Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

van Persie won't sign new deal at arsenal

Announces he won't sign a new deal at Arsenal over "disagreements on how the club should move forward".

I think I've predicted them to finally fall out the top 4 the last 3 years but surely they can't do it again without him. I guess he'll go to Italy.

Comments

• Options
    image they did their best to keep him, they even put the dutch flag on the sleeves of their new kit
  • Options
    Podolski and Giroud will replace him easy
  • Options
    He's coming to charlton
    All part of the plan !
    Already got his name on my new shirt !
  • Options
    Manchester City will come in for him?.
  • Options
    Can I be the first to say............he's too short !!
  • Options
    Swap deal for clarke and hayes? Both hayes and clarke would fit in at very well at arsenal. Expect an announcement from the club regarding this very soon.
  • Options
    This is turning into a pretty good week :-)
    Podolski and Giroud will replace him easy
    I doubt very much they'd score 37 goals between them let alone do what RvP done this season.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I dunno what all the fuss is about. They've still got Chamakh.
  • Options
    I do wonder whether he is the £1m player we are after?
  • Options
    I suppose if they want him its more than possible, just thought Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli, Silva + Nasri is a bit overkill already but I guess van Persie is probably better than all of them and would start with Aguero and Silva?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    to join ex arsenal such as clichy, toure, nasri, adebayor he's gone hasn't he?, viera, platt & kidd.

• Options
    Would like to see him stay in England but feel Juve will get him
  • Options
    Read today that he's going to Asia or the Middle East.
  • Options
    Don't like rvp but dont see what the problem is. Prepared to honour a contract, but wants to move to a new firm which either has better prospects or pays more money.

Change the profession from football to IT Developer and no one would bat an eyelid.
  • Options
    Yes AFKA - but what about if that IT development company had spent the last six years paying for you whilst you had numerous illnesses ailments and injuries do you not feel potentially you should show a hint of loyalty
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Is he not showing loyalty by not demanding a transfer now?
  • Options
    Don't like rvp but dont see what the problem is. Prepared to honour a contract, but wants to move to a new firm which either has better prospects or pays more money.

Change the profession from football to IT Developer and no one would bat an eyelid.
    a bit like paying pardews contract up then.
  • Options
    Robin Van Persie...
    He leaves when he wants.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    And all the gooners I knew were raging on about he was going to stay, LOL. They have nothing to fear though with the mighty strike line of, Bendtner, Park and Chamakh.
  • Options
    Arsenal are doomed. I almost feel sorry for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree AFKA, rather a player honest a year out too rather than one who strings you along in the last year, e.g. Sol Campbell, gives Arsenal the chance to take the money now or have him for that year (they'll sell this summer).
  • Options
    Agree AFKA, rather a player honest a year out too rather than one who strings you along in the last year, e.g. Sol Campbell, gives Arsenal the chance to take the money now or have him for that year (they'll sell this summer).
    but if RVP decides that rather than arsenal cashing in £x millions now, talk to clubs now in january and he can have a large % of that money for himself as a nice signing on fee.
  • Options
    Arsenal are doomed. I almost feel sorry for them.
    Knowing W*nger, he'll just pull someone out of the youth team and turn them into a World Class player over night.
    I dont think they'll be panicking just yet!

• Options
    heard he was going to real madrid months ago from someone who has a good contact at arsenal
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    paulbaconsarnie, that's what I'm saying I think he's not done, and think more of him for it. As above, I think he'll go this summer.

He has a length of contract, no issue with him not signing a new one - it's no Parker refusing to train, or Fabregas being made a 'slave'. If Arsenal thought he wasn't good enough for the level they want, they'd release him at the end of the contract and there's be no outcry, why is there an issue the other way around?
  • Options
    Ars*nal wont let him walk away for free, they'll sell him before he can.
  • Options
    heard he was going to real madrid months ago from someone who has a good contact at arsenal
    14s on paddy power

• Options
    worth a small flutter
    couldn't find it on paddy power
  • Options
    Shocking.