Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Starbucks or Cafe Nero?

2»

Comments

• Options
    no its not what i call value for money. but sometimes i just crave it and really enjoy it when i have it.
  • Options
    Blimey!!!
    Its not something i drink every day. Its only $3 here so about 1pound 40. Which isn't to expensive. I do prefer Tea over coffee any day and Yorkshire Tea is my Fav nice and strong. Im just saying i prefer starbucks over Nero. The last time i went into Nero's on Southampton row about 5 years ago, they had a smoking area and as i fucking hate smoking it put me off.
  • Options
    If anyone truly bothered to look at how piss-poorly Starbucks treats its workforce, not to mention the negative impact they have on local independent coffee houses and their less than stellar treatment of employees wishing to join Trade Unions then I'm sure they would vote with their feet and go to one of the other, smaller chains.

Irrespective of that, they're all fucking overpriced poncy yank bollocks. I thought we would have got over the stupid poxy craze as soon as 'Friends' went off the air, but no, like mugs, the great British public continues to lap up any old shite that the Yanks serve up - and pay twice as fucking much for it too.

At least we don't seem to be as bad as Australia - Melbourne appears to have three coffee shops on every block - no exaggeration.
  • Options
    'do you think that £3 for a coffee is reasonable ?'

no, but neither is £3 for a pint of lager which you could buy in the supermarket next door for about 40p, but we still do it :-(
  • Options
    their cluster policy and cannibalisation,no starbucks for me.plus me popping down there getting coffees/latttes/moccachinos for the office nearly breaking me. aren't they in dispute with oxfam about ethiopia trying to brand their own coffee to get more money to the very needy?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]At least we don't seem to be as bad as Australia - Melbourne appears to have three coffee shops on every block - no exaggeration.

Actually here in Edmonton we have three starbucks in a half a mile radius, 2 second cups.
  • Options
    Edmonton?

You an Oilers fan?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]If anyone truly bothered to look at how piss-poorly Starbucks treats its workforce, not to mention the negative impact they have on local independent coffee houses and their less than stellar treatment of employees wishing to join Trade Unions then I'm sure they would vote with their feet and go to one of the other, smaller chains.

Irrespective of that, they're all overpriced poncy yank bol. I thought we would have got over the stupid poxy craze as soon as 'Friends' went off the air, but no, like mugs, the great British public continues to lap up any old shite that the Yanks serve up - and pay twice as much for it too.

Beautifully sums up a post i tried to make the other evening on this subject but couldn't get it right.

Try the Piccadilly Cafe, 2 mins walk from Piccadilly Circus tube- behind Les Mis and Chicago. Best tasting coffee for miles!

50p with food, or 80p on it's own, sit there and watch some great London Charecters, and not get hastled if a coffee lasts more than 10 mins.

No brainer really.
  • Options
    Piccadily cafe 50p with food, or 80p on it's own? Why, yet another example of being RIPPED OFF. I Bet the foods crap as well. Point being why charge more if you don't eat the food or not, it's still a sale.
  • Options
    Yep, i am with rothko, yorkshire tea for me and mrs mcs, its the best tea for sure, i love it. nice cup of splosh not any of this namby pamby coffee republic my arze!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Point being why charge more if you don't eat the food or not, it's still a sale.

Should there be a ;-) at the end of this?

If not, then, beause it's a seat taken, the waiter still has to be paid together with the rent, rates etc

Think of it as a discount if you have some food!

Still far better value than any of the coffee chains