commentary (even though it's often rubbish).

Yeah can't wait to hear this famous Emma for the first time! ;D
  • Options
    The Charlton Player is a bit crap. Not very good commentary or commentary from 94.9. I signed up for a while but got tired because it broke down frequently and the quality was poor. The highlights seemed to be no better you could find on the BBC so didn't need to renew.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    This week has not been good.
    It started well with excellent commentating from Middlesboro, but then the Oxford commentators, plus Parry and Allen when I dipped in hardly described any play.
    No highlights of the game up, glimpses only available as gifs. Then we have the Meet the Board, postponed so often you think the responses have been finger painted on the mud of the Valley surface, and no pressday/conference from Chris Powell ahead of the Huddersfield game. The 'next match' is apparently Doncaster away.
    I assume all of this (bar the crap commentary) is down to technology defeating an eager band of brothers and sisters desperate to restore the service and it's credibility.
  • Options
    The next match may be an FLI database error failing to recognise the Huddersfield game because of the replay. I doubt if it's updated by the club.
  • Options
    Have given up through frustration and poor quality commentary. Haven't missed it one bit.
  • Options
    Just logged on to watch the goals again from last night and find that the highlights only show up to the wendy equaliser and to top it off, it has the score as 1-1. WTF????
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just logged on to watch the goals again from last night and find that the highlights only show up to the wendy equaliser and to top it off, it has the score as 1-1. WTF????

Maybe they didn't work through the night on it and therefore hadn't finished it at 9.am this morning? It's this disgusting lack of loyalty which really makes me sick.
  • Options

Big critic of Player in the past but really enjoyed the commentary tonight. Well done Pete F and Keith.
  • Options
    I've been signed up to player for about 4 years now and I must admit, the content is probably the best it's been in all that time.

However, I'm seriously considering dropping my subscription, as about 95% of the content is available for free on the youtube page and other various outlets. Also, it's easier to get commentary online these days for away games (and there's also the odd stream).

Just feels like I'm throwing money away for the sake of it..............
  • Options
    is there a #CAFC# commentary on cafc player tonight? I can only get a Derby commentary
  • Options
    There is now
  • Options
    Yes there is
  • Options
    cheers, just in time :(
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Really enjoying the commentary this season, but surely from our subscriptions the commentators should be given a decent microphone. The PF laugh deserves all the audio quality it can get, the tin on a string just doesn't do it justice.