Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marvin Sordell

@RichCawleySLP: Bolton not prepared to consider a loan move for Marvin Sordell. Had been a target for #cafc.

Comments

• Options
    Oh well. . . . . . . . . . . .
  • Options
    I thought Millwall may be in for him.............
  • Options
    Rules Wordsworth out.

• Options
    cafc_will said:

@RichCawleySLP: Bolton not prepared to consider a loan move for Marvin Sordell. Had been a target for #cafc.

not according to CP if you read the article - he hasn't even spoken to Bolton about him.

Rich Cawley in making up stories to sell newpapers shock !!

• Options

Rules Wordsworth out.

Personally think it rules anyone out. Can't see anyone coming in.
  • Options
    no in's unless out's first imo
  • Options

Rules Wordsworth out.

I don't think Powell's comments rule anything in or out...
  • Options

Rules Wordsworth out.

I don't think Powell's comments rule anything in or out...
  • Options
    Does he really want to be at the club?

Im convinced he has ability but he doesnt seem to be putting 100% in to me whereas Church you can really see that he is giving it his all! Maybe its because he is only on loan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a concern, he did nothing at Bolton, and has been unimpressive for us as well. I guess the hope was that by coming down south, he'd recapture his earlier form, but early signs aren't promising
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Work rate wasn't really one of his qualities.

I think Mackay and Dyche thought he had the ability but was a bit lazy at times.
  • Options
    People too quick to jump on him. he's not had a run of games as yet.
  • Options

To be fair he's started over 50% of the league games this season and taken some part in most of the rest. From the first game against Bournemouth he's looked un-interested but that could be put down to having just come in and not knowing his team-mates. Fast forward two months and I don't think anyone can legitimately say, hand on heart, that Sordell has improved much from that first game.

Please don't interpret this as me "scapegoating" the lad but it really seems as though his heart isn't in it.
  • Options

He has been written off and thats, that
  • Options
    Not necessarily a suggestion of a swap, but what would people say to Matty Fryatt from Hull? Barnsley want him on loan.
  • Options
    Sordell, this weeks scape-goat. LOL
  • Options
    He needs to have some service in order to score goals and be effective, maybe a run in the team with Harriott and Stewart creating chances we'd see some goals from him
  • Options
    50% of six league games??? jesus wept....

3 games is not long enough to make an informed judgement on a new signing, maybe after ten or so
  • Options
    I hope he works out but I will not hold my breath, I have filed Sordell under Hulse & N'Guessen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Worried by comments from those that travelled to Huddersfield and even more worried by the fact that young Pigott was preferred to replace Yann at Watford.

When I saw Sordell at home he looked really rusty apart from anything else and obviously needed a run of games to prove himself one way or the other. In his defence, some players have a laconic style and even BWP was accused by some muppets of being lazy in his 20 goal promotion season.

Personally, I would rather see BWP up front with Yann than Sordell, Church or young Piggot. Arguably, without Fuller as an option, we have a significantly worse attack this season than during our league 1 promotion season.
  • Options
    Grumpy I don't agree that it's a worse attack than our L1 season. It's just worse that last season. Fuller was the bulk and we are missing that. We can't rely on Yann and there isn't a replacement for him. Church to me is a poacher and has good vision and Sordell is a quality player but more like Church than Yann. Piggott isn't ready.
  • Options
    Sordell has had next to no service from what I've seen.

The bloke was excellent at Watford and has a lot of ability so at present he gets the benefit of any doubt from me.
  • Options
    I know one thing my fiver on him to be Championship top scorer has gone up the swanny. Talk about a fool and his money.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

50% of six league games??? jesus wept....

3 games is not long enough to make an informed judgement on a new signing, maybe after ten or so

It's not that he's playing badly though, it's that he doesn't seem to be doing anything at all. I'm not saying we can make an "informed judgement" on his ability yet but surely we can comment on what is before our very eyes prior to 10 games having come and gone ?
  • Options
    He has history with Millwall and will no doubt be given abuse by them on Saturday. Hopefully this will fire him up (if he plays)!
  • Options

He has history with Millwall and will no doubt be given abuse by them on Saturday. Hopefully this will fire him up (if he plays)!

if the way he's been playing is the same as his attitude I doubt if he really would care what the millwall fans say about him
  • Options
    I cant agree that he was invisible last night. He missed a good chance and a lot of passes went astray. He also created our only first half opportunity. Clearly there was a wavelength issue between him and others. I'd have liked him to be more selfish and tried a few shots. The pre-season Bolton vid showed he can do that.

As a striker, especially a loan striker, coming to Charlton, if you haven't scored on your
    debut you will soon get stick. To be fair we have had a long run of average strikers to put up with and so we demand a messiah. Unless we are very lucky, Marvin will be needed to play a part this season and I think a bit of encouragement would help.
  • Options
    Sorry for duplication - posted this on the player marks thread by mistake.

It is very worrying that Sordell is scoring so low. With his track record I think most of us were pleased that we got him for the season. There must be a very good footballer in there somewhere and we won't unlock that potential unless he plays -but we can't really afford a passenger until he comes good. A dilemma.
  • Options

I cant agree that he was invisible last night. He missed a good chance and a lot of passes went astray. He also created our only first half opportunity. Clearly there was a wavelength issue between him and others. I'd have liked him to be more selfish and tried a few shots. The pre-season Bolton vid showed he can do that.

As a striker, especially a loan striker, coming to Charlton, if you haven't scored on your
    debut you will soon get stick. To be fair we have had a long run of average strikers to put up with and so we demand a messiah. Unless we are very lucky, Marvin will be needed to play a part this season and I think a bit of encouragement would help.

I think there's a difference between questioning his performances so far (which is what is happening here, and rightly so) and giving him stick at a game, which is ridiculous.