Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ken Dodd,Lester Piggott,Lionel Messi............

Comments

• Options
    How much money do the rich actually need? They make me sick, especially when there are so many struggling, whilst paying every penny due.
  • Options
    Outrageous if he's guilty. Whats the point? He must be able to walk in any restaurant/shop in Barcelona and they probably give him stuff for free anyway!
  • Options
    Should have spoken to man in Sandbanks about a dog...
  • Options
    iainment said:

How much money do the rich actually need? They make me sick, especially when there are so many struggling, whilst paying every penny due.

Whilst ignorance is no defence, I don't imagine many celebs / sports people set out to defraud like this. They pay good / expensive accountants who have it in-built in their brains to try and avoid as much tax as possible.

I could be wrong but I just don't think this is about Messi's persuit of as much money for himself as possible.

• Options
    DRF said:

iainment said:

Whilst ignorance is no defence, I don't imagine many celebs / sports people set out to defraud like this. They pay good / expensive accountants who have it in-built in their brains to try and avoid as much tax as possible.

I could be wrong but I just don't think this is about Messi's persuit of as much money for himself as possible.

If you're wrong then he will give back more than what's owed to make up for his error. Yeah right.
    Give anyone too much of anything and they don't believe that the rules or laws apply to them anymore.
  • Options
    DRF said:

iainment said:

Surely when you are earning 300k a week (Thats without sponsorship/guest appearances/endorsments) its better to just pay it and avoid potential aggro like this?!
  • Options
    Spain is one of those countries where paying tax if you're rich and famous is usually voluntary .... things must be getting desperate if the authorities are chasing a national/catalan hero even if he is an argie
  • Options
    So more corrupt than the uk and ireland then.
  • Options

DRF said:

iainment said:

Surely when you are earning 300k a week (Thats without sponsorship/guest appearances/endorsments) its better to just pay it and avoid potential aggro like this?!
    But you are suggesting he made a conscious decision where as I am saying he probably didn't, someon else did for him. And that someone wont be going to jail for him...
  • Options
    He made a conscious decision about who to employ as his agent/accountant etc, the buck should stop with him. Although the parasites who attach to the rich are just pondscum imho.

Have a nice day y'all.

Pip pip.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DRF said:

iainment said:

Employing someone to sort your tax returns out for you doesn't discharge your responsibility. Not completing your returns yourself is your decision and if you chose badly then you have to face the consequences.
  • Options

Ken Dodd an elite sports star?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

DRF said:

iainment said:

Employing someone to sort your tax returns out for you doesn't discharge your responsibility. Not completing your returns yourself is your decision and if you chose badly then you have to face the consequences.
    I totally accept that, hence the opening statement. And he will face the consequences, I am simply stating that I don't agree with the accusations that he did it because he does not consider himself rich enough and there wants to dodge tax.
  • Options
    "If convicted, Messi could face up to six years in prison and a large fine, according to Spain's EFE news agency"

Yes, because i'm sure the star player for the countries best club will be sent down for 6 years!!
  • Options

"If convicted, Messi could face up to six years in prison and a large fine, according to Spain's EFE news agency"

Yes, because i'm sure the star player for the countries best club will be sent down for 6 years!!

he will if its a Madrid tax court :-)
  • Options
    Like sports star Ken Dodd got off because he was tried in Liverpool, ditto man with dog in London.