Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Osman Sow

So this Swedish trialist anyone know anything about him. Trying to do some homework on him and so far I found this (2nd goal was by him) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQs_P_YJP_k

Comments

• Options
    Ahh Alan Pardew's chief scout!
  • Options
    Full name Osman Sow
    Date of birth 22 April 1990 (age 22)
    Place of birth Stockholm, Sweden
    Height 1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)
    Playing position Striker
    2010-2011 FC Väsby United 25 apps (12 goals)
    2011- FC Dacia Chişinău 15 apps (2 goals)

Would rarther have Micheal Smith tbh
  • Options

Full name Osman Sow
    Date of birth 22 April 1990 (age 22)
    Place of birth Stockholm, Sweden
    Height 1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)
    Playing position Striker
    2010-2011 FC Väsby United 25 apps (12 goals)
    2011- FC Dacia Chişinău 15 apps (2 goals)

Would rarther have Micheal Smith tbh

THIS
    Smudga Smith everytime
  • Options
    Nothing against Smith but how can you say you'd prefer him to someone I and I would guess you had never heard of this morning.

It doesn't have to be either/or. Maybe both are good players worthy of a chance.
  • Options
    i have seen smith on a few occasions. Imo he has a future with us. I saw him play for Newport County twice and he looked decent. This guy hasn't got a great pace. not much technical ability. However he can find the net with his feet. I have a friend who lives in Sweden he said this guy would be a decent signing for a league 2 side. but would certainly struggle to adapt to English 2nd division standard of football, especially the tempo
  • Options
    Although he was born in Sweden I think he is Senegalese.
  • Options
    I'd bomb him out simply on the basis of that tache.
  • Options

Starin got it spot on.
  • Options
    His playing in the Macedonian premier league and has only scored twice in fifteen appearances however his assist ratio is much better. Something like 7 assists in 15 games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doesn't look that great, but you never know. If we trialed 20 people a season and one managed to be a decent first-teamer i'd call that a success.
  • Options
    Would rather have Smith? The one that didn't have a great record in the BSP for Darlington?

Why does it have to be one or the other? Like Smith his record might not be great but the scouts/coaches might see potential in him. Full time training and playing with better players might make a big difference.

Most trialists don't end up signing but sometimes they do impress enough to win a contract and go on to surprise people. Look at Pritchard.
  • Options
    I'd pick Osman over Smith every time, if I was making a film about Mexican bandits.
  • Options
    I think we are looking at fringe strikers as these are easiest to sell on if they turn their promise to league goals. Smith I believe has 5 league goals in 10 games, not all full 90. Not bad.
  • Options
    He is precisely 10 years younger than me... So play him for that reason alone
  • Options
    Whether we'd be interested in him might depend on what division we're in next season...
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Nothing against Smith but how can you say you'd prefer him to someone I and I would guess you had never heard of this morning.

It doesn't have to be either/or. Maybe both are good players worthy of a chance.

Taking your comment on board, in fairness I didn't mean it to be a comparison of either Smith or Osman, I am merely a supporter of Smith based on the games I have watched him play this season and - in my opinion- I think he deserves a chance in 1st team in v near future... in fact that goes for several of the development squad!

Re Osman, nothing against this lad either and wish him well either with us or another club...I did watch the lad play yesterday in the development game against Brentford he had probably 60-70 mins on the pitch and in my opinion a decent player but I felt he was struggled with the strength of the Brentford back line- nothing special, lacked a bit of pace and his control / distribution at this level of game could have been better....league 1 might suit better.

Re Michael Smith, I have watched Smith over the season and has - in my opinion- improved his game massively since last season under the coaching of Jonesy and his loan spell at Newport and is now making his mark again with Colchester where he is on loan at the moment, Smith is certainly worthy of consideration at 1st team level in near future...in my opinion :)

I always want to see a player do well, on what I observed yesterday, I just didn't think Osman was better than we already have in Joe Piggott, Ade Azeez, Tobi Sho Silva and Tom Derry
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    He looks huge, no problems passing the CL height test.
  • Options

6ft 4

What's the weather like up there? Brent classic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I found some more info about him,
    video from two europa league qualifications games he played.
    Dacia - Celje
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMZ37ecg3RM
    Dacia - Elfsborg
    I found some actions min 20:00 and 22:00
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUOQgU5fQn0
  • Options

I'd bomb him out simply on the basis of that tache.

He bought it 2nd hand off Jerome Thomas.
  • Options
    Wow what a goal in that first clip, looks to have quick feet. Top work
  • Options
    I like him already. Sign him up.
  • Options
    Nah, lets do an Obika on him.
  • Options
    Surely it would be a better fit if he went to the Massives.
  • Options
    he will likely end up signing for someone like Leyton Orient ... score 29 goals for them next season and fire them to promotion
  • Options
    Watching some Swedish game, and he pops up and has just scored
  • Options
    On trial at Palace
  • Options

On trial at Palace

Sow what?

See what I did there...