Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    God I love that man.
  • Options
    God that sites irritating with all the adverts
  • Options
    "we have won three in a row now and we are still unbeaten in 2013"

proof if any was required, the cup games don't count
  • Options
    JT said:

God that sites irritating with all the adverts

Turn the sound down on the ad and it should stay turned down if you've agreed to enable cookies from our site.
  • Options
    Crashes my computer.

Nothing personal towards you NS as the poster - but it is a dreadful site, a real mess.
    Whoever designed that needs shooting replacing.
  • Options
    Can't the first person who reads it just copy and paste it here?
  • Options
    CHARLTON match winner Yann Kermorgant admitted he and he team-mates were aware of the amount of pressure Blackburn were under on Saturday.

The under-fire Venky family were in attendance for Rovers’ first game under new manager Michael Appleton and struggling Blackburn were booed from the field at the break and full-time.

And Kermorgant, who nodded the Addicks’ winner three minutes after the hour, revealed getting the fans on the backs of the home side was part of Charlton’s game plan to spoil Appleton’s Ewood debut.

“There is pressure for them to do better than they are doing now,” said Kermorgant.

“We knew there was a lot of pressure on Blackburn, their players and the new manager but we knew if we played well they would struggle to win and their fans could turn and start to put them under pressure.

“Every time we put them under pressure and they struggled to do something, or they didn’t find a team-mate with a pass, the crowd started booing and thought they should be doing better.

“And even more so at Blackburn because they have big players with big wages as well.

“At half-time when we were leading 1-0 it was hard for them but they equalised right at the start of the second half, which made it a bit difficult for us.

“We had to fight to score the second to win the game.”

Saturday’s victory was Charlton’s tenth of the season and sixth away from SE7.

Kermorgant believes Chris Powell’s men are more suited to playing away from home but, despite the recent good run, their main objective remains staying in the Championship.

He said: “At The Valley the games are more tight and it’s more up to us to make the game.

“But we are more comfortable when we have to make the other team play and counter attack.

“We have a very good fighting spirit. We are a decent team away from home and we are still winning, we have won three in a row now and we are still unbeaten in 2013.

“We are playing in a formation where I am alone up front with the two centre backs.

“Generally with the centre-backs I can beat them in the air.

“It is very tough for me but it is working at the moment and we are winning so we will have to do it again.”

Kermorgant added: “The target is for us is still the same, we have to be in the Championship next year and improve the squad.

“Maybe next year we will have a different target but this year is just to stay in the Championship, do our best and maybe in a few weeks we will see where we are and if we can do something better, then we will do it.

“But it is most important to improve the gap between us and the bottom three.”
  • Options
    Thanks, Talal !
  • Options
    Appreciated Talal good interview
  • Options
    Blackburn are doing a Charlton, the only question is whether they will drop this season or next.

Brum will probably do a Pompey.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well said, I think most of us would agree.
  • Options
    Nice bit of french arrogance there too - lovely chap :-)
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

love it
  • Options
    mpcafc said:

Swisdom said:

love it

It's also true, as long as he gets a little help from the officials when the CB's are climbing all over him.

• Options
    I have been told off for pasting the interview. Such a naughty boy.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Eh? Who by?
  • Options
    Talal said:

Can't the first person who reads it just copy and paste it here?

I think that'll be a NO then.
  • Options

Talal said:

Eh? Who by?
    Mr News Shopper
  • Options

Talal said:

Eh? Who by?
    Oh god - now he's been killed

• Options
    Talal said:

Talal said:

Eh? Who by?
    Mr News Shopper
    If that's true that's a bit unnecessary. Lots of people access CL at work or on mobile when advert/cookie heavy or barred sites can't be readily accessed. The News Shopper isn't a special case - believe us!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How about the real reason people won't click it? They don't like the News Shopper. Simple really. I don't see what the problem is personally with just clicking the link and getting on with it.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

How about the real reason people won't click it? They don't like the News Shopper. Simple really. I don't see what the problem is personally with just clicking the link and getting on with it.

Because some people will have it blocked by work firewalls?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    The News Shopper needs hits on its website.

That's why the link is posted on here. To get hits.
    If it's copied and pasted on here, the NS doesn't get the hits.

But then their site is just a mess with those irritating automatic videos and jumping advert headlines - crashes my laptop.
    I'm sure more people would be happy to click the NS link otherwise.
  • Options
    you've done it now Talal

• Options
    I'm all for people copy and pasting story's from the News shopper so I don't have to visit that ghastly web site.
    Well done Talal
  • Options
    I've taken a virtual bow Beds :)

I'm not really bothered either way, just did it to help those having trouble accessing it. First time I've clicked a news shopper link in yonks!

• Options
    I've given up on Newshopper links, as they invariably freeze my computer & at best cause it to run so slow it's not worth it.
  • Options
    Good interview like Kermorgants honesty and competitive spirit.
  • Options
    I think that interview demonstrates the importance of getting behind our team at the Valley
  • Options
    Bumped into The Beast in Bluewater today where he was shopping with his wife. Day off training due to away trip/win , I guess.

Congratulated him on his superbly taken goal on Saturday & could tell he was well pleased with his effort.

He's confident that the game on Saturday against the Owls will take place although it's probably more to do with him wanting to continue his scoring ways than having advanced knowledge of the weather.

The Beast versus Dangerous Brian ( Llera) ?

Know who I'll put my money on !