Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    @PragueAddick . After the conclusion of the final Witnesses last night there was a trailer for series 4 of Spiral. Starts on bbc4 on Saturday 30th December. Happy days.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Just watched the last episode of Detectorists on catch up. Utter beautiful class. Mackenzie Crook goes into a very very high level of respect from me.

Agree, Seth.

But an added bonus for the fans of this series tonight is the " Detectorists Christmas Special" on BBC2 at 10pm

I did check that it's not a repeat of an earlier/last series' episode but evidently a brand spanking new one.

Enjoy.
  • Options
    I believe the episode tonight is a repeat of the Christmas episode from the end of series two @Fanny Fanackapan
  • Options

I believe the episode tonight is a repeat of the Christmas episode from the end of series two @Fanny Fanackapan

Unfortunately it is.
  • Options
    Series 1 - 6 episodes
    Series 2 - 6 episodes
    Christmas Episode
    Series 3 - 6 episodes

All been and gone now.
  • Options

B*gger !

Oh well, probably worth watching again.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Nug said:

Cracking latest episode of Designated Survivor, might even be the last of the series. Completely over the top but love it.

Not the last in the series - like Charlton,they are having a mid season break. DS is back in March for the 2nd half of season 2.
  • Options

@PragueAddick . After the conclusion of the final Witnesses last night there was a trailer for series 4 of Spiral. Starts on bbc4 on Saturday 30th December. Happy days.

Aha.

But I think that must mean they have changed their mind about when to show The Bridge next. I read an article, I think I posted the link, that said it was slated for an early Jan start, and the article wondered where Spiral was. They won't show both at the same time, they all need to fill the Saturday 21.00 slot.

Well, its going to be a long dark winter :-)

• Options
    Update, @bolloxbolder and all Bridge fans. This is the website and it is now reporting that The Bridge has been promoted to BBC2, but it doesnt yet have a start date. But it will be the last series :-(

This is quite a vote of confidence, because some years ago BBC2 kicked all subtitled stuff off its schedules, after a complaint from Nigel Farage. OK i made that last bit up. But in the late 80s- early 90s there were loads of subtitled European films shown, albeit quite late in the schedules. When C4 decided to show Deutschland 83 there was quite a big fuss about it being subtitled - and I am not sure it paid off for them.
  • Options

B*gger !

We will have our own metal detectors to play with come Christmas lunch time Fanny, no need for TV :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

B*gger !

We will have our own metal detectors to play with come Christmas lunch time Fanny, no need for TV :smiley:
    Indeed, Mike !

Nearly forgot about that highlight a week tomorrow !

Have a great one !
  • Options

Nug said:

Cracking latest episode of Designated Survivor, might even be the last of the series. Completely over the top but love it.

Not the last in the series - like Charlton,they are having a mid season break. DS is back in March for the 2nd half of season 2.
    Season 1 was a 24/ West Wing hybrid. Neither done as good as the original but enjoyable. Season 2 has just been a poor West Wing knock off. They needed to do something drastic and I'm hoping it improves when it returns.
  • Options
    Anyone watch the new episode of League of Gentlemen? My all time favourite series, and the new one was right up there. Dark, fucked up, brilliant.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Anyone watch the new episode of League of Gentlemen? My all time favourite series, and the new one was right up there. Dark, fucked up, brilliant.

Watched occasionally years ago. It was really really good tonight.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

It used to scare me to be honest. I'd laugh as it was also bloody funny but papa lazou and Hillary put the shits right up me. And Tubbs
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Carter said:

McBobbin said:

It used to scare me to be honest. I'd laugh as it was also bloody funny but papa lazou and Hillary put the shits right up me. And Tubbs
    I'd be interested in how papa lazarou fared in today's climate (well sent up by Babs). Ok, he's in blackface, but as revealed in series 3 that's his real face, and he needs to "white up" to play Keith Drop. Overlooking the fact he abducts women to keep as wives (interestingly, kept in the same cage used in the Elephant Man film). Let's face it, a complex character.

Want to buy some pegs Dave?
  • Options
    Series 2 of The Crown was very good.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    McBobbin said:

"Is the key still under the mat?"

"Well, sort of."

Absolute Gold. Great writing by Pemberton, Gattis and Shearsmith. The dentist sketch at the beginning was quality and Pauline's pens was a bit surreal.

Great stuff looking forward to the next two.

• Options

Series 2 of The Crown was very good.

Yes. Enjoyed it. Phil didn’t come out of it all that well! Claire Foy has got the Queen down to a tee. Even the walk.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    'Dark' on Netflix is pretty good but not quite great, I'd say. It's worth a go if you like a shows/films that make you think and piece parts together.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bancroft - good start, think it's going to be good. Also like it's on four consecutive nights.

Does anyone think the younger Bancroft looks like an alien or android ?
    I think it's because they've used the same actor and slapped on a load of filler to hide the lines.
  • Options

https://youtu.be/UFmFuXH0IRY

Looking forward to this.

Cracking sound track. Looks good, I hope they haven't put all the best lines in the trailer.
  • Options
    Anyone been watching the drugsland series? Fascinating, and makes the case for legalization. And that's despite the druggies who all come across as absolute fannies
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Anyone been watching the drugsland series? Fascinating, and makes the case for legalization. And that's despite the druggies who all come across as absolute fannies

Didn't catch tonight as I was watching Dave Gorman, but the one the other week with the b/friend & g/friend living in the multi story carpark in Bristol just shows you how hard it is to get off drugs.
  • Options
    That was a very powerful episode. this week was about drugs policy. the policy in the UK is a shambles
  • Options
    Watched the new league of gentlemen, brilliant not like some of the other shows they have brought back.
  • Options
    Can't remember whether the final series of The Tunnel has received any comments .

We've just finished watching it & can thoroughly recommend.
  • Options

Can't remember whether the final series of The Tunnel has received any comments .

It's just an American version of the Bridge though.
  • Options

Final season of The Bridge is coming soon . :-)
  • Options

The Bridge is an American version of Broen
    The Tunnel is an English/French version of Broen