Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The best ever red card

Comments

• Options
    Cantona at Palace was the most enjoyable!
  • Options
    Blatantly a Zenit St Petersburg fan the ref.
  • Options
    That ref should be sacked.
  • Options
    That makes my blood boil. Jobsworth p***k
  • Options
    I watched something the other day which made me laugh, there was an old footballer comparing the modern to the old game in which he played in.

In which he mentioned that in the old days there was hardly any red cards, but said that when footballers did get a red card, and felt it was harsh they would go back and make sure that the red card was justified, by giving them a little boot up the arse !

Made me laugh for some reason .
  • Options
    I quite liked Steve Brown's one when he got stretchered off to a hail of catalogues. Not least because he knew it was a balantant red and faked the injury
  • Options
    thems the rules - even my 9 yr old son knows that if you take your shirt off its a yellow card !!
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

I quite liked Steve Brown's one when he got stretchered off to a hail of catalogues. Not least because he knew it was a balantant red and faked the injury

Agreed!

• Options
    McBobbin said:

Was there ever a video clip of it? I vaguely recall seeing one a few years ago.

• Options

thems the rules - even my 9 yr old son knows that if you take your shirt off its a yellow card !!

Your house must be a barrel of laughs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Watford bloke this year was good. Kicking the ball away and diving. The dream double.
  • Options
    Do any old uns out there remember Willy Duffs right hook on Evertons Dave Hickson in a FA cup game at the Valley in. the late fifties he laid him out in the back of the net no handbag scuffles in those days.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Shearer at the Valley
    I can't remember what it was for but I do remember his indignation at being sent off, OK it did get rescinded but he still got sent off.

Do any old uns out there remember Willy Duffs right hook on Evertons Dave Hickson in a FA cup game at the Valley in. the late fifties he laid him out in the back of the net no handbag scuffles in those days.

yes that was brilliant, he then took of his green jersey, threw it in the goal and walked off before the ref could react - well that's how I like to remember it.

• Options

Shearer at the Valley
    I can't remember what it was for but I do remember his indignation at being sent off, OK it did get rescinded but he still got sent off.

yes that was brilliant, he then took of his green jersey, threw it in the goal and alked off before the ref could react - well that's how I like to remember it.

Shearer quiet rightly was sent off for a deliberate elbow in Fortunes(?) face, clearly seen by the linesman who instigated the sending off and the majority of the west stand. Why it was rescinded I have no idea, other than it was Shearer who was England's captain, but I am sure that didn't come into it. It was rumoured (you can't beat a good rumour) that the linesman was not contacted during the appeals process.
  • Options
    Peter Beagrie .. CAFC v Bradford 1998 .. John Robinson had done or said something to annoy our Peter. So Beagrie danced up to Robinson - Imagine a solo floral dance- and slapped him hard in the face ... quite bizarre .. Beagrie took the walk of shame. He didn't dance from the field. (Soon after that we signed Youds from Bradford. I do not think that there is any connection between these two events.) Chris Kamara was the Bradford manager at the time. As Beagrie left the field, Kamara merely shook his head in puzzlemenet at his player's strange behaviour
  • Options
    Remember Andy Todd and I think Graeme Stuart had a dust up and both got sent off. I think we signed Todd shortly thereafter!
  • Options
    Todd had some 'issues', didn't he.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Todd had some 'issues', didn't he.

I'm sure the issues were with Dean Keily's face.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Shearer at the Valley

Shearer quiet rightly was sent off for a deliberate elbow in Fortunes(?) face, clearly seen by the linesman who instigated the sending off and the majority of the west stand. Why it was rescinded I have no idea, other than it was Shearer who was England's captain, but I am sure that didn't come into it. It was rumoured (you can't beat a good rumour) that the linesman was not contacted during the appeals process.
    The fact Shearer was doing the FA Trophy draw live on the radio on the Monday was entirely coincidental of course.
  • Options
    Had an international coming up prob like when that rat neil lennon headbutted shearers boots whilst on the floor
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:

Shearer at the Valley

The fact Shearer was doing the FA Trophy draw live on the radio on the Monday was entirely coincidental of course.
    My favorite was the Shearer/Fortune one. That must've been one of Fortune's greatest games - he gave Shearer hell.
  • Options
    PS I'm not a big Shearer fan to say the least.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

PS I'm not a big Shearer fan to say the least.

Nor am I.

• Options
    Saga Lout said:

aliwibble said:

Shearer at the Valley

My favorite was the Shearer/Fortune one. That must've been one of Fortune's greatest games - he gave Shearer hell.
    Shearer elbowed Fortune after Fortune had giben hoim a torrid time, probably Fortunes greatest game. Then followed a campaign led by Bobby Robson denigrating Fortune, accusing him of acting and being a nothing player.

My best Shearer moment was when a third level centre half re shaped Shearers face in the FA Cup.