Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We really do support the best team in the world...

As some of you will know my mum suffered a massive stroke not so long ago and has been in hospital since.

Tonight I received a text from my sister that literally brought a tear to my eye, earlier today my mum received a get well soon, from CAFC signed by every player at the club, this has her totally chuffed and has really cheered her up during what is a horrible time for her.

I don't know if anyone on this site is responsible for the card, if it was please know me and my family are so thankful for this.

Just one of the many reasons I love CAFC.

For those who are interested my mum took her first steps this week and can move almost all of her body apart from a few fingers, the doctors expect a full recovery.

For any CAFC staff who read this site, thank you so much, you have made my entire family very, very happy.

Comments

• Options
    good stuff
  • Options
    Great news regarding your mum, and a great gesture from the club. Very good to hear.
  • Options
    great news about your mum

CAFC-a touch of class
  • Options
    That's wonderful to hear. Fair play to whoever set that up.
  • Options
    Glad to hear she is on the mend Stu.
  • Options
    so glad she is on the mend mate
  • Options
    Good news about your mum, hope she recovers well :).
  • Options
    Great news about your mum.
  • Options
    Glad to hear your mum is on the mend Stu and a lovely touch from the club as well.
  • Options
    Great news about you mum's recovery.

And well done the Club too. My son got a card from the Club when he was hospital. I think it was Peter Varney's PA who sorted it, can't remember her name now : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice touch, good news all round.
  • Options
    Great news Stu, puts everything that has been going on into perspective. Well done for whoever arranged the card as well.
  • Options
    Really happy for you and your family mate.
  • Options
    Great gesture from the Club and I'm delighted things are looking up for your mum.
  • Options
    That is fantastic
  • Options
    Good to hear, nice one.
  • Options
    Great stuff
  • Options
    Glad to hear your mum's on the mend.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Some great news to end the week.

Maybe the club's not full of heartless Gordon Gekkos after all ;-)
  • Options
    Best wishes to your mum for a continued recovery. Well done to our club for the kind thought.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good stuff Stu
  • Options
    Nice one and glad she is recovering well mate.
  • Options
    Great news and massive respect from the club
  • Options
    All the best mate, nice touch from CAFC to.
  • Options
    Stu that's puker news mate really chuffed for you And your family
  • Options
    Really good news for you all. Tricky thing now is to stop her rushing things: slow and easy is the way ahead.
  • Options
    What a lovely story. Glad you're mum is on the mend.
  • Options
    Cracking gesture and just shows the class our Club & the Charlton family have. Hope your mum continues to get better.
  • Options
    First class.
    Let's hope she can make it down to the valley soon.
    A really heart warming story.
  • Options
    It brought tears to my eyes reading that. Charlton are a family club and what they done for your dear mum proves it.
    I wish her well and sincerely hope she gets better soon.
    All the best