Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• First time I've been back on owlstalk this season. They seem a bit more humble this season. Not surprised they've turned on Jones already though.
  • I found it very warming that someone realises why we are different.
  • Semedo? Llera? Championship?

Those things don't go together..................
  • They make a very good point about the "pulling together" thing.

I think the banner at the top of the board did the job myself !! ;-)
  • I got far far too much satisfaction from reading that.

I did too, but in a humbling way.

I did too, but in a humbling way.
    I think it got me a little hard tbh.
  • ... ok that's where we'll draw the line then.
  • edited November 2012
    DJ is a good manager but having a look at their team they have so many loan players, even in league 1 they did. People like Batth and Marshall leaving must've hurt them and the balance of the squad.

I'm glad we never went down the route of relying on loan players.

Mind you, I did really enjoy reading their forum. A lot were beginning to see the flaws of Semedo too, I believe there's a thread on it about how he offers nothing going forward and isn't cut out for this level. Looks like he isn't that magic.
  • edited November 2012
    Sheff Weds need to stick with their manager , they will come good eventually , even if its back in League 1 next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sheff Weds will come good,

Or should that be Utd?

;o)
  • They will be even more chuffed,when the read Peter Beagries take on championship CBS......
  • Be VERY afraid, anything that MASSIVE in our local vicinity could, being so MASSIVE, that under the laws of physics, form a MASSIVE black hole (not to be confused with the fair hamlet of Sheffield...) and continue in a MASSIVE way to suck every other object including us mere insignificant collateral insignificance into another dimension.
  • Is it just me that couldn't give a toss how they're doing and can't understand our fixation with them? Always quite liked going there if I'm honest.
  • This season they mean nothing to me last season they irritated me no end with their constant swipes and snipes at every club in the league not being worthy of them attending the fixture

Now couldnt give two shits much more important games and teams such as tomorrow
  • edited December 2012
    Serves 'em soddin' well right!

I know its not all of 'em but far too many of their supporters showed a total lack of respect towards us and every other club they had to face last season. They didn't even acknowledge our existance until 3/4 of the season had passed and we were STILL top and begrudgingly had to accept we might have a team down here. You look back, on masse all their forums totally dismissed us as they constantly made out predictions as the season unfolded. It was all about themselves, United and Hudd's.....we simply never got a mention except for fleeting comments about how our `luck' would soon run out and we'd drop like a stone and get out of the way of the `serious business' of getting promotion.
    Personally I was and am quite shocked at just how disrespectful there were/are towards us. All clubs will have a legal quota of delusional tossers but the percentage Wednesday appear to have is staggeringly alarming tbh. You wonder if some kind of mass hypnosis is going on up there cos they don't seem to grasp exactly where and what they are. They are a failed classless club, pure and simply.
    For the last 20 years certainly we've out-performed them on and off the pitch with much lower operating potential and rather than give us the most basic nods of recognition from one out of luck club to another they think of us as something you'd scrape of ya shoe.

I say let 'em burn.
  • Fair play to them; they were tossers last season - but reading that thread is quite humbling.

Quite impressed by how much they are under-achieving by to be honest, at the beginning I thought they'd be doing very well by this point of the season. Also, it's interesting to note that Dave Jones appears to have lost the plot and been talking nonsense in his interviews.

1-4 to Watford at home though.. Ouch, I was really frustrated when we lost 2-1 to them as I thought they were a bit shit tbh. This is certainly a funny league..
  • Is it just me that couldn't give a toss how they're doing and can't understand our fixation with them? Always quite liked going there if I'm honest.

Exactly this. And can everyone stop referring to them as the massives? Winds me up. Wny are the wendies relevant to charlton?

• I genuinely feel some affinity with them - going up together and the rivalry last season I suppose. I hope they pick up and get to grips with this league.
  • why are we even bothering having a discussion about them ?
  • Sponsored links:

• I genuinely feel some affinity with them - going up together and the rivalry last season I suppose. I hope they pick up and get to grips with this league.

Agreed. I didnt think I'd feel like this after last season; but reading that thread just confirmed it for me. I actually wish them well and a bit of luck, not too much luck - just survival luck at the expense of Ipswich, Watford and Palace when they have their post-christmas slump..!

Still, there is that sadistic bit of me that would chuckle if United went up as Wednesday went down... ;)
  • I saw Wednesdays real colours last year and wasn't impressed ... Hope they go down ....
  • I look for Huddersfield and Wednesday's results, because they came up with us - and I like to compare how all 3 promoted teams are doing in the Champs.

And, of course, Operation Piggy was always on here posting.
  • edited December 2012
    I just clicked on the link in the first post above and saw:

"There was one big difference. Charlton fans absolutely love Powell. He could have taken em down and they'd still love him.

It must really help with that "all pulling together" thing."

Chris Powell. That's what we have and they don't.
    And we're all right behind our manager.

• Oggy Red said:

I look for Huddersfield and Wednesday's results, because they came up with us - and I like to compare how all 3 promoted teams are doing in the Champs.

And, of course, Operation Piggy was always on here posting.

• I have a wry smile at their predicament. Pride comes before a fall and all that.
  • No sympathy whatsoever. The bigger they are the harder they fall.
  • Im enjoying there so far failure to deal with this league, especially with what many of us had to put up with walking back to the coaches/cars after the win at there place and not from kids but middle aged men in my case.

Plus as an added bonus it's enjoyable as a few of our more doom mongering fans were wishing we had chucked money around like they did in the summer, that worked for them.

• Yep total moronic tossers all giving it the bigun on the train back
    Deluded lot