Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This weekend I was mainly listening to....

Introducing Joss Stone - Good but a lot more modern than the previous two. Still got a great voice.

My Name is Buddy - Ry Cooder. Fantastic and eclectic blues, tex-mex, country, folk collection

Tupelo Honey - Van Morrison. Brilliant celtic soul from the 70s. Still stands up today.

How good was it to have no results to worry about this weekend. Shame about Celtic but still only two games to get the flag.

Comments

• Options
    I spent much of saturday testing cables to the sounds of Otis Redding Live at the Whisky a go go. Twas very good.
  • Options
    Tom Waites:

The heart of Saturday night .
  • Options
    My wife telling me that she was glad there was no football and It's nice to have me at home on saturday to finish off the odd jobs......

Cheers
  • Options
    I stile a 36 Crazyfists album from my friend, they was on repeat al this weekend.

I hardly left my house at all, being ill really does suck.
  • Options
    Son Volt - The Search

My album of the year so far, tho' i have just downloaded the new Wilco album & will listen to it onn the plane to Vancouver tomorrow :-)

ps - am going to see The Beat tonite down at my local - i know nothing about them other than they were a ska band in the early 80's - any fans on here?
  • Options
    The Smiths this weekend.
  • Options
    The Beat were a fantastic band. Saw them live a few times. A lot heavier sound than the other ska bands with more dub/roots influence but good upbeat dance tunes. Toss up to say if I prefer them to the Specials.

There's a good compilation BPM beats per minute with most of their good stuff/hits plus dub versions of same.

PS there was a US band called the Beat as The Beat had to tour the US as the UK Beat to avoid confusion between The Beat and The Beat. Which The Beat are you going to see?
  • Options
    The English Beat playing in Banff tonight - i just looked them up & i do know a few of their tunes, should be fun! Always a bit dubious about bands that are still playing 25+ years after their heyday, but lets see..............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite] Always a bit dubious about bands that are still playing 25+ years after their heyday, but lets see..............

very true
  • Options
    having said that I really like the new Stooges album - their first proper since 1973!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Always a bit dubious about bands that are still playing 25+ years after their heyday, but lets see..............

Well the Chickory Tips were still rocking at a function i was at recently.

Altogether now....

'SON OF YA FATHER......
    ...bibbly, bibbly, bibbly, bibbly, bibbly bob'
  • Options
    A new Stooges album - really?
    They kicked off the lists of five thread.
  • Options
    And i'm listening to(this evening)....
    Counting crows - August and everything after
    Todd Rundgren - A Wizard a true star
    Kruder Dorfmeister - The k&d sessions
    errrrm....
  • Options
    arctic monkeys - brianstorm

tracey thorn -raise the roof (erol alkan mix)

justice - d.a.n.c.e

blur - popscene

eddie murphy - delirious live
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Hillsy's Up[/cite]My wife telling me that she was glad there was no football and It's nice to have me at home on saturday to finish off the odd jobs......

Cheers

Our wives are not related are they