Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Card Trick Ever???

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PDG1mDCfoBo

Just come across this on Facebook

Comments

• Options
    The 52 card pickup has aways worked on my kids...
  • Options

The 52 card pickup has aways worked on my kids...

Ha ha - that's my all time favourite. Still get em with it now.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thing is if I did that with my son he would walk away and leave me to pick them all up!
  • Options
    To be fair, that's a great trick!
  • Options
    Amazing
  • Options
    Great trick
  • Options
    Hate the word but: awesome
  • Options
    What a fantastic trick.
  • Options
    It's staggeringly easy to do, it's just really, really hard to do well. And it also takes a lot of time to come up with a story that works. I've done things like it for children who are impressed but are a little too young to be really amazed. Adults (and teenagers), on the other hand, tend to be obsessed with working out how a trick is done and seem determined to tell you, and anyone else that will listen that they've worked it out.

We all know there is no such thing as magic. Everyone in the room knows that the cards have been fixed and there are a load of slights of hand going on. It is not news to point out that it's, actually, a trick opposed to hocus pocus, but it doesn't stop the world's smart arses from spoiling it.

On reflection I'm not sure this post doesn't make me look like a smart arse so maybe I should be careful what I say in future! ;-)
  • Options
    I can't view the video but Kings Hill addick is right in saying the magic is in how well the trick is performed. I've invented many tricks but never been able to do them myself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013

It's staggeringly easy to do, it's just really, really hard to do well. And it also takes a lot of time to come up with a story that works. I've done things like it for children who are impressed but are a little too young to be really amazed. Adults (and teenagers), on the other hand, tend to be obsessed with working out how a trick is done and seem determined to tell you, and anyone else that will listen that they've worked it out.

We all know there is no such thing as magic. Everyone in the room knows that the cards have been fixed and there are a load of slights of hand going on. It is not news to point out that it's, actually, a trick opposed to hocus pocus, but it doesn't stop the world's smart arses from spoiling it.

On reflection I'm not sure this post doesn't make me look like a smart arse so maybe I should be careful what I say in future! ;-)

I'm sorry but you are just so wrong.

I've seen Penn and Teller live and although they insist (also saw their chat show when Teller speaks) that there is no such thing as magic, but if you see those guys live then you know that magic does exist and is alive and well.

I love magic. I've not invented any tricks though.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Riviera said:

I've seen Penn and Teller live and although they insist (also saw their chat show when Teller speaks) that there is no such thing as magic, but if you see those guys live then you know that magic does exist and is alive and well.

Do you believe in faries, the Easter bunny and Santa Clause too?

;-)
  • Options
    Riviera said:

LOL! This is almost as good as the absolute gold on that ghost thread a while back.
  • Options
    I sense a hint of sarcasm
  • Options
    Great trick, would love to be able to do magic, a fantastic art
  • Options
    edited June 2013

I sense a hint of sarcasm

No, not at all. Go see those guys and then come on here and say you don't believe in magic. Just ask the Lovin Spoonful.
  • Options
    I am going to say it is not staggeringly easy though
  • Options
    Sorry Ooohahh. What's your point?
  • Options

You wouldn't say that if you were a lateral thinker...it would just annoy you.

40 seconds in is the first clue...a pair of scissors is the other.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

You wouldn't say that if you were a lateral thinker...it would just annoy you.

40 seconds in is the first clue...a pair of scissors is the other.

• Options
    This trick is pretty easy, provided you can fake cut & shuffle. However, the beauty of card tricks is in watching the artist for his moves - and Galea is ridiculously smooth. You can see his fake cuts, but his fake riffle is schmoove as ice.

And Penn & Teller are the greatest entertainers I have ever seen.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Double post
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Sorry Ooohahh. What's your point?

I can't view the video

nor could i from the original link

• Options
    edited June 2013

Riviera said:

Do you believe in faries, the Easter bunny and Santa Clause too?

;-)
    To be fair on the guy, believing in magic is pretty harmless and gives many joy. If every terrorist believed in magic instead of their God the world would be a much nicer place.