Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Can't remember who it was but thanks to whoever recommended Fargo a few pages ago. Now in the middle of series two. Took a while to get the hang of it as it's deliberately a little bit ludicrous but very enjoyable.
  • Options

Can't remember who it was but thanks to whoever recommended Fargo a few pages ago. Now in the middle of series two. Took a while to get the hang of it as it's deliberately a little bit ludicrous but very enjoyable.

I thought season 2 was not quite up to the first, which was brilliant. Really enjoying the third so far.
  • Options
    Anyone else watch The Trial tonight on 4?
    First episode today and on every day now up to Thursday.

Interesting programme, clever idea.
    Real judges, random people in jury but the actual case is fiction.

Loads of people talking about it on twitter, the majority simply asking "is this real" over and over.
    To be honest it is set up like a documentary but it also explained the concept at the start.
  • Options

Loads of people talking about it on twitter, the majority simply asking "is this real" over and over.
    To be honest it is set up like a documentary but it also explained the concept at the start.

I watched it. I thought it was ok & will watch the rest, but wasn't as good as I was expecting.
  • Options
    Just started watching 'Forged in Fire' on History Channel .. a US competition revolving round making and testing medieval weapons using old forge/blacksmith techniques .. interesting
  • Options

Just started watching 'Forged in Fire' on History Channel .. a US competition revolving round making and testing medieval weapons using old forge/blacksmith techniques .. interesting

I hope it's more interesting than it sounds ! :wink:
  • Options

written like a 'Bake Off' fan ((:>)
  • Options

I actually quite like the programme especially when they are testing the weapons.
  • Options

I've seen a couple of these. It is good, all be it Americans are a little different to us. I have a friend who has two daughters (6 and 8) and the three of them sit and watch it all day on a Sunday.
  • Options
    Don't know if anyone on here has seen it but started watching bloodline the other day on Netflix, I have been enjoying it but 4 episodes in and I still don't feel like I have a clue what's going on, guessing that's intentional?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Master of None season 2 is very good.
  • Options
    Thoroughly enjoying iZombie series 3.

I catch and episode of Shed and Buried when I can. It's repeated ad infinitum on freesat - Travel Channel, I think - so not hard to find another one to watch. You could argue it's basically the same every week, and Henry Cole's delivery is annoying, but some of the bikes they turn up are wonders to behold and the mechanic, Sam, seems to be a bit of a genius with a spanner. I particularly liked the time he made a tyre for a penny-farthing front wheel.
  • Options

Don't know if anyone on here has seen it but started watching bloodline the other day on Netflix, I have been enjoying it but 4 episodes in and I still don't feel like I have a clue what's going on, guessing that's intentional?

Takes a bloody age to get going. Wasn't bad.
    However,I didn't bother with the second series.
  • Options

Enjoying it. Though a couple of jury members are irritating and the defence barrister also comes across a bit knobish.
  • Options
    Not a new series, but just seen First Dates on C4 - cant believe that Sara Rowbotham, the whistleblower from the Rochdale "3 Girls" case was on it. Also didn't realise (not that it matters) that she was gay - and that Maxine Peake did her a favour !!
  • Options
    Again now new but just started Black Mirror, brilliant and uncomfortable at the same time
  • Options

Not a new series, but just seen First Dates on C4 - cant believe that Sara Rowbotham, the whistleblower from the Rochdale "3 Girls" case was on it. Also didn't realise (not that it matters) that she was gay - and that Maxine Peake did her a favour !!

I saw that & never realised. Wow.
  • Options
    Finished Spin, the French political thriller, on More4. I highly recommend it to anyone who relishes that kind of theme. Among other things it teaches you how the French presidential system works

Started watching the OJ doc, thanks to the recco above. It is interesting, although overlong IMO (5 x90 mins). Sometimes you wonder "why did they include that bit?".

Need a decent new Euro-drama. Preferably not on All 4 catch up though, buffering and long ad breaks drive me nuts. Any ideas?
  • Options
    Watched the first episode of American Gods, genuinely have no idea what was going on.
  • Options

Watched the first episode of American Gods, genuinely have no idea what was going on.

I've watched 4, I'm none the better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I've watched 4, I'm none the better.
    I've watched 2, not sure I can be bothered to watch anymore, it's all a bit too much.
  • Options
    Just finished watching Three Girls (thread sunk).

Apart from the disturbing, sad and very important isssues, as a piece of Television it was excellent.

The acting, direction and writing were amazing.

Didn't really know what it was about when I started watching it, but remembered the case when I did.

At first when I saw the cast come up on the opening credits I thought, here we go, what's this going to be like.

In the last episode I had a few tears down my face on a couple of occasions.

I thought it was a fitting dedication to what happened to these girls and hopefully helps to prevent these things happening again.
  • Options
    The Met .. 2nd series about policing London
  • Options
    Just watched all five episodes of The Trail: A murder in the family.
    Fascinating viewing and well worth watching .
    It's available on catchup on All 4
  • Options

Dud you think he was guilty ? - obviously we find out in the end, but for me there was enough doubt to say not.
  • Options

Dud you think he was guilty ? - obviously we find out in the end, but for me there was enough doubt to say not.
    I would have said not guilty
  • Options
    I thought he was guilty but had I been on the jury would have said not guilty. Just a chance it could have been the boyfriend
  • Options

I thought he was guilty but had I been on the jury would have said not guilty. Just a chance it could have been the boyfriend

The boyfriend puting his phone on flight mode made me think he did it.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I thought he was not guilty. I thought the boyfriend's alibi was hard to believe.
    He said he missed the bus, was late, so decided to walk there, which took an hour.
    Why would you walk for an hour if you were already late and put your phone on flight mode ?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Same, would've had to say not guilty because of boyfriend but the gap between the two 999 calls led me to think he probably did do it.