Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Thanks, this one is really scary...
  • Yeah good luck!
  • Going to be "hunkered down" for a few days here in Maryland, power is expected to go out for possibly up to a week. Schools are closed, public transportation all cancelled, we've been asked to stay off the roads until the "state of emergency" is over. Power outages could last through election day, which might make the election interesting. Still, loaded up with beer and crisps, and a bottle of wine or two, a camping stove for cooking and a fine lady, could be worse. Just hope no one gets hurt.
  • Stuff like this kinda puts into perspective the "due to adverse weather conditions ..." excuses we get all the time over here.
  • I quit complaining about the weather after the Japanese Tsunami.
  • Take care limey. Been in touch with friends in NY and Long Beach. All doing same as you & keeping fingers crossed. All the best.
  • limeygent said:

Going to be "hunkered down" for a few days here in Maryland, power is expected to go out for possibly up to a week. Schools are closed, public transportation all cancelled, we've been asked to stay off the roads until the "state of emergency" is over. Power outages could last through election day, which might make the election interesting. Still, loaded up with beer and crisps, and a bottle of wine or two, a camping stove for cooking and a fine lady, could be worse. Just hope no one gets hurt.

Not a bad weekend to have left Maryland for San Diego. The weather here is vacillating between bright, sunny, and 65 degrees and bright, sunny, and 70 degrees.
  • Good luck folks - it looks like there's going to be a bit of a breeze....
  • Good luck, stay safe! Very big storm, 350 miles away from us at closest point but still effecting us as we speak with gale force winds, nothing too serious. All being well will be in NY this w/e.
  • Sponsored links:

• All of my team are based in Boston, infact I only got back from there just over a week ago.

Sounds like they're pretty worried - this is going to be something unprecedented it sounds.
  • Off_it said:

Stuff like this kinda puts into perspective the "due to adverse weather conditions ..." excuses we get all the time over here.

Yeah, but its hardly 2 inches of snow is it! Who could possibly expect the capital NOT to grind to a halt after such devastation
  • Keeping my fingers crossed for all on the East Coast and am very happy that my brother lives on the West Coast.
  • Ship called HMS Bounty going down in the storm, off of N.C. , 2 crewmen missing apparently. What the heck were they doing out there?
  • Winds now increased to sustained 90mph,scarey stuff
  • Hows Lucy the Elephant doing down in Margate?
  • limeygent said:

Ship called HMS Bounty going down in the storm, off of N.C. , 2 crewmen missing apparently. What the heck were they doing out there?

That is the replica of the Bounty, the tall ship that featured in the film "Pirates of the Carribean".

Shame, beautiful ship in full sail and rigging.
  • Got a few friends and ex work colleagues out there. Their facebook statuses are a little scary. One had a video on there and it's just insane
  • edited October 2012
    Thoughts and prayers with America.
  • Some pictures here, just spoken to some colleagues in NYC....they are all home but said the weather was really turning now.

Some pics on here:

http://gawker.com/5955757/battery-park-is-underwater-and-sandy-hasnt-even-hit-yet
  • Sponsored links:

• The bloomberg story on that sites great.
  • Good luck guys, fortunately posting on here you come equipped with a tin hat, so that should help :-)
  • edited October 2012
    750,000 homes without power atm.
  • My sister was supposed to be flying out tomorrow to see her son, Charlton supporter Liam Lane, so our fingers are crossed that it passes quickly with minimum damage
  • oldbloke said:

The bloomberg story on that sites great.

Unbelievable...in any other country. If only Sandy had been "ordered"...they could hopefully also"target" some of these absolute idiots!
  • Kap10 said:

My sister was supposed to be flying out tomorrow to see her son, Charlton supporter Liam Lane, so our fingers are crossed that it passes quickly with minimum damage

Don't think there'll be any flights to the East Coast, most of the airports are closed.
  • 9,000 flights cancelled today. Landfall expected any minute just south of Atlantic City where the famous boardwalk is already collapsing.
  • Good job I got my orders shipped from America just in time
  • You plank