Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Ambrose and Chris Solly

Just seen that the Darren Ambrose deal towards Birmingham is rumored at around a one million pound package. To all those who say 2/3 million is right for Solly, is this now correct when looking at the Ambrose price?

Comments

• Options
    Ambrose is 31 though.
  • Options
    Not really, we get mugged off on deals so would probably get less than 1mil for solly
  • Options
    Agreed, but solly only proven in league one?
  • Options
    Short answer: yes.
    Solly is a young promising fullback, Ambrose is 31 and just past his peak.
  • Options
    And Ambrose is only good for patches of games, whereas Chris Solly is a true Gladiator (of diminutive proportions).
  • Options
    Ambrose is not 31, he is 28.
  • Options
    I thought Ambrose went for £250,000.
  • Options
    Same thing!
    :)
  • Options
    Clyne to Southampton deal is reported to be 1.5m which is amazing considering Lowton went to Villa for 3 million.

If Palace can only get 1.5m for Clyne then I doubt we would get more for Solly (heaven forbid we sell him)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Clyne is out of contract though I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clyne went to a tribunal.
  • Options
    Not really, we get mugged off on deals so would probably get less than 1mil for solly
    Rubbish, and I think you probably know it
  • Options
    We're comparing a right back who is unproven in the Championship, to a goalscoring attacking midfielder with bundles of Premiership and Championship experience. Hardly a fair comparison.
  • Options
    We're comparing a right back who is unproven in the Championship, to a goalscoring attacking midfielder with bundles of Premiership and Championship experience. Hardly a fair comparison.
    Agree
  • Options
    Really ? We hardly got a great deal on jonjo and we got 0 for Ambrose I think.
    Rubbish, and I think you probably know it
  • Options
    The difference is that our board at the minute seem to have rich backers and may not be in need of funds, and are businessmen so I don't think that they will let there players leave on the cheap just to get some money into the club, they will hold out for the right price
  • Options
    1 millon for ambrose? Thought brum had no cash?
  • Options
    I was convinced he was 31!
  • Options
    £250k rising to £1m through add ons.
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't get the Lowton price at all. SURELY, not better than Clyne?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah, I don't get the Lowton price at all. SURELY, not better than Clyne?
    Clyne is out of contract, Lowton wasn't. It's been mentioned already.
  • Options
    Think on reflection we got a good price for Darren Bent.
  • Options
    Forget the palace shite , I said it once and i will say it again, Solly will show hes class this season coming. £ 4..mill move to one of the big fish, ( my bet man u ) The new and improved g. neville.....??
  • Options
    I have watched them both and Solly is worth more. Fact.
  • Options
    A player is worth what the club is prepared to accept.
  • Options
    I would rather have Solly now than Ambrose. Solly has another 10-12 years to run and Ambrose has 3-5.

Solly could still get better, especially when you consider he has only really had 1 full year of first team football...

Solly has to be worth so so so much more.
  • Options
    Ambrose is a bit of an enigma -looks good then doesn't look interested. Needs to be accomodated rather than slotted in!
  • Options
    £250k rising to £1m through add ons.
    That is not a good deal for an established player with a wealth of experience.
  • Options
    Where these rumours stemming from?
  • Options
    What rumour?

It's a done deal