Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Should he stay or should he go?

Saw this on Addicted.net

Radostin Kishishev has revealed that his Charlton career could be over at the end of the season.
The Bulgarian was ever present under Curb's but Dowie has not made it clear whether the midfielder is in his long-term plans. Kish's contract expires in the summer and he is yet to learn whether Dowie wants him to stay or go.

He has revealed: "My contract expires at the end of this season and the club still have not talked to my agent yet - nothing has changed in that regard. I don't know what is going to happen.

"For every player, it's difficult when they only have one year left on their contract, particularly for me because I'm 32-years-old.

"I'd be happy to stay if they needed me though as I've been here for seven years now. However, every manager has a different view in certain situations and sometimes he needs different types of players. If I'm not one of those players, I have to go."

Kish has also said that the decision is entirely up to Dowie. The midfielder has made his mind up and is keen to stay, however Dowie is yet to make his mind up to whether a new deal is worthy or not.

Dowie said: "Kish is very versatile, he's one of the best professionals you would ever want to work with, he's an honest lad and I've got a lot of time for him.

"He is a lad I can see around the place. He's good around the place; he's a great pro, he's infectious and funny with a sharp sense of humour."

So, in the words of the Clash, should he stay or should he go?

Comments

• Options
    Stay
  • Options
    Go.

Done his bit, put in his service, time to move on.
  • Options
    Time to leave I'm afraid Kish. As much as I love the bloke, we're starting to get in a bit more quality & dont think its worth paying his wages for an extension when he's unlikely to see much first team action.
  • Options
    Stay.

He can cover a lot of positions and does not throw his toys out of the pram when not selected.

I agree he may not be an automatic choice if the likes of Pouso prove as good as their hype in due course but the present injury crisis surely illustrates the value of committed, reliable reserves who won't let us down if called upon.

Also I bet Kish is cheap wagewise relative to most.
  • Options
    Stay?

How did I know you'd say that Len ;)
  • Options
    Squad players who don't create when selected are rare it seems.

Kish at 32 could and would do that for 2 or 3 years and Fortune is another with an excellent attitude.

I am trying to be objective:-)
  • Options
    Not a Kish hater in the slightest & if the same question was asked last year I'd say stay. However with the squad improvements & hopefully a step forward as a club I think its time for him to move on. I'd rather he went out on a high for the service he has given the club than just sat on the bench for a whole season, would be a sad way to end your career.
    Should sell him for a small fee to a championship club I reckon.
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Stay. He's a hard worker.

The story was lifted from the Bexley Times, btw.
  • Options
    Should be offered a one year contract as a squad play who fills in when required - he always works hard and the other players know his limitations.
  • Options
    instead of a utility player, i'd have him as a utility worker. I reckon Kish would be well up for opening the gates, washing the kit, making the sandwiches etc.