Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kate Bush - CBE

Ms Bush has been awarded the CBE.
I was lucky enough to meet her at the Tramshed in the 80's, I just stared, muttered something incomprehensible and possibly dribbled!

I'll keep the memory.

http://www.nme.com/news/kate-bush/69666

Comments

• Options
    You probably inspired her next song...
  • Options
    Shrew said:

You probably inspired her next song...

Very good Shrew. :-)

• Options
    Love Kate's music
    But find her loathing of performing rather strange
    Her last couple of albums have been disappointing and rather self indulgent
    I can understand her not wanting to be part of the pop scene but there are ways of communicating with fans
    Her music is very personal but it all seems such a waste of talent
    Perhaps she helps others but I somehow doubt it
    For someone who was supported by quite a few people it seems a bit odd
    Why accept the honour Kate
  • Options
    Her dad was my nans doctor way back, cant wait to read Goonerhaters memories of Kate :-)
  • Options
    First time a bush has been honoured? :-)
  • Options
    Knew her partner Del Palmer and met her when she was about 17 or so a right tasty bird in those days but she does appear to be a bit of a fruitcake. That said I think she has always be an interesting and innovative artist so happy for her.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    just call me Heathcliffe !!

Group of girls from Welling use to knock about with us around 1974/5 at CAFC --parties etc. they were defo "game on types" she was always with that group---dressed differant to the others and was well thin ,dont remember her at that time being a stunner she must have been 15--17 was much better looking a few years latter when she became famous.
  • Options

Group of girls from Welling use to knock about with us around 1974/5 at CAFC --parties etc. they were defo "game on types" she was always with that group---dressed differant to the others and was well thin ,dont remember her at that time being a stunner she must have been 15--17 was much better looking a few years latter when she became famous.

She's not well thin now.
  • Options
    She used to live on the Fanny.
  • Options
    BB did notice that mate.

I know she didnt go to Elsa Rd school but some ofthe girls she knocked about with did.They had our names on their jeans ----------and no clever bollox it wasnt Lee or Levi or left / right
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is that a place or did she drink from the furry cup? :-)
  • Options
    Why? .. she hasn't done a lot since about 1978. A case of who you know and 'lunch' with perhaps
  • Options
    She certainly hasnt been running up any hills recently.
  • Options
    Her dad was my Doctor . He had a surgery at Barth Rd in Plumstead.
  • Options
    Are you DA9s nan?
  • Options

Are you DA9s nan?

If he wants me to be ;-)
  • Options

Are you DA9s nan?

If he wants me to be ;-)
    Ooh kinky (but then again she has been dead nearly 20 years) :-)
  • Options

Is that a place or did she drink from the furry cup? :-)
    Fanny on the Hill, Welling.

• Options
    love kate bush and really pissed off she doesn't tour.
  • Options
    I've seen a few people lose it in the studio, but she set a new standard (Greenwich Video) Always agreed on the mouth thing though :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2013

Are you saying the wonderful Kate Bush is an Addick GH??

• Options

love kate bush and really pissed off she doesn't tour.

Or why she did not play at Live aid.......?
    Or was a starving nation not a good enough reason for kate?
    As I said earlier, great writer, and very original, okay a little wacky......
    Still the girl has filled out a bit lately......

• Options
    Absolute wank fantastica for a teenager growing up then. Used to walk past her place (was it in Court Rd?) in Eltham in the day with a hard on you could bend iron bars over.

Saw the investiture photo yesterday and even though she could now be outrun by Jabba the Hut I just had to YouTube Heathcliffe and clear the pipes...
  • Options
    Didnt really follow us as far as i remember but the group went with us a couple of times to games.
  • Options
    Still, it's fantastic that the great lady has visited our legendary home a couple of times, one would like to think that having done that she would have a soft spot for our fine club! As far as musical talent goes she is up there with the best this country has produced imo.
  • Options
    Blimey. So she's put on some timber in the 30 odd years between those two pictures being taken. Haven't we all?

Would love to see "before" and "after" pictures of some on this thread.
  • Options
    She made a cup of tea once or twice.....
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Blimey. So she's put on some timber in the 30 odd years between those two pictures being taken. Haven't we all?

I've always looked shit!

• Options
    Off_it said:

Rodders Curbs era... image

Rodders before fulham in the cup... image

• Options
    Rodders then

Rodders now