Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Green Day Billie Joe freaks out at the I Heart Radio Music Festival

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2012

They've moved away from the political side since 2009, opinion = invalid

Doesn't change the fact the political stuff was silly now does it. Doesn't change the fact I liked them until they did it. Honestly..
  • Options

Doesn't change the fact the political stuff was silly now does it. Doesn't change the fact I liked them until they did it. Silly lad
    But doesn't everyone do that at one point? U2 are still doing it (bunch of c*nts they are), Morrisey is still a major twat for doing it.
  • Options
    He's gone into rehab this weekend.
  • Options

Doesn't change the fact the political stuff was silly now does it. Doesn't change the fact I liked them until they did it. Silly lad
    But doesn't everyone do that at one point? U2 are still doing it (bunch of c*nts they are), Morrisey is still a major twat for doing it.
    I'm not a fan of those either, but I just always enjoyed Green Day for the fun and the silliness. Simple songs, simple themes, simple pleasures
  • Options

I'm not a fan of those either, but I just always enjoyed Green Day for the fun and the silliness. Simple songs, simple themes, simple pleasures
    For the fun and silliness, this has to be up there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEpAowKGiAM
  • Options
    clearly an act- it's them trying to get back into the spotlight for being punk. For the record I was a big fan but they changed after Dookie
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Great example of why I'm so glad we finally seem to have moved on from the whole indie/rock/whatever you wanna call it THIS YEAR craze that seems to have dominated the mainstream music industry for the last decade. Absolute moron.

As opposed to the terrible electronic music that is being churned out at the moment?
  • Options
    Met them years ago on the Dookie tour (I was bar manager at one of the (tiny) venues they were playing literally weeks before they exploded). They were really nice guys - no bullshit primadonna crap at all. This is just a publicity stunt.
  • Options
    I

I bet I know who their biggest fan is....

It just annoys me when people don't back up their so called "facts"
    I've been listening to Green Day since literally before you were born Nathan. EA is right - they haven't made a good album since Nimrod and Insomniac. So, actually, longer than ten years. The two albums after that had four or five good songs on them, since then they have been laughably poor.
  • Options

I

I bet I know who their biggest fan is....

It just annoys me when people don't back up their so called "facts"
    I've been listening to Green Day since literally before you were born Nathan. EA is right - they haven't made a good album since Nimrod and Insomniac. So, actually, longer than ten years. The two albums after that had four or five good songs on them, since then they have been laughably poor.
    I'd agree with that. Warning had its moments but as a whole album it was disappointing. I found American Idiot mostly embarrassing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After the mediocre American Idiot I tuned out to Green Day. Just think they've become everything they were against when they started, just 3 middle aged men wearing make up and playing mediocre new songs along with their old hits.

Sad that he has a problem, but haven't rated them for a while.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    What an utter Twat
  • Options
    don't mind some of Greendays old stuff. this blokes clearly an idiot though
  • Options
    I like em, nothing like a good tantrum to sell a few records though
  • Options
    Saw them live back in like 07, they were good but have no personalties at all. May have been watching robotos to an extent.
  • Options

After the mediocre American Idiot I tuned out to Green Day. Just think they've become everything they were against when they started, just 3 middle aged men wearing make up and playing mediocre new songs along with their old hits.

Sad that he has a problem, but haven't rated them for a while.

Can't argue with that. Pretty much the same for me..........
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

JaShea99 said:

Great example of why I'm so glad we finally seem to have moved on from the whole indie/rock/whatever you wanna call it THIS YEAR craze that seems to have dominated the mainstream music industry for the last decade. Absolute moron.

As opposed to the terrible electronic music that is being churned out at the moment?
    Terrible electronic records that kids love and sells bucket loads.....or mundane indie bands doing the same old same old that no one is listening to or buying?
  • Options
    Did anyone else feel like they were watching WWE?
  • Options
    Cringeworthy. The multi-millionaire middle aged rock star throwing a hissy fit to show `the kids' how he stands with them in their collective fight against `the man'.
    I imagine 10 minutes later as he sat in the back of his limo chatting to his accountant he'd forgotten all about it.

Green Day = For many years now musically irrelevent, tedious, bloated, corporate America, money making machine....it happens to a lot of 'em.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

JaShea99 said:

What is electronic music?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Needs a good slap.
  • Options

Cringeworthy. The multi-millionaire middle aged rock star throwing a hissy fit to show `the kids' how he stands with them in their collective fight against `the man'.
    I imagine 10 minutes later as he sat in the back of his limo chatting to his accountant he'd forgotten all about it.

Green Day = For many years now musically irrelevent, tedious, bloated, corporate America, money making machine....it happens to a lot of 'em.

My view as well. They were fantastic in the early nighties but as you say they are irrelevant. Just another group of musicians pumping out the same sound for decades.
  • Options
    I liked them in the early 90s but could never take them serious. My brother was a bigger fan and had their first 6 albums. I remember when I first heard American Idiot and thinking WTF? Awful record and you could see the direction they were heading, capitalising on the teenage angst market that reappeared with the Nu-metal scene.
  • Options
    Still, rather hear him ranting than usher perform.
  • Options

Still, rather hear him ranting than usher perform.

agree with that ... I think he had a good point
  • Options
    really embarrassing
  • Options

Summed up perfectly
  • Options
    Overrated and Overwrought! What a tosser
  • Options
    I get the impression that a lot of people have turned against them simply because of the change of direction since American Idiot. I wonder how the critical acclaim would have fared if it was their first album? They've churned out a lot of hits since then.

I'm not a massive fan, they're OK - Gotta give them credit for reinventing themselves though. A lot of bands get stick for doing that sort of thing, but everybody grows out of different styles of songwriting.