Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bruce Springsteen - Wembley Stadium

Not sure how many Springsteen lovers there are on here, but for those that are, Bruce is playing Wembley next sumer (Saturday June 15th).

I've never seen him live before so can't wait, anyone else had the pleasure? Hopefully tickets won't be too much of a rip-off! It's also the week after the Stone Roses are playing Finsbury Park.

Tickets go on sale next Friday (7th Dec)

Comments

• I've just moved into a flat in Maze Hill and there is a strange Chinese guy I live with who is obsessed with Bruce Springsteen.

The lad says nothing but he is constantly blaring the Born In the USA album out of his bedroom. I swear I could sing Dancing in The Dark to you backwards after the last two weeks I've had in that flat.
  • Haha! Sounds like you might be sick of his music by June then!
  • edited November 2012
    Saw him live in the summer, best gig I've ever been to, he's amazing and the e-street band are something else. If there any tickets left mid December when I have a bit more cash I'll try and get a couple. How much are they out of interest ?
  • My wife is a huge fan. I like him too. Last saw live in 87 at Wemberleeee. Epic.
  • se9addick said:

Saw him live in the summer, best gig I've ever been to, he's amazing and the e-street band are something else. If there any tickets left mid December when I have a bit more cash I'll try and get a couple. How much are they out of interest ?

Not sure if there is a way of finding out the cost of tickets before they actually go on sale... I would guess around £50-£60
  • Saw him at Glasto 3 years back......still can't forgive him for stealing 2 hours of the best weekend of my life with album track nonsense.
  • Saw him years ago. Can't remember where or when. So must have been really good!
  • DanDavis said:

Saw him at Glasto 3 years back......still can't forgive him for stealing 2 hours of the best weekend of my life with album track nonsense.

I know what you mean. Problem was that was a particularly poor album!

• Very good live and plays for a decent length of time not like some modern acts. Saw him twice at Emirates couple of years back. They were both very different sets, one played most of the tracks I like so was far better than the other one. Defiantely worthe going
    Suspect the £50-£60 someone said above is optimistic.
  • Prices are up on Ticketmaster, 55-68 quid (including booking fees) depending on whether you're sitting or standing. Would love to go but no idea if I'll be back in London by then, and money is tight. Really want to see him before he stops touring.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've seen him many times, starting in 1981 at Wembley Arena - always but always a brilliant occasion. Tinged with sadness now that Danny Federici and Big Clarence have passed away but still magic.
  • Was at the Emirates and Hyde Park earlier this year. Bruce is simply the best live performer of all time. The Big Man was sorely missed but his nephew played sax, supported by a brass section. If you've never seen him I would highly recommend it. See you at Wembley!
  • Sorry, should have said the Etihad!!
  • Saw him at wembley football stadium,great gig. Not really a fan but very good show played for ages.
  • Davo55 said:

I've seen him many times, starting in 1981 at Wembley Arena - always but always a brilliant occasion. Tinged with sadness now that Danny Federici and Big Clarence have passed away but still magic.

+1 thought doing Rockin All Over The World was a classic encore.
  • Saw him at Hard Rock Calling this year. Was unbelievable! Only 18 but possibly moment of my year! Him and Paul McC singing twist & shout... Oh my
  • The most misunderstood and one of the best songwriters the world has ever seen. Thanks to Ronald Reagan (hi-jacking Born in the USA - a song that I'm not overly fond of anyway) everyone assumes that he is some sort of warmongering gung-ho big mouthed Yankee - nothing could be further from the truth. This bloke writes lyrics that play in your mind like screenplays from widescreen movies that were produced in a better era.
    For those in doubt check out the lyrics to The River, Thunder Road, Badlands, Promised Land, Factory, Reason to Believe, Used Cars and Johnny 99 - just a sample of many astounding songs that he has written.
    For those too young to know - Springsteen is a genius and quite possibly the best live performer ever, even the NME says so

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=1&title=why_bruce_springsteen_is_the_greatest_li&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
  • SHoare93 said:

Saw him at Hard Rock Calling this year. Was unbelievable! Only 18 but possibly moment of my year! Him and Paul McC singing twist & shout... Oh my

You lucky git! I'm a massive Beatles fan as well so to see him perform with McCartney would have been amaxing.

