Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kevin Pietersen - Biggest Tosser in British Sport?

1234568»

Comments

• Options

Worse than bloody International Football.

How can you be allowed to play for another country when you've already represented one, makes a complete mockery of it

And yes I think the likes of Diego Costa playing for Brazil then Spain because his Brazil cap was only a friendly is also a joke
    A friend of mine, Gavin Hamilton, did it. Played for Scotland in the WC. Then played a Test match for England, bagging a pair courtesy of Alan Donald and then went back to captain Scotland. Some of the Irish guys have done the same thing and I suppose it is different in their cases as their country of birth isn't a full Test playing nation.

• Options

How can you be allowed to play for another country when you've already represented one, makes a complete mockery of it

And yes I think the likes of Diego Costa playing for Brazil then Spain because his Brazil cap was only a friendly is also a joke
    I agree totally. The idea that you can chop and change the international team you represents makes a mockery of it. Its supposed to be the thing that separates it out from club competition.
    Good way to describe it... I've often wondered if International Football will be changed one day so that its the country in name alone and that they'll be able to buy and sell players to represent "England", really wouldnt surprise me
  • Options

anyone know a good tattoo removal company?

His chum Piers Morgan Know where the tattoo of the springbok is.

KP alliance to England was always for sporting expediency.
  • Options
    There is no chance that he will be picked for either England or South Africa. Both countries may have some serious faults in the way in which they administer cricket, but they've both got more sense than to select him.
  • Options
    But they should select him as he's the greatest cricketer ever, well in his mind he is!!!!
  • Options

A friend of mine, Gavin Hamilton, did it. Played for Scotland in the WC. Then played a Test match for England, bagging a pair courtesy of Alan Donald and then went back to captain Scotland. Some of the Irish guys have done the same thing and I suppose it is different in their cases as their country of birth isn't a full Test playing nation.

I think that's the point, playing for Scotland in a one-dayer didn't disqualify him from playing for England at Test level, but playing for a Test country at one-day level probably would have done.

How do you know Gavin, he played for Yorkshire if I remember, which is a far way from SE7.
  • Options

It's understandable, if regrettable that the best players for the likes of Ireland and Scotland might try and play for England, to play Test cricket, something they'd never be able to achieve otherwise. It does seem weird though, a pure Irishman Eoin Morgan captaining the England ODI and T20 teams, whereas their football team has been full of English players who qualify through having one Irish granny!
  • Options

It's understandable, if regrettable that the best players for the likes of Ireland and Scotland might try and play for England, to play Test cricket, something they'd never be able to achieve otherwise. It does seem weird though, a pure Irishman Eoin Morgan captaining the England ODI and T20 teams, whereas their football team has been full of English players who qualify through having one Irish granny!
    Or, in the case of Tony Cascarino, not even having Irish heritage at all!
  • Options
    Gavin played for Sidcup many years ago. When I was in my teens I played in the same side as he a couple of times before he went to Yorkshire.
  • Options

Gavin played for Sidcup many years ago. When I was in my teens I played in the same side as he a couple of times before he went to Yorkshire.

Indeed - I captained the first time he played in an adult side for Sidcup when he was 13. And invited him to open which he duly did with aplomb.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    KP, like all finely tuned athletes, has pulled his calf after facing just one ball.

I'm sure that his contract will give him some compensation even if the sponsors aren't rushing to offer him a few stickers for his bat!
  • Options

Kepler Wessels is possibly the most comparable example. Opened for the Aussies while the South Africans were banned in the apartheid era, then reincarnated as an Afrikaner later on. More sympathy with his position than Pietersen's though.
  • Options
    Retired.

Apparently he's now going to work in rhino conservation, which is a pretty cool post-cricket career compared to many
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Retired.

Apparently he's now going to work in rhino conservation, which is a pretty cool post-cricket career compared to many

Did they miss out the word spearmint?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Retired.

Good riddance.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Leuth said:

Retired.

Good riddance.
    I shouldn't be agreeing with you given the god like way I see the 2005 squad but he was a pain in the anus for the last few years of his career and I don't think I can forgive him for ratting out a genuinely good cricketer and captain in Strauss
  • Options
    Carter said:

Riviera said:

Leuth said:

Retired.

Good riddance.
    I shouldn't be agreeing with you given the god like way I see the 2005 squad but he was a pain in the anus for the last few years of his career and I don't think I can forgive him for ratting out a genuinely good cricketer and captain in Strauss
    I was at the 5th day of the Oval in 2005, absolute brilliance from him
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Retired.

How much is the contract worth?
  • Options
    lolwray said:

Just waiting for the moment he falls out with the rhinos

He'll be texting the Hippos complaining that Rhinos don't understand him....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apologies if posted elsewhere. 

Just wanted to recommend the 5 part series KP:Story Of A Genius. (Presently on Sky Sports catch up).  Love him or loathe him a very, very interesting watch, (although a certain Piers Morgan pops up far too much (imo) putting his oar in). 

Pietersen was a late developer, but his self confidence and sheer drive took him to England and subsequently on to a 100+ test matches, 8000+ test match runs, 4 ashes wins and a world cup win - in which he was player of the tournament.  Upset quite a few on the way including Graham Swann (haha) 

Pietersen looks after number one.  Any doubt as to what his career has bought him?  Then look at this article.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9384489/kevin-pietersen-home-wentworth-jessica-taylor-safari/

• Options
    Apologies if posted elsewhere. 

Just wanted to recommend the 5 part series KP:Story Of A Genius. (Presently on Sky Sports catch up).  Love him or loathe him a very, very interesting watch, (although a certain Piers Morgan pops up far too much (imo) putting his oar in). 

Pietersen was a late developer, but his self confidence and sheer drive took him to England and subsequently on to a 100+ test matches, 8000+ test match runs, 4 ashes wins and a world cup win - in which he was player of the tournament.  Upset quite a few on the way including Graham Swann (haha) 

Pietersen looks after number one.  Any doubt as to what his career has bought him?  Then look at this article.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9384489/kevin-pietersen-home-wentworth-jessica-taylor-safari/

Yep really enjoyed it.  He is an arrogant tosser, but to be fair, other members of that England team don't come out of it too well either
  • Options
    The bloke is a twat, in the same way Ronnie O'Sullivan is a twat IMO. 

I love them both. 
    This 
  • Options
    Had a meeting with a guy high up at Lords. Asked him about KP.

Unfortunately he confirmed KP is the biggest tosser in cricket by a street, but on the plus side the nicest by a street is Bairstow. He’d do anything for anyone, type that would stay for hours doing photos/autographs with kids, a real good lad.

• Options
    He might be the biggest tosser, but he was possibly the most entertaining batter I've seen for a long time.
    2 pieces that immediately stand out...

150+ in Oval 5th Test in 2005 v Lee/Mcgrath/Warne - that innings effectively won us the Ashes.
    The incredible switch hit for 6 off Styris.