Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jamie Carragher

Comments

• Options
    Even if the dad is a nob and could well be a shitty influence on his daughter.

She is only 14 and still innocent. I fear theramifications for her personally as her school friends probably know about it and teenage bullies love this kind of crap. Hopefully when she's older she just laughs about it.
  • Options
    I understand someone reacting if they're being provoked but if the reaction is to spit then that seems very extreme. There is something strange going on inside the head of Jamie Carragher.

In most jobs if you did what he's done you'd be sacked - why should he get special treatment because he's a pundit? Celebrities have to be held to account like the rest of us.

Does anyone on here think spitting at someone is acceptable?
  • Options
    On the balance of the video evidence I don’t think there’s much doubt that he should get sacked - but people baying for blood and contacting sky to get involved is way over the top.

I’d also say that I’m pretty sure that there are (or at least were) other videos on that blokes phone regarding the incident that have not been made public.
  • Options
    I think he should line up another job soon as possible, assuming he needs another football orientated job, then resign from sky.

He's going to get reminded about it everyday if he doesn't leave etc
  • Options
    He has spoken out against spitting, and yet the behaviour came so naturally to him when provoked. It is what HE is.

Sky should sack him as they have a responsibility to set standards.

Even if they chose to ignore those responsibilities, they should dismiss him for purely commercial reasons. It will never go away. There are plenty of other ex players out there that are more in touch with the game. Carrick springs to mind.

He is no great loss. As an Australian may say “good bye gobber”.
  • Options
    The person filming has made sure that the only part of the 'conversation' made public (to my knowledge), was the 2-1 comment.

Although I cannot condone JC's behaviour, we don't know what went on before. It isn't acceptable behaviour to provoke someone whilst driving, so you have to seriously question what the father was doing.
  • Options
    He will join a long list of former footballers sacked for one reason or another:

Peter Beagrie
    Andy Gray
    Robbie Earle
    Rodney Marsh
    Trevor Sinclair
    Ron Atkinson
    Colin Murray

• Options
    I'm not up to date with all these technological gizmos but could Carragher have been filmed by a dashboard camera rather than a phone meaning that the driver wouldn't have been at fault
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I'm not up to date with all these technological gizmos but could Carragher have been filmed by a dashboard camera rather than a phone meaning that the driver wouldn't have been at fault

No mate, was definitely on a phone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For all the wrongs that Joey Barton committed I just don't see him as someone who would spit at a car with a 14 year old kid in view. But he would have been sacked before he'd even wound down his window just for being Joey Barton.
  • Options

For all the wrongs that Joey Barton committed I just don't see him as someone who would spit at a car with a 14 year old kid in view. But he would have been sacked before he'd even wound down his window just for being Joey Barton.

Didn't he stub a cigar out in a bloke's eye in front of his son?
  • Options
    No excuses here whatever was said this was disgraceful behaviour. Always thought he was a complete arsehole and this underlines that opinion.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Fair comment but he was not averse to stubbng out a cigar in a youth player's eye though. :wink:
  • Options

The person filming has made sure that the only part of the 'conversation' made public (to my knowledge), was the 2-1 comment.

Although I cannot condone JC's behaviour, we don't know what went on before. It isn't acceptable behaviour to provoke someone whilst driving, so you have to seriously question what the father was doing.

If anything went on before it would mean Carragher made the decision to reopen his window to interact. The father is an idiot for using his phone whilst driving, especially with his family in the car, but I have zero sympathy for Carragher.
  • Options

Didn't he stub a cigar out in a bloke's eye in front of his son?
    Exactly.

Barton needs to shut the f*ck up regarding this

Such a hypocrite and no angel.

• Options

The filming starts by the fathers recognition of JC so I am not convinced that anything happened before that. If you go back to JC’s first comments he says “I lost my head. I shouldn’t have done it but I was thinking what is a grown man doing, carrying on like that two or three times with his daughter in the car”.

This statement backs up exactly what we hear on the recording.

His first statement also acknowledges he knew the daughter was there. His story changes about this in later comments.

Windows were both shut so it would have been easy for JC to turn up the radios or turn off the road. But it is he that opens his window to gob at them.

At this moment in time it appears to me the father spots him in slow moving traffic, is a bit star struck and says the first thing that comes into his head. This is about JC and his appalling behaviour. There is no mitigating circumstances to be taken into consideration.
  • Options
    Carragher was sent off just twice in 508 League games for Liverpool - for someone with that record to react the way he did at the least bit of provocation is rather strange.
  • Options
    Whenever you see videos of people losing it like this one, you only get a couple of seconds before they go.....I suspect that there was a little more to it than the 2-1 wind up......that said, spitting at someone is the lowest of the low and as mentioned above is common assault..
    Also has anyone mentioned that the driver should get fined and points for using the phone while driving?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

No mate, was definitely on a phone.
    Not to mention a Dash Cam will record footage and then write over itself provided there are no incidents.

The only way to save footage (So far as I'm aware) is when the Dash cam feels the impact of an accident happening?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The dad obviously isn't proper united, otherwise he'd know that carragher is a United legend after being one of their top scorers in the fixture around the turn of the millennium.
  • Options
    I still think we have only seen what the father wants us to see. He wouldn't have released the video if it had shown him in a bad light. That said, JC should not have done what he did.

• Options

I still think we have only seen what the father wants us to see. He wouldn't have released the video if it had shown him in a bad light. That said, JC should not have done what he did.

The video confirms exactly what JC said happened though. Read my quote above or go back to the article.

I think everyone thinks there must be more as it is such an overreaction. But the evidence suggests otherwise.
  • Options
    I still think more happened that no-one but the occupants of the two cars knows about.

JC wouldn't want to make things worse by telling us what happened prior to this and it woudn't be in the interest of the father to show anything that would show himself in a worse light.

Both parties behaved badly.
  • Options
    What does it matter if more did happen? Spitting is disgusting and there is never an excuse for it, so it's completely irrelevant what happened prior to the camera being switched on. If Carrragher had given him the finger or told him where to go, that's one thing, but spitting through a window of another car when there is a kid in the front seat is completely different. It's horrible.
  • Options
    It does matter that more may have happened. This is a father who has no regard for his daughter's safety by having a conversation whilst driving and filming it as well. His daughter can be heard asking her father to stop it.

Again I say that both parties acted very badly.
  • Options
    Is spitting worse than endangering your own child's life by driving whilst using a mobile?
  • Options
    No seat belt!
  • Options

You're so far off the mark there AA. There is nothing Barton wouldn't do, as people have pointed out regarding cigargate.