Was that the gig where the jobsworths at the council cut the set short, whilst Springsteen & McCartney were mid-song??
  • SHoare93 said:

Saw him at Hard Rock Calling this year. Was unbelievable! Only 18 but possibly moment of my year! Him and Paul McC singing twist & shout... Oh my

You lucky git! I'm a massive Beatles fan as well so to see him perform with McCartney would have been amaxing.

Was that the gig where the jobsworths at the council cut the set short, whilst Springsteen & McCartney were mid-song??
    It was, but wouldn't say they were cut off mid-song, was sort of as they were saying there goodbye's to us, so was slightly over exaggerated in all the reports!

Was amazing nevertheless!
  • Was at the Emirates and Hyde Park earlier this year. Bruce is simply the best live performer of all time. The Big Man was sorely missed but his nephew played sax, supported by a brass section. If you've never seen him I would highly recommend it. See you at Wembley!

Absolutely right. Have only been lucky enough to see him three times, but have left amazed each time. Most recent time was about a month ago, and he brought a 17-piece band, with (I believe) 6 brass. Wholeheartedly recommend, and would go so far as to say that anyone who doesn't see him is missing out. Sure to be, quite simply, a remarkable rock 'n' roll show. It's exhausting to watch how hard he works over what will be, at a minimum, a three hour show.

• Sponsored links:

• A brilliant performer - but the trouble is that his back catalogue is so extensive covering so many genres of music that you never know what you are going to get. Generally he plays a mix including the "best of" stuff like Born to Run, Thunder Road etc alongside the newer material from the latest album and he likes to chuck some obscure stuff in there as well. Consequently while it pays to be a bit of a fan you can get a taste of what he's about if you only know the more popular stuff.
  • Thanks for the early warning Rufus - I got 4 tickets for Bruce at Wembley on 15th June. Really looking forward to what will be a brilliant evening.
  • Massive fan. S
    SHoare93 said:

SHoare93 said:

It was, but wouldn't say they were cut off mid-song, was sort of as they were saying there goodbye's to us, so was slightly over exaggerated in all the reports!

Was amazing nevertheless!</blockquote

I was fortunate enough to be there too. It was the Promoter who cut it short because he didn't want to lose his licence. The real issue was the fact that the Boss didn't come on 'til late because everyone else over ran on the day.

• Anyone at Hyde Park last night? The reviews are all incredible.

I'm there tomorrow night - can't wait.
  • Yes, went last night. I'm not a huge fan (the Mrs is) but really enjoyed it. I knew the big hits anyway. I think Bruce is getting a bit melancholic in his old age, but you can tell he lives for playing to the crowd. The atmosphere was really good even if Hyde park is a crap venue (don't bother with the bars is my advice, plenty of water refill stations though).

Enjoy!
  • McBobbin said:
    Yes, went last night. I'm not a huge fan (the Mrs is) but really enjoyed it. I knew the big hits anyway. I think Bruce is getting a bit melancholic in his old age, but you can tell he lives for playing to the crowd. The atmosphere was really good even if Hyde park is a crap venue (don't bother with the bars is my advice, plenty of water refill stations though).

Enjoy!

Thanks.

I'm a huge fan - not so much my wife, two sons and their partners who are going as well. They will all be converted!

Generally a crap venue, I agree, but lucky to be stage side in hospitality so I will certainly be using the bar that I've already paid for!!
  • Massive fan and my favourite all time artist. Have seen him a number of times, the last time was the infamous night when the electricity was turned off at Hyde Park with Paul McCartney on stage - in order not to upset the neighbours at 10.30pm on a Saturday night! Unfortunately, in no fit state now to do the same again and deeply envious of those that are but do hope that all those that do get to see him have a great time. I'm sure that they will.

It's also fantastic to see that former Sky Sports presenter, Dave Clark, who suffers from Parkinson's, has been following him on this tour. 

• didn't realise he was 73!, christ he's looking well on it
  • didn't realise he was 73!, christ he's looking well on it
    And still doing three hour plus shows